Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Transportation Discuss Opinions on Magical Express please! in the Vacation Planning forums; We have used it multiple times without issue. I would like to comment on few of the other posts. You can visit guest services at any Disney resort and they ...
    Jaaact is offline A-Ticket holder

Magical Express

We have used it multiple times without issue. I would like to comment on few of the other posts. You can visit guest services at any Disney resort and they will gladly print Southwest boarding passes for you with no issue. They just don't advertise it.
    I also agree that the one downfall on the return trip is quite often you end up at the airport quite early. Guess it's better than missing your flight? We are considering using a limo service for the return to the airport in order to maximize our park time. Just a thought.

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Thanks for posting that ... very interesting. But rest assured it has NOTHING to do with WDW resorts. Well, I mean that no WDW resort guest who is eligible to use RAC pays any fee for it. Disney contracts with BAGS Inc. directly.

Individual Disney guests are never charged by BAGS Inc.
    -- Eric

Love That Duck is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Thanks Jaaact and CleveRocks!

My flights are booked! I checked Continental (again) about 4:30 p.m. yesterday. Certain flights were discounted lower than I've seen in about a year. The early flight I always take to MCO was discounted. The 3 and 6 p.m. flights were not. However, the 11:55 a.m. that I'd been pondering for a while WAS so I booked my flights! I arrive at MCO 10:48 a.m. on Dec. 10 and depart MCO at 11:55 a.m. on Dec. 17. I'm thrilled that the reduced fare made my decision for me. By Day 8 away from home, even at Disney, it's nice to get up, have breakast, and get home.

Jaaact, I too have been contemplating giving Gregory (Quicksilver) a call for the return only. The extra hour wouldn't give me any park time but it would give me a final TS breakfast. I've used Quicksilver every trip to WDW for years and I just love them.

If BAGS, INC. has nothing to do with DME, does that mean non-DME resort guests can use BAGS flight and bag check-in without charge as long as their airline participates in BAGS, INC.? That would be great for resort guests who choose to use town car services.

Well, my package is booked and my flights are booked. I'm ready for MouseFest.

Thanks again for answering my MANY DME questions. I'm looking forward to using DME!
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept. 3 - Sunrise WEDDING Vow Renewal then Drive to WDW
    Sept. 4-16, 2011 - WDW HONEYMOON:
    Sept 4-9 - Pop Century
    Sept. 10-16 - Caribbean Beach

Quote Originally Posted by Love That Duck View Post
    If BAGS, INC. has nothing to do with DME, does that mean non-DME resort guests can use BAGS flight and bag check-in without charge as long as their airline participates in BAGS, INC.? That would be great for resort guests who choose to use town car services.
    Yes, as long as you are a registered guest at the resort, you can use RAC on your check-out day. How you get your body back to the airport doesn't matter.

Also, you don't make a reservation to use RAC ... you just get in line.
    -- Eric

Will-C 71 is offline A-Ticket holder
    We use ME every trip and have never had a problem. Just sit back enjoy the movies/shorts and relax they will take care of you.
    Disney World trips 8
    Disney Cruise 2
    Disneyland 1

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I do like to do Magical Express. I love the fact someone else looks out for my luggage and I don't have to mess with that. We didn't have any problem any time that we used it.

Serkazong is offline Keep to the code.
    Started using it in '06 and have never had anything but perfect results. I would be very dissapointed if it was discontinued.

minniesmh is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I agree with the service. My DH, DD, MIL, FIL, and I used it in Dec and it was so easy. We decided not to put the tags on our bags and took them with us to the bus. This way, we could sleep a bit and use the pool on the first day (our flight was at 6:30am, so we got to the airport at 4:30am) so having our luggage was something we really wanted to have first thing. I also like to unpack everything before going out to the parks.
    minniesmh

First Timer is offline I saw the Mouse now I want to go back!
    I just took the DME on my May trip to the world they were awesome. The ppl at the desk to check in were extra sweet to my two year old niece and we only wait about 10 mins till the bus left. We were the first stop which was pop so that was great too. I think you will be very happy with the service! Please let us know how things were for you after you return!

also have a great trip1
    Loni

First Trip- Jan. 07, POFQ
    Second Trip- May 08, Pop Century

Disneyson is offline A-Ticket holder
    I LOVE DME, but the only thing bad about it is the on-board films. They're really good until you realize how old they are. It's a little cringe-inducing to hear "Coming next summer- Expedition Everest!"

Love That Duck is offline D-Ticket Holder
    What happens if a DME guest's luggage arrives at their resort before the guest has checked in?

I renewed my AP that expired on May 25 and booked a room only AAA rate with DME for Labor Day weekend. IF AP rates are released and applied to my travel dates I will have to take DME bus to CBR and catch a CBR bus to EPCOT, Studios, or DTD Guest Services to activate my renewal voucher before I can check in at CBR and get the AP rate.

Do you think all will be well if DME delivered my luggage to CBR in that short period of time before I've checked in?

Thanks again!
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept. 3 - Sunrise WEDDING Vow Renewal then Drive to WDW
    Sept. 4-16, 2011 - WDW HONEYMOON:
    Sept 4-9 - Pop Century
    Sept. 10-16 - Caribbean Beach

jaymie is offline You can fly!
    How long does it normally take to get to the resort? Do they have separate buses for each resort?
    - Jaymie

I do believe in fairies, I do, I do!

Quote Originally Posted by Love That Duck View Post
    What happens if a DME guest's luggage arrives at their resort before the guest has checked in?

I renewed my AP that expired on May 25 and booked a room only AAA rate with DME for Labor Day weekend. IF AP rates are released and applied to my travel dates I will have to take DME bus to CBR and catch a CBR bus to EPCOT, Studios, or DTD Guest Services to activate my renewal voucher before I can check in at CBR and get the AP rate.

Do you think all will be well if DME delivered my luggage to CBR in that short period of time before I've checked in?

Thanks again!
    No problem at all. Bell Services will just store the bags for you. Since you haven't checked-in yet, the computer can't tell them which room to bring the bags to, so they'll just hold onto them.

No problem whatsoever.
    -- Eric

Quote Originally Posted by jaymie View Post
    How long does it normally take to get to the resort? Do they have separate buses for each resort?
    The average reported time is 70 minutes from walking off the airplane to being dropped off at your resort.

DME is a shared ride. There will be guests from up to 4 resorts on each bus. There are no pre-set groupings of resorts and no pre-set order of drop-offs. It's all done on an as-needed basis for maximum efficiency.
    -- Eric

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder
    In "04 the cast member didn't even ask for my AP which I hadn't activated yet. Mousesavers and other sites say they will accept the hard plastic voucher from the disney stores as evidence that you have an AP. I would ask before you spent all that time going to a park or DTD. I can't believe we leave in less than 3 days for a week at POFQ.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast