Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Technical Support Discuss I think there should be less subforums. in the Community Center forums; I think I counted 48 sub-forums which in my opinion is too much. There are a lot of forums that are very close to other forums. I think the layout ...
    SteamboatWillie is offline B-Ticket Holder

I think there should be less subforums.

I think I counted 48 sub-forums which in my opinion is too much. There are a lot of forums that are very close to other forums. I think the layout should be something more like this.

General Forums:
    Site news and announcements
    General discussion(talk about anything)

then have a sticky with forum rules and a sticky for introducing yourself in general.

Disney Forums:
    General Disney disscusion
    Disney games and trivia
    disney secrets(have a sticky for hidden mickeys in this one)
    Disney News and rumors
    Theme parks and rides
    Photos
    Merchandise
    Disney Video games(including VMK)

Vacation Planning:
    General Vacation planning
    Hotels, Restaurants, Money, and reviews
    Beyond the parks

there i cut it down to 13. obviously that wouldnt be perfect and would need to be tweeked but i just dont feel its necessary to have 48 subforums.

Steamboat Willie

Suiteliferoxs is offline I'm back and im ready to post!
    Well I think that your right, but i also like what we have now. I would forget about what subforums to put my threads in, there would be to many things in one. I'm not saying that it's a bad idea but i have to wait to see what everyone else says.
    Got Disney?

magikindom is offline It's Yeti time!
    I think what we have now is fine.
    I'm only happy in Disney World
    I am still a proud pod person
    Keep on babbeling

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    I also like what we have now. I think Lou and all the moderaters do a great job on this site. Have you actually seen how many posts there are within your "excessive" subforums? I personally would not want to look thru a zillion threads on vacation planning if I wanted information on perhaps just POP Century.

If you have suggestions like this in the future, PM one of the mods or Lou with them. They are the ones who decide these things.

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy
    I have been a member her since practically from the beginning and I think the site has become better BECAUSE of the sub-forums we have set up. The way we have it set up now makes it easier for members to find out the info they come looking for.

Yes some of the forums are similar in name and we are constantly tinkering to make it better.

Brian
    Moderator DisneyWorldTrivia.com

mechurchlady is offline My hero is Gurgi who wanted only friends and an apple.
    In the back seat of life or in front of a computer in California.
    Except for the survivor games I have little trouble with this site. It makes it easier for me to avoid the stuff I am not interested in like art, videos, posting pictures and cruises. I belong to too many boards, have a busy life, run a couple boards and care for an elderly mother so I need to not waste time on stuff I am not interested in.

Keep tinkering and love the site the way it is.
    Figment and Gurgi; chocolate and coffee; and my family. I like to cook, shop, VMK, ToonTown and sweepstaking. Trivia lover but memory not good enough.

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    First of all.... to DWT SteamboatWillie!!!!

Thank you for telling us your take on the site. We are currently looking at the content to see if we can better describe or combine some of our areas, that said....

When we began, we had no sub-forums at all.

The current configuration has evolved over time to fit the needs of the community.

Fo example, instead of our teen members having to search through other general discussions to find those that interest them, we have added the "Teen Forums".

Another example is that when the "Survivor Games" began, being that there are so many, they often would take up too much space in the games forums pushing the other games to second or third page when they are all essentially the same "game". That is why it is just easier for them to be all together.

Along the same lines, those interested in VMK can go directly to the "VMK Forums" area for thier information.

The forums and sub-forums are there to help you find exactly what you might be looking for.

We here at DisneyWorldTrivia.com enjoy trivia specific to Walt Disney World. Therefore we catorgize the trivia games so that members who enjoy different types of trivia can find the specific games they enjoy.

So, you see, most of the forums and sub-forums have a reason for being organized the way they are.

If you are having trouble finding what you need, feel free to ask. I think you will find we have a very friendly and helpful group of people here at DWT.

Thanks again for your input.

Last edited by MickeyBabe; 09-25-2006 at 11:26 AM.
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

Vegitabeta is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I agree, I get confused with all the different threads!
    "The Immortal Captain Jack Sparrow." It has such a lovely ring to it...-Captain Jack Sparrow
    Disneyland Resort Paris trip report and photos: Here

MousePad and Magical Mountain Member

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Welcome to the boards and great input.
    Yeah, there are a lot of subforums, but I think they were created as the need came up. It is a way to avoid the threads you might not care too much about and pay attention to those that you do.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    I have to admit that many of us have great ideas. HOWEVER, we have grown and adapted to what we are use to now that if we change to a new one, it will make more mishaps and problems. Lets just say that no matter what lay-out we are going to have problems with it bc nothing is perfect..or Lou would have thought of it already lol! But great ideas everybody

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

You can subscribe to threads and then later pop up your user CP. There you will find a list of all of your subscribed threads. You can have folders for your subscribed threads. I belong to lots of boards that are out of different companies like vbulletin and invision. They all have the subscribe to thread option. This site you can find the subscribe to thread option under the Thread Tools link at the top right of each thread. You can get an email sent to you daily or immediately every time someone posts on a thread you are watching.
    Last edited by mechurchlady; 09-25-2006 at 07:06 PM.
    Figment and Gurgi; chocolate and coffee; and my family. I like to cook, shop, VMK, ToonTown and sweepstaking. Trivia lover but memory not good enough.

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy
    ***FYI***

The moment you make a comment on a certain subject thread you are " subscribed" to it
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

I do not get subscribed to any threads.

Go to User CP then to Edit Options

You will see:
    Default Thread Subscription Mode
    When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.
    When I first was here I got subscribed to everything but changed it to do not subscribe. Now I pick what I want to subscribe to.