Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Technical Support Discuss Spammers, advertising messages ETC in the Community Center forums; Ok folks, we know that no matter how amazing Lou is(which he is), we all know Spam is gonna get through. We are very fortunate the Lou is controlling this ...
    disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!

Exclamation Spammers, advertising messages ETC

Ok folks, we know that no matter how amazing Lou is(which he is), we all know Spam is gonna get through. We are very fortunate the Lou is controlling this at the best of his ability. But we can all help out too. So far, as a member i have to say we are all doing a great job. But i have just a couple questions:

1-Has anybody else noticed that most if not all of the spammers/advertisers have used that note logo to post their thread?

2-They have also written something above it to(like a guideline or advertising question)

I think maybe we should all just a pay a little mroe attention, just so we could be safe.

But then again, that means we are gonna take precatuions with what we do. For instance, a normal person could format their thread like that too, so you never know! Just try to be on top of things and i think we'll be fine.

I just thought that since this is a thing that has been popping up, we could all maybe post suggestions or comments about it.
    So please feel free to post what you think, and I hope everybody has a great and SAFE day!
    Any suggestions?

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    First off, let me just say that MickeyBabe, Lou, Tiggerguy, Stitch, and our other mods have done and continue to do a fabulous job of keeping this site as clean as it is. They deserve a big round of applause for all their hard work and efforts!

Spam happens, it's part of the internet. If you see a spam post on DWT, don't reply to it. Instead, click on the triangle with the exclamation point in it at the lower left corner of the post. This will allow you to report the post to the moderators, bringing it to their attention that much quicker.

Lou and the mods and staff here take this very seriously. Several new anti-spam measures have been put in place over the last week to help keep these occurrences to a minimum.

Thank you for your continued awareness and cooperation. And let's hear it for our Super Mods!!!!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

turkeymama is offline Christmas Shopping Rules!
    for all our wonderful mods and Lou!

On another note, my husband is a member on another forum and some bad links showed up on the boards over there. Nothing too bad, but just a reminder that we do really have to keep an eye out for those things. It's the world we live in today.
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    Walt Disney

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!

Smile

Good work !!!
    Some call it magic
    Thanks for keeping the boards..clean!

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT