Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Transportation Discuss Transportation/from FW? in the Vacation Planning forums; Does anyone know of a list anywhere online that has the different possible ways of transportation from one place to another? We are camping at FW and are going to ...
    TreysMomma is offline B-Ticket Holder

Transportation/from FW?

Does anyone know of a list anywhere online that has the different possible ways of transportation from one place to another? We are camping at FW and are going to all the parks, and Downtown Disney, and the Boardwalk. TIA
    He LOVED the Mouse!!!

1995-Offsite ~ 1997-All Star Sports ~ 2004-Pop Century ~ 2007-Fort Wilderness
    2009 - Unknown

They will give you a transportation map when you check in, but you should check Deb's Unofficial Walt Disney World Vacation Information Guide - WDW Planning Guide - Walt Disney World under accomodations. Once you click on Fort Wilderness there should be information there about the different modes of transportation available, I know that most of the resorts on that site show it.

disneyveteran is offline 24 trips to the World and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by TreysMomma View Post
    Does anyone know of a list anywhere online that has the different possible ways of transportation from one place to another? We are camping at FW and are going to all the parks, and Downtown Disney, and the Boardwalk. TIA
    You can take the boat from FW to the MK. Otherwise, you have to take the bus for everywhere else.
    TINA

2009 April Boardwalk & Beach Club Villas
    2008 July Polynesian Conceierge
    2008 March Beach Club Villas
    2007 July Contemporary Concierge
    2007 April Grand Floridian Concierge/Beach Club Villas
    2006 July The Villas at the Wilderness Lodge
    2006 April Polynesian Concierge
    2005 Contemporary/Grand Floridian Concierge
    2004 Grand Floridian Concierge
    2003 Polynesian Concierge
    2002 Beach Club Villas
    2001 Polynesian
    2000 Polynesian

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I agree with disneyveteran. You don't need a fancy list. You can get from FW to Magic Kingdom and Wilderness Lodge by one boat, and from FW to to WL and Contemporary by another boat.

Other than that, everything is bus. There is a bus to MK, a bus to Epcot, a bus to MGM, a bus to AK, and a bus to Downtown Disney.

That's all, folks.
    -- Eric

brad9008 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I know you can take the boats to the magic kingdom or the buses to the ttc

Quote Originally Posted by brad9008 View Post
    I know you can take the boats to the magic kingdom or the buses to the ttc
    There are no buses from Fort Wilderness to the TTC. There were years ago, and there were temporarily for a few months in 2006 when there was some construction at the MK bus area.

But at the present time there's no such thing as any direct Disney Transport route between FW and TTC.
    -- Eric

brad9008 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    oh ok

MMills3874 is offline A-Ticket holder
    In regards to the boat transportation to MK from FW. Is this faster/easier than just driving to the tcc and catching the monorail. I'm planning to stay at FW, and will have a car.

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    Quote Originally Posted by MMills3874 View Post
    In regards to the boat transportation to MK from FW. Is this faster/easier than just driving to the tcc and catching the monorail. I'm planning to stay at FW, and will have a car.
    I cannot say for sure if the boat is faster than driving, but I would think so. We only used the boat while we were there since we didn't have a car and it was very easy, and nice way to relax. I would say the boat ride lasted about 15 minutes, not bad at all. Also, when we took the boat home at night we were lucky enough to catch the Electrical Water Pageant which was neat and worth the boat ride alone. I would recommend giving the boat a try, we liked it.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by MMills3874 View Post
    Don't forget that if you drive to the TTC, depending on your arrival time, you may first have to wait for a tram, then take a fairly long tram drive to the front of the TTC, and *then* get in line for either the monorail or ferry. That's a lot of waiting time that's avoided by taking just the one boat from your resort to the main gate of the Magic Kingdom.

cskiff7895 is offline Fastpass Holder
    also if you want to go to other parks the best bet would be to ride the boat from FW to MK then just go to the bus station there and fan out. Just remember that there are no buses from DD to any of the parks

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Actually, no. There are NO busses from the Magic Kingdom to any other park. You have to take the monorail or ferry back to the TTC and take the other monorail to Epcot, or a bus to DHS or Animal Kingdom.

If you're at Fort Wilderness and want to go to a park other than MK, your best bet is to just go to FW's bus stop for that park.

Quote Originally Posted by mritty View Post
    Actually, no. There are NO busses from the Magic Kingdom to any other park. You have to take the monorail or ferry back to the TTC and take the other monorail to Epcot, or a bus to DHS or Animal Kingdom.

If you're at Fort Wilderness and want to go to a park other than MK, your best bet is to just go to FW's bus stop for that park.
    EXACTLY!

No offense personally to the poster before you, but the information in that post is incorrect and bad information.
    -- Eric