Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
Transportation Discuss Resort Monorail in the Vacation Planning forums; Wow... I should know this answer... I'm almost ashamed that I'm asking it... If you aren't staying at a resort that makes monorail stops, you can still take the monorail ...
  1. #1
    BamaJenn's Avatar
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    The Idea Bag
    Posts
    8,572

    Unhappy Resort Monorail

    Wow... I should know this answer... I'm almost ashamed that I'm asking it...

    If you aren't staying at a resort that makes monorail stops, you can still take the monorail to/from it right? Like... if I wanted to go to Chef Mickeys, I can take the resort monorail from MK to the Contemporary right?
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

  2. #2
    GIOny's Avatar
    GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    ny
    Posts
    6,885
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!















  3. #3
    princessariel's Avatar
    princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Suburbia Houston
    Posts
    1,138
    yup
    Summer '83-Off Site

    Dec '95- Shades Of Green

    March '03-All Star Movies

    March '06-All Star Movies

    October '07-POFQ

    March '10-POFQ

    March '13 POFQ

    June '14 POFQ

    Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!


  4. #4
    ohiodisneydad's Avatar
    ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Middletown, OH
    Posts
    1,453
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Wow... I should know this answer... I'm almost ashamed that I'm asking it...

    If you aren't staying at a resort that makes monorail stops, you can still take the monorail to/from it right? Like... if I wanted to go to Chef Mickeys, I can take the resort monorail from MK to the Contemporary right?
    I'm glad you asked it Jenn. I was wondering this myself. When we go we plan on dining at Chef Mickey's for breakfast one morning but we will be staying off property. So we will have to pay to park, jump on the monorail to the Contemporary and then jump back on to go to the park. I don't want to run the risk of parking at the Contemporary and heading on to the parks. I know I would get towed.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort





  5. #5
    Cinderella2's Avatar
    Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,511
    We stayed at the Downtown Disney hotels one year. They had their own buses but it was easier to walk to the Marketplace and get on the bus going to the Contemporary when we had dinner there. You might consider that- unless you are dying to ride the mnorail. I think you can park Downtown for free. The buses to and from Downtown run pretty late. Then take the monorail from the Contemporary into the park and then the bus to Downtown from the park to pick up your car. That is kind of a lot of transportation changes though.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

  6. #6
    ohiodisneydad's Avatar
    ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Middletown, OH
    Posts
    1,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella2 View Post
    We stayed at the Downtown Disney hotels one year. They had their own buses but it was easier to walk to the Marketplace and get on the bus going to the Contemporary when we had dinner there. You might consider that- unless you are dying to ride the mnorail. I think you can park Downtown for free. The buses to and from Downtown run pretty late. Then take the monorail from the Contemporary into the park and then the bus to Downtown from the park to pick up your car. That is kind of a lot of transportation changes though.
    Thats not a bad idea either. Do buses run from DD to all the Disney Parks? How about leaving the parks? Are there buses running from the Contemporary back to DD after closing?
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort





  7. #7
    Cinderella2's Avatar
    Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,511
    I'm pretty sure they only run to the hotels from DD. There may be one that goes to the Ticket and Transporation Center, but that would be the only one probably. You can normally get a bus from a hotel to DD until 2:00 am or so. The transportation out of the parks usually runs up to an hour after closing. I have been rescued after that though by friendly neighborhood security people watching out for people like me who wish to lolly gag on the way out because I don't want to leave.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

  8. #8
    ohiodisneydad's Avatar
    ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Middletown, OH
    Posts
    1,453
    So it may be possible to take a bus from DD to the transportation hub and then on to MK or Epcot via the monorail? And then vice versa? I always worried about getting stuck in the park after close. Now I kind of hope I can get stuck. Maybe it would be like Kingdom Keepers!
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort





  9. #9
    Cinderella2's Avatar
    Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,511
    Wouldn't that be cool! I'd be very scared of those darn pirates though. I'm not very good about running and hiding.
    I am fairly sure you can go to the TTC, but we need to get an expert to weigh in. Pat? Where are you? She'll know. Brian might know too.
    Don't ever worry about getting stuck at the park. They will find you...
    Dreams Really Do Come True

  10. #10
    disneydame2004's Avatar
    disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    5,677
    Thanks for the vote of confidence, Cindy!

