Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Technical Support Discuss Accessing DWT in the Community Center forums; I'm experiencing technical difficulties with this site and only this site. From home I cannot get here at all, I keep getting a time out error. Pinging times out as ...
    MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."

Unhappy Accessing DWT

I'm experiencing technical difficulties with this site and only this site. From home I cannot get here at all, I keep getting a time out error. Pinging times out as well. I have no problems with any other website. Truly bizarre for me, I've never had a problem with just one site before that others didn't have.

I can only access DWT via proxies, which arent reliable so far or cost $, or through work.

Does anyone have any ideas of what could possibly be going on?

I'm at work now.

Signed,

Really bummed in The First State
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Hi Amanda.

I wish I could help you. I am also hoping that no one else is having difficulties.

The best I can do is to leave a message hoping the big cheese... uh.. er... Lou checks in.

I will do so and if any other technical people have any ideas to help Manda please post them to her.

I hope it gets fixed for you soon.

~ MBbabe
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

tiggerguy is online now All Around Good Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandabella
    I'm experiencing technical difficulties with this site and only this site. From home I cannot get here at all, I keep getting a time out error. Pinging times out as well. I have no problems with any other website. Truly bizarre for me, I've never had a problem with just one site before that others didn't have.

I can only access DWT via proxies, which arent reliable so far or cost $, or through work.

Does anyone have any ideas of what could possibly be going on?

I'm at work now.

Signed,

Really bummed in The First State

One thing I can think of is try cleaning out the cache and maybe clear your cookies
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    I have been having all kinds of problems with my browser. My browser went down about 25 times and had to reboot and reboot. I have contacted SBC Yahoo! DSL by phone and e-mail several times since Thursday. I had to reinstall my broswer and connection manager. There is some kind of bug in either, the Windows SP2 update with Internet Explorer, which SBC Yahoo! is based, or something called "flash.ocx".

They told me this site could be the cause of the problems if there are a lot of ActiveX and/or Java scripts running, whatever those are. I told them there are Google ads running on the website now. They said that could be cause too if they contain malicious code. Told me to contact the administrator of the site. I told them Lou is at WDW. They thought I was joking.

So far today all is OK. However, I am afraid to access any kind of multi-media for fear of crashing again.

P.S. When I posted this a minute ago I got a "unterminated string constant" warning and all kinds of other mumbo jumbo. Maybe the 999 grim grinning ghosts are having some fun with me.
    Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 09-20-2004 at 03:53 PM.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Thanks MBabe, tiggerguy, and JC for the replies.

Removing cache/cookies didn't help, thanks anyhow.

The problem only exist with this site and my machines connected from home.
    I'm currently connecting to work from home on a work machine. The problem
    exists both on IE and Mozilla. Why is it just this site, why couldn't it be
    a useless site I don't care about?

Thanks guys, I'm hoping Lou can help when he gets back. If I'm quiet for the
    next week or so you know why.

Signed,
    Still bummed in the First State
    Amanda

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    I dont use IE anymore, I switched to Mozilla firefox and its been great I have no issue with this site - I had problems on IE -

Ok do you have anything on the computer that might be causing this - spyware etc- or do you have a personal firewall or privacy setting that might be a problem? Or even simpler a virus? My daughter had net issues and she was loaded with viruses and spyware- slowed her net usage to a crawl or she could'nt get into sites at all

Sorry to hear about your problem

hope some of this helps

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    I use Norton Antivirus and Internet Security. Also have Spybot and Ad-Aware programs. All seems to be OK today.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Hi from WDW!!!

Just a quick check-in and saw this post. Sorry for your difficulties. When I return, I will work with you directly to resolve them. I personally (save for a few instances when there was work being done on the server) have had no diffculty accessing the site (which is not hosted locally for me). Even here in WDW, I have had no problems.

If you are having pinging problems, etc., it sounds like it may be a DNS error or a problem in between wherer you are and the host.

Again, when I return, we can work on this together if you like.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote Originally Posted by crashbunny
    I dont use IE anymore, I switched to Mozilla firefox and its been great I have no issue with this site - I had problems on IE -

Ok do you have anything on the computer that might be causing this - spyware etc- or do you have a personal firewall or privacy setting that might be a problem? Or even simpler a virus? My daughter had net issues and she was loaded with viruses and spyware- slowed her net usage to a crawl or she could'nt get into sites at all

Sorry to hear about your problem

hope some of this helps
    Thanks for the suggestions crashbunny! The spousal unit commandeered my laptop last week and got rid of a bunch of of spyware and checked for any virii. So that doesn't appear to be the problem...

Nancy Kerrigan voice on: WHY?!?!? WHy?!?!?!? NK voice off.

Amanda

Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    Hi from WDW!!!

Just a quick check-in and saw this post. Sorry for your difficulties. When I return, I will work with you directly to resolve them. I personally (save for a few instances when there was work being done on the server) have had no diffculty accessing the site (which is not hosted locally for me). Even here in WDW, I have had no problems.

If you are having pinging problems, etc., it sounds like it may be a DNS error or a problem in between wherer you are and the host.

Again, when I return, we can work on this together if you like.
    Thanks Lou. I think you are right about it being a DNS error between me and the host. If it isn't resolved by the time you get home (and when I get back form my weekend trip this upcoming weekend), I'll be PMing you.

Thanks Lou and thanks everyone for the suggestions! I appreciate it. Hopefully, I can get this all straightened out by next week!
    Amanda

UPDATE

Well for some inexplicable reason, I can now connect from my home connection.

That was a weird few days, and I'm still not totally sure what caused it or how it got fixed. Good news I'm back!!!!!
    Amanda