Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Technical Support Discuss Photo Posting in galleries in the Community Center forums; A few of you have had recent issues posting images in the galleries, and for that I apologize. I made a few changes (including reducing the max image size), which ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

Photo Posting in galleries

A few of you have had recent issues posting images in the galleries, and for that I apologize.

I made a few changes (including reducing the max image size), which may help alleviate any problems.

If anyone has any other issues, please let me know via PM or email.

Thanks for your patience and support, and please excuse our dust while we refurbish!!

Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

tiggerwannabe is offline ~Disney is my Therapy~
    Hi again!

What exactly is the size limit now?

cj.
    °O° cj/nj °O°

°O°The Key to Happiness is Self Delusion°O°

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    640x480 - but the galleries will resize larger pictures down for you
    Lou Mongello

Main Street Magic is offline D-Ticket Holder

Is my file too large?

Lou

Sorry to bother you, but I was going to upload a photo I had of one of the Hidden Mickey's in the AKL but got the following errors:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted at (null):0 (tried to allocate 9088 bytes) in /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/html/photos/image-inc.php on line 81

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted at (null):0 (tried to allocate 48 bytes) in /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/html/forums/includes/functions.php on line 467

So, is my file too large? and just how can I tell in the future. Some of my photos will upload and others will not. I'm confused.

Thanks in advance.
    Keep your hands and arms inside the post at all times and remember no smoking or flash photography please!

jacketsfan683 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I have gotten that same error message also.

If any of you are still having this problem, please PM or email me and let me know. There were some minor server issues which were being worked on and hopefully resolved recently. Thank you.
    Lou Mongello

I'm back............(or should I say "Oops, I've done it again"????)

I cannot post thumbnails. getting an error File Too Large. Limits are 800 x 800. Your file is 1024 x 768. Funny thing is that one of these I previously posted to the gallery.

If my files ARE too big, just how do I make them smaller? Send them to Honey I Shrunk the Images?
    Keep your hands and arms inside the post at all times and remember no smoking or flash photography please!

MSM - a few questions:

What operating system are you using?
    Do you have any type of image maniupation software?

Let me know and I can help point you in the right direction as to how to do it or what type of software is available that I would recommend.

Although I like the HISTI suggestion, too!
    Lou Mongello

first, I am on windows XP both here at work and at home - I tried uploading the same photos from both locations and got the same results.

As for image manipulation software..........none that I can think of here at work. I have some software at home which came with my digital camera but I don't know if it will allow me to resize.......

I'm open for any suggestions.

Thanks for taking the time to help.

tiggerguy is online now As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly
    As for image manipulation software..........none that I can think of here at work. I have some software at home which came with my digital camera but I don't know if it will allow me to resize.......
    What is the name of it? most software allows you to resize. I too have come across the problem that the file size was too big.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I use Photoshop or Microsoft Photo Editor to resize my photos.

I have been using ACDSee for years and love its ease of use and features.

If you're using Microsoft XP, you can download a little-known and yes, dare I say, FREE utility from Micorosft that integrates right into the OS and can resize pictures for you! It is part of the MS Powertoys collection, and can be downloaded (did I mention it's actually from Micorosft and free??!), from HERE. This PowerToy enables you to resize one or many image files with a right-click, making it incredibly easy to use!

For something more powerful, though, I enjoy ACDSee.
    Lou Mongello

Thumbs up

A number of people have posted and contacted me privately about how to edit, resize, and otherwise manipulate their photos, without having to learn the ins and outs of complicated software.

I have previously recommended a program I have used for years called ACDSee. It is an extremely easy-to-use, user-friendly application that requires no real photo-editing skills.

Plus, with the release of ACDSee 7, the most powerful photo manager around is now even faster. Way faster. No other photo software saves you so much time. Enjoy the freedom to find, organize and edit your photos faster, easier and with better results than ever before. Instantly share your pictures online or on your cell phone. Create quality prints or Flash and PDF slideshows. Favored by photographers, used by organizations like Associated Press, Boeing and Harvard, ACDSee is your best choice in photo management software.

To learn more, click here.

Click on the image below to order ACDSee
    (please use this link if you decide to order)

Lou Mongello

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    Lou, I hate to ask but how can I get some pictures from our trip to disney in 2003 on to the site? Do I just e-mail them to you? I have them on discs so if you could e-mail me the step-by-step directons that would be great.

Laura

Laura,

You can post as many pictiures as you like into our Photo Galleries. Just click on the link at the top of the page to access the galleries.

From there, click on the Upload Photos link and you can start selecting images directly from your PC to upload. You can create your own Albums, or post the pictures in their corresponding category (e.g. Frontierland, Resorts, etc.).

If you have any questions or problems, post them here and I or one of our other members would be happy to help you.

Can't wait to see you pictures!!!
    Lou Mongello

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast