Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Technical Support Discuss Currently active users. in the Community Center forums; Hi, everybody just wanted to see if there was something wrong..or if its just me. We all know that we can find out who is on and what they are ...
    disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!

Exclamation Currently active users.

Hi, everybody just wanted to see if there was something wrong..or if its just me.
    We all know that we can find out who is on and what they are doing under the Currently Active Users box at the bottom. I don't know why, but recently there have been names in the currently active users box...and they are logged off. When i go to refresh the page..their name is still there, but they are gone. Its not aHUGE problem. Just wanted to see if something is up, or i just have problems lol. I know the world is not perfect, it just gets confusing once in a while when you go to PM a friend because it says their on, and their not. Just curious!
    Thanks everyone for your help and have a nice day!
    -Brianna

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Probably due to the changes Lou has made on the site, but not really sure. I do know that once you leave DWT you are automatically logged out now.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Yeah, but then shouldn't your name leave the box. It is currently active..meaning right now, right? Even if it meant that they were a while ago..I've seen some that have been logged off for a long period of time.

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

HdnMickeyGrl is offline ...I could tell his 'inner Pooh' was laughing.
    This doesn't have to do with the online users but...

I just logged on and there were a bunch of forums with new posts. I clicked on one of them but nothing was bold like a new post should be. When I went back to the forum list it showed no new posts as though I'd already clicked on all of them.

I think there might just be some wierd glitches in the site.
    - Jennifer

"Ooo...I think my bunny slippers just ran for cover..." - Mushu

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    I will make sure Lou is aware of the problems you are experiencing. Although, all of this may be a moot point since Lou will be upgrading (yet again) within the next couple of weeks.

Probably due to the changes Lou has made on the site, but not really sure. I do know that once you leave DWT you are automatically logged out now.
    When you log in, the "Remember me" box used to be always checked. It is not any more, so you have to check it yourself. If you do so, it will not automatically log you out if you leave the site.

Thanks for the input.

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

Oh no problem. Thanks so much for explaining it to me. I appreciate everybody's answers!

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Sometimes when a user is inactive for a certain amount of time without actually clicking the "Log Out", they may remain on the currently active list for a little bit.

HMGirl... not exactly sure what you are experiencing, as I have been unable to recreate the same situation. What browser/OS are you using?
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Thanks Lou! Just wanted to make sure everything was ok!

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

tiggerguy is offline WDWRadio.com Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by HdnMickeyGrl View Post
    This doesn't have to do with the online users but...

I just logged on and there were a bunch of forums with new posts. I clicked on one of them but nothing was bold like a new post should be. When I went back to the forum list it showed no new posts as though I'd already clicked on all of them.

I think there might just be some wierd glitches in the site.
    How soon was it after you last logged out? It takes awhile for the "last visited" part to catch up.

During that time it will still say you have new posts on the main page, but when you click on them they will not be in bold, as you would already have been in the forums in "real time"
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator