Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Transportation Discuss Disney onsite car rental in the Vacation Planning forums; When we went to WDW in Jan I saw a onsite car rental agency but don't remember the name of it. Does anyone know it?/ Also going to do 2 ...
    Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder

Disney onsite car rental

When we went to WDW in Jan I saw a onsite car rental agency but don't remember the name of it. Does anyone know it?/ Also going to do 2 days in Universal this time while staying on property @ Saratoga. Has anyone ever tried just renting a car from there for 2 days and went somewhere else?? I'm doing the magical express deal and see no reason to pay 150.00 week for a car I need only 2 days.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    According to AllEarsNet:
    At Walt Disney World you will find 2 locations for National/Alamo - one at the Car Care Center near the Magic Kingdom. The other off the main lobby in the Dolphin hotel.

I believe there is also another agency in one of the hotels next to Downtown Disney.

I've never tried any of them, though, sorry.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    I'd say get a car because the busses at SS are somewhat unreliable (i.e. getting to the park 2hrs after you initially arrived at the bus stop)
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by skiyalater View Post
    I'd say get a car because the busses at SS are somewhat unreliable (i.e. getting to the park 2hrs after you initially arrived at the bus stop)
    You're kidding right??? What about walking over to DD and catching one from there??

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    I have heard similar horror stories about the busses at Saratoga Springs. As for DD, the Downtown Disney busses don't start running until early afternoon, iirc. More importantly, there is no park transportation from Downtown Disney. There was years ago, until Disney realized people were taking advantage of free parking at DD to get to the parks.

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmntrans View Post
    You're kidding right??? What about walking over to DD and catching one from there??
    You could do that, but busses don't usually run to parks and if they do, they usually don't go that early in the morning from DD
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

Ok..where can I catch a boat ride other than the one a TTC to MK? I heard there is another going to Epcot I think?? Where does the rear entrance to Epcot come from??? I want to try different ways to get around Disney property..does anyone know of any others that would be cool to try??

There are "friendship" boats that run between the International Gateway at Epcot (between France and the UK pavilions) and Disney's Hollywood Studios. They make stops at the Boardwalk, Beach/Yacht Clubs, and Swan/Dolphin.

You can take a boat between Port Orleans and Downtown Disney, or Saratoga Springs and Downtown Disney.

You can take a boat between Fort Wilderness and the Magic Kingdom.

You can take the monorail from the TTC to the Magic Kingdom, or from the TTC to Epcot, or the resort loop from TTC to Grand Floridian to Polynesian to Magic Kingdom to Contemporary back to TTC.

Everywhere else is bus only...

oh, you can also take a boat from Future World in Epcot to the middle of the World Showcase loop in Epcot (but it's faster to walk)

I've never really had any problems with the buses at SSR.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com