Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Transportation Discuss Opinions on Magical Express please! in the Vacation Planning forums; Yeah, I'm on the fence too. In August we had Mega Luggage as I was moving my DS into the CP Program mid-trip. Like clockwork. Perfect. Thanksgiving we had only ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Cool

Yeah, I'm on the fence too. In August we had Mega Luggage as I was moving my DS into the CP Program mid-trip. Like clockwork. Perfect.

Thanksgiving we had only 2 pieces and the luggage, was delivered to our
    Room at 4 AM. Fortunately I had packed Jammie's and a change of clothes and toiletries in a carry on. We waited for a bus, then sat on a bus 30 minutes before it left the airport. Then visited multiple resorts. Hour and half later at hotel. Coming back bus was late, sitting far out at POR in lot with another bus. Then not enough seats so children had to lap sit.
    Just Horrible. Felt like cattle. Bus Driver Roped us in with his radio speaker wire so we couldn't disembark until he could stand by the door and collect his tips, which he actually announced he would appreciate. I tip and tip well
    however.....

I guess I was disappointed because I saw how good this service could be in August. Until ME I was a big fan of towncars delivering us. Pricey but so is our airfare out of O'Hare.

LordQx4 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I used DME on my last Trip. It was excellent! We waited less then 5 minutes (were the first in line) The bus showed up and 10 - 15 minutes later we were on our way. The bus driver from the Airport was great. He told everyone it would be about a 2 hour drive due to traffic issues, after hearing the sighs and groans, he admitted that he was joking and started a movie (Tarzan) and told us to sit back, relax, enjoy the trip and we would be in Disney World in about 30 minutes. He also gave us some info on the Disney World sign (as we passed through) and had everyone do a countdown from 10 as we approached.

At the hotel (POFQ) check in was quick, made reservations for dinner, and stopped by our room to drop off the little baggage we had and went to downtown disney. After dinner and a little shopping we went back to our room and our stuff was already there. We changed went swimming and ended our night.

THe ME from the hotel to the parks was great. The longest I had to wait for a bus was 15 minutes (and that was only once) and that was enough time to finish my coffee and snack. Most of the time, the bus was there within 5 minutes of me walking up to the bus stop.
    Disney Stock Holder, D23 Member, DVC Member, AP Holder

annie609 is offline A-Ticket holder
    We've used DME four times and I love it. Never had any problems and the wait has always been short. The first time we used it, we arrived at the hotel, had lunch at the food court, went to our room and our luggage was already there. Couldn't have been more than 30 minutes. That is probably unusual though. Don't know how long it took for the luggage to be delivered the other 3 times, since we went to the parks immediately. But it has always been there when we come back to the room in the evening.

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I've used DME twice and loved it both times. Everything was perfect.
    -- Eric

JEANYLASER33 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    MIAMI,FL ARE PLANNING TO MOVE TO ORLANDO,FLORIDA
    thanks for the info! Oh! Disney's Magical Express is Free or we have to pay? Please tell me
    JEANY SANCHEZ

MAY 2009- POP CENTURY

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    free
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

Can I call to the DME or I can do it in the internet!
    JEANY SANCHEZ

MAY 2009- POP CENTURY

Quote Originally Posted by JEANYLASER33 View Post
    Can I call to the DME or I can do it in the internet!
    How did you book your hotel stay? I ask this because DME is a function of resort reservations.

If you booked through a travel agent, ask the travel agent to make the DME reservations for you.

If you booked directly through Disney, you'll need to call ... I'm pretty sure the DME website is for travel agent use only.

If your trip is less than 60 days away, call DME directly at 866-599-0951. [DME's computer system only has access to a 60-day database, so if you call them for a trip that's 5 months away they won't even be able to access your resort reservation to add DME to it].

If your trip is 60 or more days away, call the regular Disney reservations number.

And as you've already learned, DME is free. It's free to anyone named on the reservation at a WDW owned-and-operated resort. That's all there is to it. It doesn't matter who you booked it through, or how many nights you're staying, or whether it's a package or room-only reservation.

Even though DME is free, however, it is NOT automatic. You must make the reservation. By contract with the Greater Orlando Airport Authority, Disney is not permitted to give DME rides to "walk ups."
    -- Eric

Quote Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
    How did you book your hotel stay? I ask this because DME is a function of resort reservations.

If you booked through a travel agent, ask the travel agent to make the DME reservations for you.

If you booked directly through Disney, you'll need to call ... I'm pretty sure the DME website is for travel agent use only.

If your trip is less than 60 days away, call DME directly at 866-599-0951. [DME's computer system only has access to a 60-day database, so if you call them for a trip that's 5 months away they won't even be able to access your resort reservation to add DME to it].

If your trip is 60 or more days away, call the regular Disney reservations number.

And as you've already learned, DME is free. It's free to anyone named on the reservation at a WDW owned-and-operated resort. That's all there is to it. It doesn't matter who you booked it through, or how many nights you're staying, or whether it's a package or room-only reservation.

Even though DME is free, however, it is NOT automatic. You must make the reservation. By contract with the Greater Orlando Airport Authority, Disney is not permitted to give DME rides to "walk ups."
    My Mom will talking to the Disney Reservation for the hotel and DME too! That's ok! she can talk to the Disney Reservation and 1-407-WDisney that's is ok too!
    JEANY SANCHEZ

MAY 2009- POP CENTURY

Love That Duck is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Cleve Rocks, our DWT DME Guru, are you out there??? I have DME questions!!!

I will definitely be using DME for my December 10-17, staying at CBR ( my fav), but ....

I will be flying Continental which is a participating airline. How does that work? What benefits do DME guests on participating airlines get that those on non-participating airlines don't?

Is it true that guests flying participating airlines get to check in for flights, get boarding passes, and check bags for the flight right at their resort on departure day? If yes, this means I can go to CBR DME desk, check in for flight, get boarding pass and drop bags in the morning, head off to the parks, then simply return to CBR, board DME to airport, go straight through security to my gate and pick up my bags in Austin? (This almost seems too good to be true.)

I was unaware that DME guests board buses according to resort. Uh oh, now I'm worried about getting in the wrong DME line for CBR? Is there someone there to direct DME guests, or signage, so guests board the proper buses?

I will arrive MCO Wednesday morning at 10:50 a.m. Is that a busy time for DME? I'll depart the following Wednesday but not sure whether I'll take the 2:50 p.m. or 5:55 p.m. flight (I'm thinking 5:55 p.m. if I have to board DME 4 hours early!)

Does a bus load of DME guests arriving at a resort all at once cause long delays at resort check-in?

Do airlines have issues with bags having the DME sticker tags on them? Airlines are so picky now, I am concerned they will remove the DME tags from my bags.

Once I learn more about the DME return procedure for participating airline guest from Resort to MCO, I'll know which return flight to select and I can book my flights!

Thanks so much!
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept. 3 - Sunrise WEDDING Vow Renewal then Drive to WDW
    Sept. 4-16, 2011 - WDW HONEYMOON:
    Sept 4-9 - Pop Century
    Sept. 10-16 - Caribbean Beach

Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder
    We just got back Fri and did DME and loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Love That Duck View Post
    Cleve Rocks, our DWT DME Guru, are you out there??? I have DME questions!!!

I will definitely be using DME for my December 10-17, staying at CBR ( my fav), but ....

I will be flying Continental which is a participating airline. How does that work? What benefits do DME guests on participating airlines get that those on non-participating airlines don't?

Is it true that guests flying participating airlines get to check in for flights, get boarding passes, and check bags for the flight right at their resort on departure day? If yes, this means I can go to CBR DME desk, check in for flight, get boarding pass and drop bags in the morning, head off to the parks, then simply return to CBR, board DME to airport, go straight through security to my gate and pick up my bags in Austin? (This almost seems too good to be true.)
    You have it right.

When people arrive at Orlando Int'l Airport (MCO), everyone on every airline is treated the same. Airline doesn't matter. Everyone gets the bus ride and the automatic baggage handling/delivery.

It is only on the way home that airline matters. People using participating airlines (such as Continental) can use a service called Resort Airline Check-in, which is, basically, curbside check-in inside your resort lobby (rather than at the curb at the airport). And just to clarify, what you will see in the lobby (or rather, inside the Custom House) at CBR is not a "DME desk" but a Resort Airline Check-in desk. They are separate services. The people manning the RAC desk are not Disney employees; they are employees of a subcontractor, BAGS Inc., and know nothing about DME buses and have no authority to tell you anything about DME buses or make any DME-related changes for you.

It IS appropriate to tip the RAC people, just like it's appropriate to tip the skycap at the airport curbside check-in.
    I was unaware that DME guests board buses according to resort. Uh oh, now I'm worried about getting in the wrong DME line for CBR? Is there someone there to direct DME guests, or signage, so guests board the proper buses?
    No worries.

When you arrive at MCO, you go to the Disney Welcome Center. Only one person from your party is supposed to get in line at that desk ... the rest can hang across the aisle in very comfy chairs. Once you are checked in, a CM shows your party which bus queue to get in (they are marked by signs, also). You truly have no worry abut boarding the wrong bus.
    [quote=Love That Duck;660693]I will arrive MCO Wednesday morning at 10:50 a.m. Is that a busy time for DME? I'll depart the following Wednesday but not sure whether I'll take the 2:50 p.m. or 5:55 p.m. flight (I'm thinking 5:55 p.m. if I have to board DME 4 hours early!)I'm not sure if your arrival time is really busy or not. Pretty much doesn't matter, because when it's busy they have more staff on-duty to handle the flow.

On your last day, your DME pick-up will be scheduled about 3 hours in advance, not 4. If you are flying domestically, it's an approximately 2.75-to-3 hour pick-up window. Only interational flights (including Canada) get picked up 4 hours in advance.
    Does a bus load of DME guests arriving at a resort all at once cause long delays at resort check-in?
    Usually not. There are between 2 and 4 resorts on each bus. SO not everyone on your bus will be getting off at CBR. Plus, they specifically DO NOT wait for the bus to fill up ... per DME policy, the us is supposed to leave the airport within 15-20 minutes of the first guest boarding the bus. The last time I rode DME, there were only 12 of us on the bus.

If it makes you feel better, try to sit near the front of the bus. This way, you will be one of the first off at your resort and can try to get inside the Custom House and in line before the others.
    Do airlines have issues with bags having the DME sticker tags on them? Airlines are so picky now, I am concerned they will remove the DME tags from my bags.
    Haven't heard of any widespread issues.
    Once I learn more about the DME
    Thanks so much!
    My pleasure. Don't hesitate to ask more questions.

ENJOY YOUR TRIP!
    -- Eric

Thanks CleveRocks!

You addressed each question and went a bit beyond. Had you not mentioned that the difference DME Desk and BAGS, Inc. I would have taken my bags to DME desk on day of departure. I'll be sure to look for BAGS, Inc. It does seem too good to be true, all of this for no charge!

Question: I read on JetBlue website that JetBlue customers can pay for flight check-in with BAGS, Inc. at all WDW resorts. Do you know if I have to pay for this service, or do DME guests receive this service for no charge? Not sure I want to pay $20 or $25 for flight check in but it would be a handy feature to get maximum Disney fun on my last day. If I take the 6 p.m. flight I don't have to leave until 3 p.m.!

Wow, I am very excited about using DME now. I had no clue how easy DME was. I'll be traveling solo so DME will be a breeze! I'll get off my plane, head straight to DME and off to CBR I go I tend to take life as it comes so no worries for me about getting to the resort "as fast as I can". I'll just enjoy starting vacation heading off to CBR on a bus with other Disney fans. Kind of like heading off from a resort to the parks!

Good point about not everyone on the bus getting off at CBR. LOL, I must have been imagining that everyone likes CBR as much as I do. (I've stayed at CBR 10 times and I get so excited for every return trip. Each trip to CBR becomes more and more like home.)

I plan to carry on my Mickey tote so I can enjoy my day and evening without thoughts of when my bags might delivered to my room.

I appreciate your explaining how DME works at the airport on arrival day. I was picturing myself heading off to The Poly when I needed to be at CBR.

Oh, one more question. Can my Disney TA book DME as soon as I buy my flights and get her the info? Or, do I have to wait until I'm only 3-4 months out from travel dates?

Again, thanks for sharing your knowledge of DME. I'll definitely post any questions.

Oh, dear, I still have to wait 7 months for MouseFest
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept 4-9 - Pop Century

A few clarifications ...
    I would have taken my bags to DME desk on day of departure. I'll be sure to look for BAGS, Inc.
    At CBR, you'll be looking for the Resort Airline Check-in desk. You'll never see the words "BAGS Inc." anywhere.
    Question: I read on JetBlue website that JetBlue customers can pay for flight check-in with BAGS, Inc. at all WDW resorts. Do you know if I have to pay for this service, or do DME guests receive this service for no charge? Not sure I want to pay $20 or $25 for flight check in but it would be a handy feature to get maximum Disney fun on my last day. If I take the 6 p.m. flight I don't have to leave until 3 p.m.!
    There is no fee for using Resort Airline Check-in. Not sure what you read, but there is simply no fee for this ... never was.
    Oh, one more question. Can my Disney TA book DME as soon as I buy my flights and get her the info? Or, do I have to wait until I'm only 3-4 months out from travel dates?
    Yes, you can book DME as soon as you book your flights. Actually, you can make DME resevations even before you purchase your flights. In that case, you'd just call them later with your flight info.
    Again, thanks for sharing your knowledge of DME.
    My pleasure!
    -- Eric

Cleve Rocks,

I read about BAGS, Inc. fees on JetBlue's site, not on DME or Disney site.

Here is what is listed on JetBlue's website regarding Remote Check-in:

"Remote Check-in:
    JetBlue has paired with a dedicated airline service company called BAGS, Inc. to offer our customers the service at hotels, convention centers, on-airport and off-airport parking areas, rental car areas, and onboard cruise ships in a growing number of cities.
    To use Remote Check-in, simply visit a JetBlue Remote Check-in property at least two to four hours before your flight (depending on the location). For prices ranging from $10 to $20 (also depending on location), you can check in for your flight and drop your baggage to be tagged and taken directly to the airport to be boarded on your flight. The BAGS representative will issue a boarding pass and bagtags, then collect your bags and deliver them to the airport. Itís quick, easy and secure.
    Click here to see a list of locations where JetBlue Remote Check-In is available."

It definitely says it's a paid fee and the list of locations lists all WDW Resorts. Thankfully, I'll be flying Continental, a DME participating airline, so I guess I won't be charged.

Thanks again!
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept 4-9 - Pop Century

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast