Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Technical Support Discuss Anyone have any techno-savy ? in the Community Center forums; I ask because i bought the Tangled Blu-ray + DvD combo pack i've watched the blu-ray a couple times since i got it and today i was going to check ...
    Ominusrex is offline B-Ticket Holder

Anyone have any techno-savy ?

I ask because i bought the Tangled Blu-ray + DvD combo pack i've watched the blu-ray a couple times since i got it and today i was going to check out the regular DVD on my laptop (bringing it on a trip in a few days) and it doesn't play it tries to load for a little while then nothing happens and i knlow there isn't anything wrong with my drive. What Gives ?

A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes !

bradisgoofy is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Anyone have any techno-savy ?

What are you trying to play it with? Windows Media Player? Is it an old computer? Is it a.......Mac...? Google for free players and try something different like VLC Media Player.
    Last edited by bradisgoofy; 04-06-2011 at 09:30 PM.
    Brad is because he listens/watches the WDWradio newscast on a Sprint EVO in a frontend loader at work. * aka brad49201 on the WDWradio Newscast chat * WDW visit on Honeymoon 8/73 * Off sight - 4/1982 * CBR - 4/1995 * Dixie Landings (now Riverside) - 4/1999 * FW Cabins 4/2000 * DVC Membership ( BWV ) - 4/2000 * VWL - 4/2001 * OKW - 4/2002 * BWV - 4/2003 * BWV - 4/2004 * FW ( in our Fifth Wheel ) - 4/2005 * BWV - 3/2006 then Disney Wonder 3 day Cruise - 3/30/06 then back to BWV - 4/2006 * FW ( in our new MOTORCOACH ) - 4/2007 * BWV & FW - 4/2008 Magical Gathering * SSR - 10/2008 MNSSHP * BCV - 3/2009 * BWV - 11/09 (MVMCP 11-10-09) * Back to FW - 5/2010 & bought BLT * OKW 11/2010 * Second cruise on the Wonder 11/7/10 * MVMCP 11/11/10 * BLT 5/11 * BWV 12/11 * BLT 5/12

I have a HP laptop it's only 2 years old and i'm running vista. My default is Jetaudio and i have Windows Media too. I also tried VLC and AnyDvD with no luck this has me stumped. I don't thinks it's the DVD itself because i have a friend who bought the same combo pack so went to try theirs and it won't play either. Weird thing is the darn thing plays on my friends laptop.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I'm of no help but will bookmark this thread. My DD is having the same issue with her brand new, very expensive Dell. It won't run the DVD from Toy Story. It will work in the DVD player and the Blue Ray works in the DVD player. She also has had this issue with a TV series she has bought in the last few months.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

It drives me crazy because i bought this strictly to have a DVD to play on my laptop i don't even own the blu-ray players i've played it own so for me my laptops all i have. If i can't play the DVD version then this thing is vertially worthless to me.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

My gut it is the the newer DVD's. Older ones are working OK. All the DVD's have to have is a tiny glitch that seems to keep them from running.
    My DD was on a Coach coming back from her University and she said she load, load, load, load....and eventually it caught.

Now hopefully Disney will be addressing soon.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Check with your friend and see what program runs the DVD. You might be able to free download that program. From the number of responses however, I say contact the company and ask.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post
    Check with your friend and see what program runs the DVD. You might be able to free download that program. From the number of responses however, I say contact the company and ask.
    Have done ~ Thier program is Windows Media Player 12 which is only available in Windows 7 , i'm not switching just for a media player upgrade. I have a technical help message in at Disney Entertainments website hopefully i'll hear from them soon ! - Thanks to all of you for the help

Unhappy Re: Anyone have any techno-savy ?

I just tried it on my year old Ausu and it runs fine, but I do have Windows 7. Disney is probably the most strict company when it comes to copy protection and I'll just about guess you are right about it only working with the latest version of Media Player.

What's weird is i was at Wal-mart earlier and was passing Redbox as i was leaving on a whim i rented a copy of Tangled on the way out. I brought it home and it's exactly like the one i have and it plays fine ! I will try mine again when i'm finished watching it but not till it''m done just in case .

Quote Originally Posted by Ominusrex View Post
    ...but not till it''m done just in case .