Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Transportation Discuss Travel to Universal. in the Vacation Planning forums; I wasn't sure if the best place for this would be here or 'Beyond the Parks', but the description does say 'transportation around Orlando' so it seems good enough to ...
    Bahimiron is offline A-Ticket holder

Travel to Universal.

I wasn't sure if the best place for this would be here or 'Beyond the Parks', but the description does say 'transportation around Orlando' so it seems good enough to me.

I will be going to the World in September and I won't be renting a car while I'm there. What is the easiest way to get from a Disney resort to the Universal parks for a single day of extra-Disney fun?

HomeofLove4Him is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Well, I know you said you're staying in a WDW resort, but my suggestion was going to be to find another resort (there are millions around) that provide transportation to both Disney *and* Universal? I wonder if any of the resorts on Hotel Plaza Dr would do this, since they are not technically on WDW property...but are about a stone's throw from DTD (all on the same road?)

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahimiron View Post
    I wasn't sure if the best place for this would be here or 'Beyond the Parks', but the description does say 'transportation around Orlando' so it seems good enough to me.

I will be going to the World in September and I won't be renting a car while I'm there. What is the easiest way to get from a Disney resort to the Universal parks for a single day of extra-Disney fun?
    If cost is an issue, you might consider Lynx, which is essentially Orlando's only public transportation. I've never ridden these buses, so I have no idea what kind of service they have or how much it costs. But they have a web site at http://www.golynx.com that includes a beta version of a trip planner. You can enter your start and end destinations and it will tell you which lines to take, and include a link to the schedule for each line. I ran a test case going between Downtown Disney and Universal Studios, and it came up with a route with one transfer. The route appears to be relatively direct.

There are a number of other stops on Disney property besides Downtown Disney, and there seem to be four Lynx lines that service Disney property, all coming together at a transfer center somewhere at Downtown Disney.

If money is less of a factor than time or comfort, I'd look into one of the many car and limo services that you can find in the area. I see vans from a company called Mears on Disney property all the time, they seem to be one of the biggest, but again I've never used them so I don't know their quality. Google is your friend here, just look for "orlando limo" or "orlando ground transportation". There will be very few, if any, results that don't serve both Disney and Universal.

Tony

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Where? Why?!

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    who would want to go to universal ?

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    Quote Originally Posted by bucknut20 View Post
    ...I KNOW! haha..

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

Thanks for being helpful.

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahimiron View Post
    Thanks for being helpful.
    I didn't mean to be smart by the comment i made,and if you thought that i apologize,but in my honest opinion if you had to choose between disney and universal disney wins hands down.

flutter is offline Moderator
    I'm not sure but I think there is a Mears bus you can arrange to have them pick you up. I have never been to Universal so I don't know for sure

I'm going to Disney for 14 days.

Disney only offers 10 day passes.

So the choice I have to make is 'Pay $100 for a single day at Disney when I've already got ten others' or 'Pay $80 and go to Universal, which I've never been to'.

And thank you, Flutter. It looks like Universal does run a shuttle through that will pick up at Disney resorts on request.

me
    Adrien

Your 14 year old disney expert!

If I go crazy, will you still call me superman?

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    What's Universal?
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Disney05 View Post
    What's Universal?
    very funny..

Adrien

Your 14 year old disney expert!

If I go crazy, will you still call me superman?

#1EeyoreFan is offline I love Eeyore! Disney Forever, and ever and ever etc.
    Everytime I go to Disney, we go over to Universal, we like that park also. We take Mears they will pick you up at your hotel and bring you back I think it might be $10.00 roundtrip or maybe $12.00. Not sure, go to Mears.com they have shuttle service they will take you there and Sea World too. You can ask when you check in for the phone number and you can call them the night before you want to go, they pick up starting from 7:30 am - 10:30 and start return rides at 4 pm on. We use them with no problems.
    DISNEY IS MY HAPPY PLACE THE ONLY TIME THAT I GET 2WKS OF HAPPINESS AND WORRY FREE TIME!!!!!! This time I will see it through the eyes of my baby girl born 2008.

Next Trip is December 2010

Can't wait!!!!!!

Jul- 85 - Poly- 1st Time ever Nov - 97 - Best Western
    Nov- 98- travel Lodge Nov- 99 - Music - Family Trip
    Oct- 00 - Music Nov- 01 - Movies
    Oct-02- Movies Dec- 03 - Movies
    Oct-04- Pop - Married Dec- 05- Pop
    Dec-06 - Pop Nov- 07- Pop