Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Transportation Discuss Driving to Disney from South Florida in the Vacation Planning forums; I could use some help from some Floridians, or someone who has driven north to get to WDW. I'm going to be coming up from Boca Raton to Animal Kingdom ...
    disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!

Driving to Disney from South Florida

I could use some help from some Floridians, or someone who has driven north to get to WDW.

I'm going to be coming up from Boca Raton to Animal Kingdom Lodge about 10 days from now. Mapquest and AAA send me north on Florida's Turnpike to Osceola Parkway.

My questions are:
    1) Both roads are toll roads. Does anybody know how many tolls and how much they are?? Any gotchas like "exact change only"?
    2) AAA says there may be construction along Florida's Turnpike. Anybody have recent information about it and if I may run into delays? I will be driving mid-day.

Thanks in advance!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

mad hatter 13 is offline A-Ticket holder
    hey disney dame....i drive up from boca all the time....im actually going up this week for a nite.....the way that i usually go is from glades rd i take the turnpike north. you get a ticket at around mile 84 i think. after that you have a toll plaza at mile 236. the toll there is 13.70. from there you go to exit 249 which is the osceola parkway. they have one toll there that is 1.50. i believe both of these are cheaper if you have a sunpass (which i dont and kick myself for everytime i drive up there). from the osceola parkway its a straight shot to disney (about 10 miles). the trip one way works out to be just around 200 miles. as for the construction on the turnpike, they are usually doing work close to us down here. its usually right around the toll where you get your ticket. theres also a couple of places where the lanes shift back and forth a bit. we usually dont get slowed down by the construction because its all in the center of the highway. hope this helps you out! enjoy your trip! if you have any other questions or anything youd like to know pm me.

oh ya....the turnpike is well worth the money. the drive up 95 take soooooooo much longer!

brad9008 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    ha im origninally from palm beach gardens, florida so i use to go alot to disney on the turnpike

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    I have no advice to give since I live in VA but I hope you have a nice trip!

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Thanks so much!
    mad hatter 13, that is very helpful! Enjoy your trip, too!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

mousehouseguy is offline A-Ticket holder
    I wish I knew......I just have a sunpass and go through and do not stop!
    Just squeeking along

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Osceola PKWY is sooooooo much better than taking 192. It's well worth paying the tolls because it takes you right into Disney property without all the traffic of Irlo Bronson Hwy.