Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Transportation Discuss Experiences with Booking Flights in the Vacation Planning forums; Hey all. I have decided to use MouseEarsVacations.com to help me book my next trip to WDW. However, the agent told me that they are contracted by Disney to only ...
    Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...

Experiences with Booking Flights

Hey all.
    I have decided to use MouseEarsVacations.com to help me book my next trip to WDW. However, the agent told me that they are contracted by Disney to only use their packaged flights, so basically he can't do searching around to find me the cheapest flight.

So I was wondering, what the rest of you do when booking a flight. Do you use sites like orbitz or expedia? Or should I book through the agent with the packaged flights? I hate making travel arrangements so any advice on where to go for flights would be greatly appreciated.

Do they only do the magical express where they pick you up and take your luggage if you book with DIsney?

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I usually book everything separately. The room only reservation with disney means I only have to pay for one night before we arrive. I buy one annual pass to get the pass holder discount and buy all the other tickets from AAA. I use alot of sites for airfare, but book through the airlines website to get the best price and no fee to orbitz or whoever. As long as you are staying in a disney owned resort you can use magical express. The biggest difference is if you fly with an airline that is not part of the program you have to take your luggage to baggage check in your self, you can not check them in at your resort. It was not a problem for us because we are used to using Mears because we don't get a rental. I have a game plan for planning the trip and it always works out. One thing I do is buy one park ticket a month so we don't get a huge bill all at once.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

flutter is offline Moderator
    I always book my own airfare, I usually fly Southwest and can get a good price with a sale, I have also booked thru xpedia when going someplace Southwest doesn't fly. I also book seperately usually so I only have to pay for one nights room unless I get a good deal with a package

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    Normally I book my airfare directly through NWA or through Expedia. I find expedia does a great job with low airfare. But when I was rebooking my Disney Honeymoon I found the price through Disney's website and the price for expedia was only 5 dollars difference and the Disney website was able to get me a direct flight to MCO.. That was a good thing. I am not a fan of layovers.

But you can get the Disney magical Express whether you book through Disney or not. So say you went the route of expedia, all you would have to do is call Disney and tell them your flight number, arrival date and time and departure date and time and they will set you up with the magical express.
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

Quote Originally Posted by ChipNDale View Post

But you can get the Disney magical Express whether you book through Disney or not. So say you went the route of expedia, all you would have to do is call Disney and tell them your flight number, arrival date and time and departure date and time and they will set you up with the magical express.
    Ok I see - so once I get my flight, I bet my travel agent would call Disney and get that all set up for me.
    He told me that he was limited as far as flights go and always tells his clients to search other sites to get the best possible price. I am just awful at all this stuff.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Quote Originally Posted by Shere_Khan View Post
    Ok I see - so once I get my flight, I bet my travel agent would call Disney and get that all set up for me.
    He told me that he was limited as far as flights go and always tells his clients to search other sites to get the best possible price. I am just awful at all this stuff.

What I would do is see what the best price is your travel agent can get you on a flight, and then compare it to expedia, travelocity, cheaptickets, orbitz, jetblue (if they service your state) priceline, northwest airlines, southwest and possibly airtran and what ever choice comes up with the time you would like to leave, on the date that you want and is within your price range.. Go for it.. I researched all the sites above before I decided to go with Disney. I have never booked a flight through Disney before so I am hoping it all works out.. And of course I booked leaving out of Minneapolis so I am hoping they have some good detours set up for the bridge that is now gone.
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.

Thanks for the great advice!
    I hope it all goes well for you too!

Quote Originally Posted by Shere_Khan View Post
    Thanks for the great advice!
    I hope it all goes well for you too!

Thanks.. And if you know of any great jobs in Northern MI let me know. LOL I am starting to look in that area.
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.

I won't be booking for a while, I dont think you can even book for 2008 yet, but I was looking on a few sites that you mentioned just now, and putting in fake dates just to see about how much they are, and expedia seemed to be the best so far. There were some like 160 roundtrip. I was totally expecting over 200, (doesn't mean it won't change by the time I go, but it gave me hope!)

What kind of work are you looking for?? Are you moving here? Around where?

Quote Originally Posted by ChipNDale View Post
    Thanks.. And if you know of any great jobs in Northern MI let me know. LOL I am starting to look in that area.
    Psst Stac.....that isn't considered "Northern Michigan" I'll take you to "Northern Michigan" once you get here!

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98 View Post
    Psst Stac.....that isn't considered "Northern Michigan" I'll take you to "Northern Michigan" once you get here!

Uh oh... Is there any running water in Northern MI? hehehe Cable? Internet? lol PHONE LINES?!?!?! hehehe
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.