Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Transportation Discuss Disney Monorail Question in the Vacation Planning forums; Hey Andyxox, after my girlfriend and I checked out of our hotel [ French Quarter] on our last day there,we drove to Downtown Disney and parked [ for free ] ...
    andyznuff is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hey Andyxox, after my girlfriend and I checked out of our hotel [ French Quarter] on our last day there,we drove to Downtown Disney and parked [ for free ] with all of the other cars in the lot. We then got one of the Disney buses [for free ] to POP CENTURY for a quick look around becouse it is my favorite Disney resort. Then we got a bus from POP CENTURY to EPCOT [ AGAIN FREE ] and hopped on the monorail!! We went to the ttc and then took the ferry to the Magick kingdom -----my girlfriend was never on the ferry so I wanted to suprise her!. Then we got on the monorail again and took the 'hotel lake tour' as I call it. We stopped at the Contempoary and looked around, then the Polynesian, then the Grand Hoyty Toyty[ oops, I mean Grand Floridian] then back to the contemporary again for a bus back to Downtown Disney where our car was, ALL FOR FREE WITH NO HASSLES! I really recomend this for a 'travel around the worldfor free' short afternoon.But to keep it short:"park at Downtown Disney, hop a bus to the Contemp.,ride the monorail to wherever,come back to the contemp.and then a bus back to Downtown Disney.

sparky is offline Proud to be DWT's most inconsistent member!!!!
    I believe you can also park at Downtown Disney, for free, and take one of the Disney buses to a resort, (they are supposed to check for a ticket, but they hardly ever do) And from the resort in which you are dropped off at, you can then hop on a Monorail....I believe that this will work..may take some time, but you can avoid paying for parking, and also avoid making a reservation and then not going.
    I , , !!!

http://www.policeny.com/thehousethebronx1.html

HEY DEB!! I HATE THE RULES AND I AINT FOLLOWING THEM!!!!

http://www.forgotten-ny.com/NEIGHBOR...d/norwood.html

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by andyznuff View Post
    Hey Andyxox, after my girlfriend and I checked out of our hotel [ French Quarter] on our last day there,we drove to Downtown Disney and parked [ for free ] with all of the other cars in the lot. We then got one of the Disney buses [for free ] to POP CENTURY for a quick look around becouse it is my favorite Disney resort. Then we got a bus from POP CENTURY to EPCOT [ AGAIN FREE ] and hopped on the monorail!! We went to the ttc and then took the ferry to the Magick kingdom -----my girlfriend was never on the ferry so I wanted to suprise her!. Then we got on the monorail again and took the 'hotel lake tour' as I call it. We stopped at the Contempoary and looked around, then the Polynesian, then the Grand Hoyty Toyty[ oops, I mean Grand Floridian] then back to the contemporary again for a bus back to Downtown Disney where our car was, ALL FOR FREE WITH NO HASSLES! I really recomend this for a 'travel around the worldfor free' short afternoon.But to keep it short:"park at Downtown Disney, hop a bus to the Contemp.,ride the monorail to wherever,come back to the contemp.and then a bus back to Downtown Disney.

Since you were at a Disney resort and had a car, you had free parking up til midnight of your checkout day. So all you needed to do was drive to the TTC to start your adventure.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    Again, getting on my soapbox here. When you park at DtD with no intention of shopping there, you are taking a parking spot from someone who actually wants to shop or eat there.

Free parking is one of the perks of staying at a Disney Resort - which is what andyznuff was doing. When non-resort Guests start taking advantage of that perk, Disney starts looking for ways to stop it - like checking resort keys for all Guests boarding Disney Transportation at DtD. That would be a logistical nightmare for everyone.

WDW has already eliminated buses between the Parks and DtD and the TTC and resorts in an effort to curb the parking abuse.

Please, just plan a few extra dollars in your budget for parking or eating at a Disney resort.

Andyxox is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Well we fully intend on eating and chilling around DtD, regardless of getting on the monorail or not. You're saying we could park there, and get a bus to a resort or something and then get on the monorail there? Or have they already eliminated buses to and from DtD as someone already stated?

Buses still run between all WDW Resorts and DtD. Just not DtD and the Parks or the TTC.

Alright, thanks for the advice everyone, I think we'll eat and chill at DtD, then take a bus to Contemporary, then hop on the monorail there.

A few more questions 1. How late do the monorails operate and 2. How late do busses run to and from DtD?

The Resort Monorail will generally run for at least an hour after the MK closes so it depends on the night. The DtD buses will run on the Marketplace side until 11:30 or 12:00 as the Marketplace closes at 11:00. However, on the Pleasure Island side ot DtD, you can usually stll catch the "Drunk Bus" at 2:00 a.m.

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    yeah, usually the monorails/busses run one hour after closing of their parks/areas
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

Alright, thanks! I think I have this all planned out.

JQuatt21 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by GalPal View Post

Free parking and transportation is one reason I will never stay off resort.

After staying off site a few years (my parents own a timrshare) and forgetting where we parked our car at MGM, I say AMEN to that!!!
    Disney's Polynesian Resort - 1984, 1985, 1987, 1988, 1994
    Disney's Contemporary Resort - 1986, 1997
    Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - 1989, 1991, 1992
    Orange Lake Resort & CC (Off Property)- 2002, 2003, 2005
    Disney's Wilderness Lodge 2007
    Disney's POP Century Resort 2012
    Disney's Beach Club Villas 2012

Maestr034 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    You don't have to book a dinner at the resorts to park there. Go to the Polynesian and tell the Guard that you want to go have some drinks in the the lounge. There is no need for a reservation for that and then you can park there for free. That way you won't be using up a reservation and not actully going.
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    Married at The Disney Wedding Pavilon
    6-4-05

Quote Originally Posted by Maestr034 View Post
    You don't have to book a dinner at the resorts to park there. Go to the Polynesian and tell the Guard that you want to go have some drinks in the the lounge. There is no need for a reservation for that and then you can park there for free. That way you won't be using up a reservation and not actully going.
    Would they check at the gate for age?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12