Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The Teen Corner Cafe' Discuss Life As a Disney Obsessed Teen in the General Discussions forums; I want to know what other teens, like myself, what y'alls lives are like. Does anybody else love Disney as much as you do? Share your story. I'll start off ...
    Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney

Life As a Disney Obsessed Teen

I want to know what other teens, like myself, what y'alls lives are like. Does anybody else love Disney as much as you do? Share your story. I'll start off with my story.

I haven't always been this Disney obsessed for all my life. In middle school, Disney wasn't cool. So I didn't really brag about going to Disney and liking Disney. But then came high school(what some call "the best years of your life") Here, people thought Disney was cool, so I decided to let my Disney obsession show a tad. At first, it started out with a few Disney songs on my MP3 player and MySpace, but it escalated into Disney clothing, over 350+ songs on my computer in my Disney list, and Disney jewelry. Now, I always have SOMETHING Disney related on my. Whether it be my wallet(and matching purse) or my engraved Disney necklace. I try to do most of my projects on something that can relate to Disney. For my TV Production class we are required to turn in a current event each week. Well, my teacher was a CM and she loves Disney(but not as much as I do!) and I print out articles only on Disney. She loves reading them, and I LOVE the grade. It's hard to find someone at school that loves Disney as much as you do, so I've just stuck to keeping my friends here(DBFF Nick). People don't understand why I love Disney. I love the purpose behind the magic. Uncle Walt had a dream that started out small and keeps growing bigger and bigger each year. He never gave up and that's what inspires me every single day. "Keep Moving Forward"
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

Hakuna Matata is offline Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!
    Wishing on a star for my prince to come...
    My life as a disney obsessed teen is awesome. I have always gone to disney world (since I was 3) at least once a year but I haven't always loved it as much as I do now. Any time disney comes up in class (which is does periodically) I look up and am excited to listen to whatever it is. Many people don't understand why I love is so much and they can't understand why I prefer going to disney world every year over going somewhere out of the country on vacation. I just reply by telling them that "disney is awesome" and I can't really think of a better reason than that. My friends go to Disney world pretty often too so they know where I'm coming from but noone is nearly as obsessed as me. I spend a lot of my time watching disney channel and toon disney (I love watching the movies every day at 5) and I spend another part of my time on disneyworldtrivia. I pride myself on knowing most things disney related and tell my friends random facts whenever the occasion arises. I wish I had been this disney-obsessed in middle school because then I could have done my history paper on walt disney. O well if I ever get a chance I will write my paper on him or just the disney company in general. I have a disney collection in my room. Nothing really special just anything disney I can get my hands on I keep in my room (cereal toys and fast food toys included) I plan on attending the disney college program when I go to college and I am looking forward to it!! When I graduate my dream is to be a disney animator, I would do almost anything to achieve this goal. However, if that didn't work out I would find some other job working for the disney company. Disney is just magical to me. Disney World is magical and so are their movies. I only wish I could have met Walt Disney, that would have been truely amazing to have met the man who started it all.
    It's our problem-free philosophy Hakuna Matata!
    I've been to Disney World 22 times and can't wait to go back!

yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me!

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    I've always loved Disney, and was never afraid to show it. Unfortunately, there is nobody as obsessed with DIsney as I am, in my school. Whenever I get into detail about older attractions like the Skyway or Mr.Toad's Wild Ride, they have no idea what I am talking about. I love explaining it to my friends, but once in a while. I would also love to know somebody who actualy understands what I am talking about. Like you stated, it is great to have friends on here your age, like you, Elyse.

I also write essays, create projects, and other assignments for school about Disney. I even found a couple current events about Disney, too.

Disney is the best!

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Funny you started this thread today, because just today my friends realized my obsession. Last night my friend said something about Disney and I mentioned that I had just read a huge biography on Walt and he asked why I liked Disney so much. I couldnt really explain to him all the reasons, because people who dont get Disney just dont get it, ya know what I mean? Well anyway he thought he would test my love and he said "When did the Little Mermaid come out?" and I said 1989. This went on for about 10 minutes of him asking me when different Disney movies were released. He told my other friends that he couldnt stump me and they were asking me different movies all day today. The only one I think I wasnt sure on was Flubber and Lion King 2. lol. But anyway they just couldnt believe how obsessed I was and they couldnt really understand why, which is probably why I never really told them how much I loved Disney before. I just said that I had gone to WDW when I was little and have just liked it for a long time, I figure thats as much explanation as they could handle. But I'm glad I have all of you to share my obsession with!
    Last edited by nicks10; 04-18-2007 at 08:47 PM.
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Hakuna Matata~ View Post
    I spend a lot of my time watching disney channel and toon disney (I love watching the movies every day at 5)
    Me too! I love it when I stay home sick and I get to see Tale Spin, Goof Troop, and Chip N Dale: Rescue Rangers! I loved those shows! Thanks guys for posting here. It shows me I'm not the only teen in the world that loves Disney.
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    I just realized that I dont think I have one friend that has ever been to Walt Disney World! It kinda stinks cause I dont have anyone to share my love for Disney at at school. Another great reason for this site!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie_Mouse007 View Post
    Me too! I love it when I stay home sick and I get to see Tale Spin, Goof Troop, and Chip N Dale: Rescue Rangers! I loved those shows! Thanks guys for posting here. It shows me I'm not the only teen in the world that loves Disney.
    Ditto!

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    Its true that you seem to appreciate Disney more as you get older. I know many of my friends were wondering how i could love it so much, but as time passed they have followed me. I keep encountering people at school who secretly love disney but wont tell it out loud. When I say that im obsessed with disney they instantly will start going on about things they love about disney. I know just recently i started talking about something and this guy said he thought 10 was too many disney movies for a 21 year old guy. My response was that it just makes him cooler.
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

me2! I love those shows.

vmkplayer is offline <3 ragdollaye
    almost every girl at my school loves tinkerbell.. but i dont think they are really into disney... i already read some fantasy disney books and no one at ny school got what they were about.. i read the kingdom keepers
    peter and the star catchers and i still have to read peter and the shadow thievs
    Kingdom Keepers forever!!

I know. Almost every girl likes Tinkerbell(Not that there's anything wrong with Tink), but I haven't heard of any other girl who likes any other characters.
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!

I know. Almost every girl likes Tinkerbell(Not that there's anything wrong with Tink), but I haven't heard of any other girl who likes any other characters.
    I got a LOT of girls to like the CMs at the World Showcase....and they are definitely characters
    But yup, only tink.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

a lot of my friends like Ariel (including me)

nicks_ahoy is offline Jungle VIP
    My life as a Disney obsessed teen is pretty sweet. Some people think it's lame others think it's cool. I've only been to Disney twice but I hope to become an Imagineer. Me and my friends always have fun pointing out facts and learning new stuff about Disney, which is why I joined this site. Me and my friends are at our best Pirates and in our own words, "Shake and Bake!" "Kiosk!" "Shun the non-belivers!" and "Yoho Yoho We Are The Pirates!"

Now, does anyone wear anything, to show their Disney love, every day?
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast