Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The Teen Corner Cafe' Discuss which hotel??!! in the General Discussions forums; Next summer im going to disney (yay!!) and staying in one of their many hotels. My question is, what hotel would a 13 year old girl like the most? then ...
    vmkplayer is offline <3 ragdollaye

which hotel??!!

Next summer im going to disney (yay!!) and staying in one of their many hotels. My question is, what hotel would a 13 year old girl like the most?

then any attractions in the world that i have to see?
    Kingdom Keepers forever!!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Having just stayed at the Pop Century, I could certainly recommend that for a 13 yr old. Basically it really depends on how much time you intend to be at the resort compared to in the parks. The pool(s) at the Caribbean Beach, Pop Century and Wilderness Lodge are all fun. There are several activities for kids at the Animal Kingdom Lodge that don't involve water. Remember that no matter where you stay, you can always go visit other resorts for dining or shopping.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

PolynesianMedic is offline Don't do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a Paramedic
    This is a loaded question. First of all, what do you want to spend? What does the 13 y/o girl like? What do you like? How much time are you planning on spending at the resort? Which is more important, amenities or price?

Attractions, now this is a little easier. Here is my list of MUST see attractions listed by park.

Magic Kingdom
    • Jungle Cruise (do this at night, it is much better)
    • Tiki Room Under New Management (some people don't like this but I do)
    • Pirate's of the Caribbean
    • Splash Mountain (if you like flume rides)
    • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    • The Haunted Mansion
    • It's a Small World
    • Peter Pan
    • Mickey's Philharmagic
    • Space Mountain (if it's open)
    • Tomorrowland Transit Authority
    • Spectromagic
    • Wishes!
    Epcot
    • Spaceship Earth (do this later in the day, the line is shorter)
    • Ellen's Energy Adventure
    • Test Track
    • Mission Space
    • Soarin'
    • The Seas with Nemo and Friends
    • Journey into Imagination with Figmant
    • Innoventions (I like to go through here and see what is new)
    • Take your time going through each of the countries, there is a lot of great stuff to see
    • Illuminations
    Hollywood Studios
    • Tower of Terror
    • Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
    • Streetmosphere
    • Animation tour
    • One Man's Dream
    • Toy Story Mania
    • Lights, Motors, Action Stunt show
    • The Great Movie Ride
    • The Muppets 3-D Movie
    • Fantasmic (DO NOT MISS THIS)
    Animal Kingdom
    • It's Tough to be a Bug
    • Dinosaur
    • Expedition Everest
    • Kilimanjaro Safari
    • Maharaja Jungle Trek
    • The Lion King show
    • Finding Nemo show
    I think that about covers the majority of things. I am sure that some will have some additions or subtractions to this list. When you post the answers to the above questions about the resort, I will post where I think you should stay.
    My Blog
    My Photo's

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

[QUOTE=PolynesianMedic;689035]This is a loaded question. First of all, what do you want to spend? What does the 13 y/o girl like? What do you like? How much time are you planning on spending at the resort? Which is more important, amenities or price?

um i cant really answer the price questions cuz im not paying for it but like pools and water stuff i guess. probably going to spend from a week to 10 days. and the last one, ummm amenities.

PolynesianMedic is offline Don't do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a Paramedic
    The best pool on property is at the Yacht and Beach Club. It is a sand bottom pool, with a lazy river and great slide. It is almost a water park in itself. However, these resorts are Deluxe resorts. They are the most expensive per night, and have the most amenities. They are located within walking distance of Epcot, and Hollywood studios. Along this line, but over in the Magic Kingdom area, is my personal favorite, the Polynesian. Good pool, on the monorail line, lots of things to do, and a few great places to eat.

If money is an issue, then I really like either the Coronado Springs resort, or Port Orleans Riverside. These are moderate resorts, cost less, are a little further away from the parks, and have a little less in the way of amenities. I really like the Pepper Market as a place to eat at Coronado Springs.

I would personally say do not stay at the All-Star resorts because they are all lumped into one bus stop and it can take a REALLY long time to get back to your resort at night, when everyone else is trying to get back. I waited for 13 buses one night before I got on a standing room only bus and taken back to my resort like a sardine.

I hope this helps, and if you have any other questions, ask away.
    My Blog
    My Photo's

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

ash lvs disney is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have another attraction to add to PolynesianMedic's list, it is Kali river rapids in Animal Kindom. It is a water ride so prepare to get a little (or a lot) wet!

I am going to WDW in 8 days and i am staying at Port Orleans Riverside. It is quite quiet so probably more for adults although i am only 14 (i will be 15 when i get back though!). There are many small pools dotted around and also some bigger ones. But if your prefer a more lively atmosphere rather than a layed back one then i would recomend Pop Century. I also like Animal Kingdom Lodge (i stayed there couple of years ago) and also wilderness lodge(but i have never stayed there!

I hope this helps but the real decision will be based on the amount your parents are looking to pay because there are value resorts, moderate resorts and also resorts that are 5*!

thanks!!

ok i decided on Pop century. Im gonna look at the prices for the Caribbean Beach and the Wilderness Lodge.