Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Transportation Discuss Park-hopping question in the Vacation Planning forums; It's been awhile since I've been to any of the parks that aren't MK, and my brain is spazzing on me: Let's say you wanted to start off the day ...
    jadezuki is offline B-Ticket Holder

Park-hopping question

It's been awhile since I've been to any of the parks that aren't MK, and my brain is spazzing on me: Let's say you wanted to start off the day at DAK and then head over to EPCOT. Can you take a direct bus? Or if you actually got back in your car and drove over to EPCOT, would you have to pay for parking twice?

Thanks!

peterpanflight is offline Fastpass Holder
    no you can take the monorail to the ticket and transportation center and take another monorail to epcot
    shannon

Really? I didn't know monorails ran out to Animal Kingdom.

oh im sorry i thought you were saying MK...i apologize
    shannon

PinkTink918 is offline If I was goin' anywhere, I was run-ning!
    If you are not staying on property, and go to DAK in the morning, you will have to pay to park. If you then decide to go to to another park like Epcot, you'll have to pay to park at that park, should you drive there.

Ah, that's what I thought. But there are inter-park buses, right?

im not sure if there is a bus to epcot from AK...but what i usually do is take a resort bus that is close to the animal kingdom then once at the resort take the AK bus
    shannon

PinkTink918 is offline If I was goin' anywhere, I was run-ning!
    I'm pretty sure last year on my birthday, we had to take a bus from DAK to TTC and then the Monorail from TTC to MK. It could have changed, though.

Hmmmm. Okay, my next question is then: does anyone know how early the buses run? Because if I wanted to, say, park in EPCOT and then get a bus somehow over to DAK before the park opened, could I do that?

you can do TTC but sometimes it can be faster to do a resort bus..whatever you choose
    The buses run fairly early...some people have early breakfast reservations in the park so i know they run early..im not sure what time. Maybe 6am or so. I had a reservation at crystal palace in jan at 645 and took a 6am bus
    shannon

DisneyHottie is offline C-Ticket Holder
    There are buses from park to park. My family does it all the time. From allears.net "Non-Disney resort guests, or those staying off Disney property (with the exception of the above-mentioned passholders and program members) will be charged to park a vehicle at the four major theme parks. Guests need only pay for parking once per day and can move from park to park that day without paying again. Show the parking receipt received at the first park to the Cast Member at the next park's tollbooths to enter the parking lot without paying an additional charge." so basically ou have a park hopper for parking too.

As for the time of buses:
    "Park transportation begins approximately 1.0 hour prior to that park's opening time and all transportation runs until approximately 1 hour after the parks close (check with Lobby Concierge upon arrival for specific times). " again thanks allears.net
    Hopeful Fall '08 CPer!!
    In love with Cptn. Jack Sparrow

mmr42 is offline A-Ticket holder
    As far as I know you only have to pay for parking once a day. If you pay at any park and then go to another just show them your stub. We have done this last June.

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    There IS a bus between AK and Epcot. Same with AK and MGM. To get from AK to MK, you have to take the bus from AK to TTC, and then from there the monorail or ferry to MK itself.
    -- Eric