    Actually, I'm not 100% sure on this but I believe they don't have a bus between ticket & transportation center and Downtown Disney. They definitely don't have them between the other parks to DTD. Problem had been people were abusing the free parking at DTD and taking buses to the parks. So the solution was to only run the buses between DTD and the resorts.

    Now, you *could* take the DTD bus back to the Poly, and then make the short walk from there to the TTC, but remember, there will be no trams at 2 a.m. unless MK is open extra late. You could have quite a hike back to your car, and you'll probably get acquainted with Disney security as well.

    Other problem I see with the idea of taking a bus from DTD in the morning to the Contemporary is that DTD shops don't open until 10 or 11 a.m., so buses are probably not running there very early. There may not be one that got you to your breakfast in time. Your original plan of parking at TTC and taking the monorail to the Contemporary is probably best. You can park at the Contemporary and then move the car to TTC after breakfast, if needed.

    They are very good about making sure no one is stuck at a park after the regular transportation ends, so while you shouldn't try to test that out on purpose, you really don't need to worry about it.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator




    Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

  11. #11
    Cinderella2's Avatar
    Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,511
    See, she rocks.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

  12. #12
    ohiodisneydad's Avatar
    ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Middletown, OH
    Posts
    1,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella2 View Post
    They will find you...
    Why did that give me the chills......
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort





  13. #13
    ohiodisneydad's Avatar
    ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Middletown, OH
    Posts
    1,453
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004 View Post
    Thanks for the vote of confidence, Cindy!

    Actually, I'm not 100% sure on this but I believe they don't have a bus between ticket & transportation center and Downtown Disney. They definitely don't have them between the other parks to DTD. Problem had been people were abusing the free parking at DTD and taking buses to the parks. So the solution was to only run the buses between DTD and the resorts.

    Now, you *could* take the DTD bus back to the Poly, and then make the short walk from there to the TTC, but remember, there will be no trams at 2 a.m. unless MK is open extra late. You could have quite a hike back to your car, and you'll probably get acquainted with Disney security as well.

    Other problem I see with the idea of taking a bus from DTD in the morning to the Contemporary is that DTD shops don't open until 10 or 11 a.m., so buses are probably not running there very early. There may not be one that got you to your breakfast in time. Your original plan of parking at TTC and taking the monorail to the Contemporary is probably best. You can park at the Contemporary and then move the car to TTC after breakfast, if needed.

    They are very good about making sure no one is stuck at a park after the regular transportation ends, so while you shouldn't try to test that out on purpose, you really don't need to worry about it.
    Figured I'd hit a snag in the plan. Maybe we will hit Chef Mickey's on the day we go to Disney Studios. Moving the car from the Contemporary to the TTC just to ride the monorail back through the Contemporary sounds like a head ache with three kids and a wife with chronic pain. I'd rather eat and then drive to AK or the Studios.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort





  14. #14
    CleveRocks's Avatar
    CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    downbeach from Atlantic City, NJ
    Posts
    269
    There's absolutely definitely no bus from DTD to the TTC. The only Disney Transport buses to/from DTD are buses that are to/from WDW resorts.

    In fact, if you are at TTC, the only Disney Transport buses you can get are a bus to AK and a bus to MGM.
    -- Eric

  15. #15
    tiggerguy's Avatar
    tiggerguy is online now one of the good guys
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    amongst the loonies
    Posts
    18,001
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    Thats not a bad idea either. Do buses run from DD to all the Disney Parks? How about leaving the parks? Are there buses running from the Contemporary back to DD after closing?
    The buses do NOT run to parks from Downtown Disney to the parks. It is frowned upon by parking there to get to the parks.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •