Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Test Messages Forum Discuss Just a point in the Technical Support forums; Just a point of observation, but does DWT really need a testing thread? Or does it simply serve as an easy way to rack-up post counts? Most of what seems ...
    20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

Just a point

Just a point of observation, but does DWT really need a testing thread? Or does it simply serve as an easy way to rack-up post counts? Most of what seems to be tested could be tried and viewed using a preview before posting the actual thing. Just my opinion. What do you all think?

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

hillo is offline Walt Disney World here I come!!!.... again
    I think it really doesn't matter. Who really cares what your post count is? I celebrate when I hit a post count worthy of celebration, but no one says, (or I hope no one says) "She only has so many posts, so doesn't matter to this site."
    Last edited by hillo; 10-10-2005 at 07:33 PM.
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

I wasn't really meaning it to come across as a matter of boosting post counts...

- Walt Disney

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    Just another option for us all to either learn a trick a two from someone else while trouble shooting.. or a chance to be.. well.. ya know.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    For the most part I agree with you 20K. Most things can be viewed prior to posting using the preview button. Like the edit button, I don't suspect many users use the preview option. However, attachments cannot be viewed prior to posting which is why I don't like using them. I've never noticed anyone on DWT using the test forum to boost their post count. If you are truly interested in boosting your count, then just play the game threads regularly.

And regarding post counts...JMHO...
    Total post counts are irrelevant to me no matter the total. I don't see the point in celebrating the fact you have enough spare time to post on a message board. And let's face it, that is all it really means. My post count doesn't make me any more important than someone who just joined recently with only 100 posts.

And as far as people with low post count, I only become concerned when they post spam or inflammatory remarks because it says to me they are either someone else in disguise or someone not really interested in participating on DWT as a whole.
    Last edited by MandaBella; 10-10-2005 at 07:57 PM.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

disneyveteran is offline 24 trips to the World and counting
    I totally agree with you Amanda, I have a very low post count, but I've been a daily nonstop visitor since January. Sometimes I just like reading what's going on and then I post when something really gets me. It doesn't matter how many post counts you have, just that you are here for the same reason as everyone else.
    TINA

2009 April Boardwalk & Beach Club Villas
    2008 July Polynesian Conceierge
    2008 March Beach Club Villas
    2007 July Contemporary Concierge
    2007 April Grand Floridian Concierge/Beach Club Villas
    2006 July The Villas at the Wilderness Lodge
    2006 April Polynesian Concierge
    2005 Contemporary/Grand Floridian Concierge
    2004 Grand Floridian Concierge
    2003 Polynesian Concierge
    2002 Beach Club Villas
    2001 Polynesian
    2000 Polynesian

Thanks for the replies, I was just interesting what everyone else's take was on this. I don't personally believe that the test area should be removed, it was more to do with the nature of some of its contents.

And if we're going to be talking about post counts not mattering, well hey, look at me. I joined in June 2004 and I haven't even broken the 1k mark yet. No concern to me though.
    Last edited by 20K; 10-11-2005 at 11:37 AM.

- Walt Disney

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    One reason why I have used the testing thread is because the preview button freezes up my computer and I have to restart everything. Just thought you would be dying to know that... Anyway, sometimes, there may be a computer reason why to use that thread.

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Actually, I am glad you mentioned the preview and brought this up 20K, because using the preview to test has actually not occured to me!

Although I rarely use the test thread because I never could get a handle on those counters , a preview is logical. I doubt anyone is going thru the test thread just to read everyone's "tests".
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

buccool is offline See my avatar. You know you love him
    yeah i cant imangine someone saying to everyone haha im an d ticket holder haha
    Remember without Disneyland there would be no mr.toad FOREVER
    for belle and her fight

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    I have been on DWT since before it was open and i have yet to break 2000 posts.

Obviously I do not use the test forums for post count.

I do however use them more for testing my mod capabilities or other things. I often delete the things I test or edit to say "test" because I don't want the thing I'm testing to be here as well as in the thread I am posting. Maybe that is the "test" thread/posts you percieve as post count increasing posts?

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    I'd like to make a point too! (I just hate being left out). I've been here since the beginning of time and I have yet to break 2000 (in fact, I've yet to break 1500) so I think your point is silly. If I wanted to up my post count, I would do silly things.....
    They call me "Nana"

.....like......
    They call me "Nana"

....this!

Get the point?
    They call me "Nana"

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    yes

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast