Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Transportation Discuss Opinions on Magical Express please! in the Vacation Planning forums; We are going to give Disney's Magical Express a try this year. Could I have your opinions good or bad concerning your experience using ME? Also, any tips in utilizing ...
    DisneyorBust is offline C-Ticket Holder

Smile Opinions on Magical Express please!

We are going to give Disney's Magical Express a try this year.
    Could I have your opinions good or bad concerning your experience using ME?
    Also, any tips in utilizing this service? Short trip...no checked luggage and we are staying at the POLY!
    Off site January 2001
    Off site September 2002
    Polynesian December 2003
    Polynesian November 2004
    Polynesian December 2005
    Polynesian/Grand Floridian October 2006
    Poly December 2007
    CBR Sept 2008
    Poly 11/08 Anniversary trip
    Coronado Springs 3/09
    Poly 9/09
    Poly 2/10
    Poly 9/10

2tinners is offline Mike Wazowski
    We used Magical Express for our second Honeymoon trip to the Grand Floridian. It was sweet. They take your luggage right to your room. Now mind you it may take up to three hours to get it but well worth the wait. Just carry a small carry-on with youfor small amenities. I say DO IT!!!!!
    Love Disney. I hope to go next spring with the whole family.

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    With no checked luggage you should be fine. If you did have luggage, I would suggest you don't put the tags on them, and pick them up at the baggage claim then bring them on the bus with you.

What time is your flight? As long as you arrive during busy hours, you should be able to hop a bus very quickly.
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Forget what skiyalater said (no offense). Check ALL your bags except for the bare necessities (the simple bare necessities), grab Magical Express, check in at the hotel and hit the parks. At the end of the day your bags will be in your room waiting for you.
    They call me "Nana"

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    but they aren't bringing any bags anyway....
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    DME is great. I was one of the very first people to use it in early May 2005, and I used it again this past November. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!

DME was supposed to end in the Fall of 2006. It was launched as part of the Happiest Celebration on Earth, and it was supposed to end with the end of the Happiest Celebration on Earth. However, in April of 2006 they announced it would remain in place (and still FREE) through at least the end of 2011. This means it's a VERY popular service!

On average, it's just as fast as a car service or rental car.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I have!
    -- Eric

DisneyorBust is offline C-Ticket Holder

Cool

Thanks for the replys and opinions everyone! We are going to give it a try and we'll let you know how our experience was.
    Off site January 2001
    Off site September 2002
    Polynesian December 2003
    Polynesian November 2004
    Polynesian December 2005
    Polynesian/Grand Floridian October 2006
    Poly December 2007
    CBR Sept 2008
    Poly 11/08 Anniversary trip
    Coronado Springs 3/09
    Poly 9/09
    Poly 2/10
    Poly 9/10

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    Going to the resort we had no trouble,we had a large group (14 people) so we had to wait for the next bus, but that didn't take very long. Going back to the airport however was a different story. The bus was suppose to pick us up at 5:00pm (our flight was leaving at 7:30)
    The bus didn't come until 6:10pm!
    No one came out to the waiting area to let us know what was going on, there were alot of other people waiting also. By the time we got to the airport, checked in (we flew Southwest so they didn't have us checke in at the resort) checked our luggage, went through security and got on the little monorail to the gate it was our boarding time.
    Remember the scene in Home Alone were Kevin's family is running through the airport to the plane - yeah that was us! 9 adults, 2 two year olds in strollers, 1four year old, 1ten year old, a six month old and a partridge in a pear tree!!!!
    We made it to the gate just as the plane was boarding and had to find seats where ever.
    When you are ready to go just check at the resort that the busses are on time.

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder
    We used ME in March for the first time. It was great, no wait at the airport; right on a bus that left less than 5 minutes later. I know we lucked out that a bus for POR and FQ was just waiting for us. We flew Southwest and with a 2pm flight and had no trouble getting our bus back to the airport. I loved not having to go to baggage claim. We just got on the bus and it whisked us off to POR. Checked in and headed to the magic kingdom. When we got back to our room 4 hours later the bags we already there. Have fun.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    With out a doubt one of the best Disney innovation ever! Especially if you are on a aprtner airline. No worries about baggage (unless it gets to your room late). Airlien check in at the resort for the trip home. Stand in line wait for your bus and the magic begins!
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Have used the Magical Express the last two times, and we love it. So far have never had a problem.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I love using DME. I check my luggage, making sure to use the tags provided and my bags were in my room by later that day.
    Only issue I ever had was coming back - they picked me up like 4 hours before my flight and I spent at least 2 just sitting around the airport when I could have been spending at least 1 more at a park!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

suznels is offline B-Ticket Holder
    What could be bad about a FREE ride?!!!!!!!!! So Convenient!
    Suzie

WoL Fan is offline A-Ticket holder
    I love it. I've used it twice now and have loved the convenience, theming and even the video both times.

This time it was great since we had early dinner reservations we were able to check in and head right to the park, knowing that our lugguage would be there when we got back.

We did have to wait a little longer this time than the last time - I think it's becuase of our arrival time. Last time we arrived before noon and had to wait a full 8 minutes for a bus. This time we arrived at about 2:30 and the line for every bus was quite long. I think we waited about 1/2 hr for our bus.

But considering that we didnt' have to get our luggage or rent a car or anything, we'll definately use it again.

The communication is great too, both in the package you get at home and the reminder left on your door the day before you leave. Just read it all.

LisaAnn is offline C-Ticket Holder
    My family has actually never used ME because we usually fly into Tampa (loads cheaper than flying into Orlando, for anyone who wants to know, and its only about an hour, hour and a half drive)..But ive heard that its not worth it to use ME. Some people waited about 7 hours for their luggage to get up to their room! I just wouldnt be bothered...
    ~Lisa~
    DCP Fall 2012: Strollers/Main Entrance Merchandise, Magic Kingdom
    Vacations to WDW: 20
    Vacations to DL: 2

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast