Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Transportation Discuss Opinions on Magical Express please! in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by LisaAnn My family has actually never used ME because we usually fly into Tampa (loads cheaper than flying into Orlando, for anyone who wants to know, and ...
    CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaAnn View Post
    My family has actually never used ME because we usually fly into Tampa (loads cheaper than flying into Orlando, for anyone who wants to know, and its only about an hour, hour and a half drive)..But ive heard that its not worth it to use ME. Some people waited about 7 hours for their luggage to get up to their room! I just wouldnt be bothered...
    My family has actually never flown into Tampa because we use DME ... But I've heard that it's not worth it to fly into Tampa. Some people have reported waiting a long time for rental cars or having bad traffic tie ups due to accidents and construction. I just wouldn't be bothered...

Seven hour luggage delays are about as common as delays in getting a rental car and driving from Tampa ... I'm sure they BOTH happen on rare occasions, but those rare instances shouldn't stop people from trying either. I don't let 5 bad stories ruin the 5 million good ones. I've heard bad experiences from guests at each and every one of WDW's resorts, but that doesn't make me think that they're all not worth the bother.
    Last edited by CleveRocks; 09-26-2007 at 07:30 AM. Reason: stupid typos
    -- Eric

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Magical Express is so great! Just make sure you are paying attention and get in the right line for your resort on the ground floor of the airport. That is how the buses pick up. Also, make sure you don't misplace your coupon for your return trip. I forgot about it and had to search a ton of bags for it the morning we left. It is true, they pick you up really early for your return flight which is kind of a bummer but definitely worth not having to deal with returning a rental car or finding a cab.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

DisneyorBust is offline C-Ticket Holder

Smile

I realized that I never did give a report on our ME experience!
    We had a great experience, so great in fact that we will be using ME again in December!
    Our short August trip (only carry on luggage): we made our way to the ME desk, checked in lasted approx 10 minutes, made our way into the appropriate line, onto the ME bus and shortly we were on our way! The ME bus was comfortable and clean, we lucked out and our resort was the first stop.
    I expect that our December experience will be just as good!
    Off site January 2001
    Off site September 2002
    Polynesian December 2003
    Polynesian November 2004
    Polynesian December 2005
    Polynesian/Grand Floridian October 2006
    Poly December 2007
    CBR Sept 2008
    Poly 11/08 Anniversary trip
    Coronado Springs 3/09
    Poly 9/09
    Poly 2/10
    Poly 9/10

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Very good to know! I'm glad it was pleasant for you.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    WE really enjoyed using ME and plan to again. I don't think we waited at all for a bus and service to the resort was pretty fast.
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

CKrup is offline B-Ticket Holder
    We used ME in January 2008. It was very convienent. We landed at 11:15 am and arrived at the resort about an hour later. We plan to use it again.

capitalangel is offline A-Ticket holder
    DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!! DH and I used DME when we went in December. It was very quick and convenient. The staff was very friendly and the wait for the bus to leave wasn't bad. Our luggage arrived in our room while we were at the park. As for the way back, it left on time and got us to the airport with plenty of time. I was not at all worried about making the plane and the wait at the airport wasn't that long. Just so you know, if you have a later flight you can check your bagage at your resort and they will hold it while to spend the last bit of your vacation at the parks or whatever after checking out.
    I want to go back...and live in the world with the mouse

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    we just used ME this past december and loved every bit of it! Definitely worth it! We didn't have to wait at all for a bus when we landed in Orlando. On the trip back to the airport ME got us to the airport in just enough time to eat and get our luggage taken care of. We waited about 15 minutes after that and our plane was boarding. great experience!
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

I tried it for the first time a few weeks ago. But I only used it from the resort to the airport. I didn't have any problems. I still hate the fact that they pick you up that early because I never want to leave in the first place!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

DisneyorBust is offline C-Ticket Holder

Cool

As a follow up to my original post, we used DME again in December 2007. It was great again, approx. 10 minutes in the DME check in line, we were almost immedialty seated on the DME bus and after a short wait, we were on our way to the POLY! We will use DME again in September 2008.
    Off site January 2001
    Off site September 2002
    Polynesian December 2003
    Polynesian November 2004
    Polynesian December 2005
    Polynesian/Grand Floridian October 2006
    Poly December 2007
    CBR Sept 2008
    Poly 11/08 Anniversary trip
    Coronado Springs 3/09
    Poly 9/09
    Poly 2/10
    Poly 9/10

JEANYLASER33 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    MIAMI,FL ARE PLANNING TO MOVE TO ORLANDO,FLORIDA
    Do you know the phone number for the DME? Please! Tell me the list of the airlines and hotels too!
    JEANY SANCHEZ

MAY 2009- POP CENTURY

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    All the information you need can be found here Disney's Magical Express

Magical Express is available from Orlando International Airport (MCO) to the Disney owned on-property resorts. That includes the 3 All-Stars Resorts, which you asked about in your other post.

You book through your travel agent, or the Disneyworld.com website, or by calling 407-WDisney. They will also be able to answer any questions you have.

Anybody can use DME from the airport to Walt Disney World resorts. It doesn't matter what airline you fly into Orlando on.

Resort Airline Check In, which allows you to check in for your flight at your resort, and then leave your bags for them to take to the airport for you, is a different service. This requires you to be flying one of the following airlines OUT of Orlando: AirTran, Alaska Airlines, American, Continental, Delta, JetBlue, Northwest, United (including TED) AND USAirways

If you are not flying on one of those airlines, you can still use DME to return to the airport. You will have to bring your own bags to the bus, and then bring them from the bus to your airline's check-in desk at the airport.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

JEANYLASER33 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    MIAMI,FL ARE PLANNING TO MOVE TO ORLANDO,FLORIDA
    Thanks for the info! Oh! Does DME is Free! Our Family is Flying in Delta! It is Delta one of the list for DME! And This phone for DME is 1-866-599-0951 It is correct! Please Help me!
    JEANY SANCHEZ

MAY 2009- POP CENTURY

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    ME for August Trip was very wonderful, perfect each way.

Thanksgiving trip, awful both directions.

Odds are it will be good for you too
    however be prepared that at times it could go wrong. Might be they were having
    difficulties with that particular route that holiday week that we had very poor service
    to and from the airport the Thanksgiving trip.

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    I am not sure I will ever use DME ever again. It took forever to get our luggage to our room. We landed about 12pm am EST and our luggage did not get to our room until I called the front desk three times. It finally arrived at 8pm. That was just silly! Yes it is great to not have to wait for your luggage, but I would much rather of waiting 30mins or even 45 to get my own luggage and be able to shower and have fresh clothes after traveling.
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast