Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Transportation Discuss Which car rental company to use? in the Vacation Planning forums; I've never rented a car in Florida before. Which car company is the best at the airport? Thanks! Lori...

Which car rental company to use?

I've never rented a car in Florida before. Which car company is the best at the airport?

Thanks!
    Lori

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Pigeon is offline Care of: "Mike Wazowski, you've got your life back" lane
    Well, I fall into the 21-24 yrs old category, so I use Enterprise as much as possible, because they have a flat rate for the underaged fee instead of most other companies, who charge extra per day. I've never had a problem with them, last time I was there they when we went into the parking lot to get our vehicle, the guy who gets the cars literally, all out sprinted to get us our car. Enterprise is great. I also really like Payless, we got upgraded from a Honda something to a Ford Mustang, and I find the people there are extremely friendly and very very helpful. These two locations aren't at the airport, you take a shuttle to the facility (about 5-10 minutes away). You call them when you land (from a courtesy phone) and shortly after, you're on your way! Hope this was helpful.

Its kind of fun to do the impossible - W. Disney

Yensid78 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Actually I would not go with Enterprise as this will add a good hour to your day as Enterprise you have to be bused to their office (about 20 minutes with no Traffic) then wait in line to get your car. The same with dropping off. You also have to be careful that they do not add any additional fees or charges as they have been known to do in the past. (I speak from personal experience on that one) We have been using Alamo and they are great. I would really do your research and see what companies offer pick up at the airport in which you can bypass the check out counter. I cannot tell you how convenient it is.
    Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow

Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder
    We used Payless on our last trip in January and they tried to hook some scrape that was on the car before we left out the lot with it. We went back inside to tell them when we left and told them about the scrape of paint on the bumper and the said they were only interested in dents over the size of a quarter. Had no problems at all with car just problem when bought car back. Eventually they backed down after they called the manager.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I use National at Orlando. I signed up with their Emerald Club thing for free. It's nice because you can bypass the counters, get in your car, and get going. And there's no need to be shuttled to their location as it is located in the terminal garage. I've never had a problem with them. Check MouseSavers.com - Disney Discount Source - Disney World Discounts, Disneyland Discounts, Disney Cruise Discounts for codes on car rentals for any company.

To give you an idea of the rate(s), our December 2007 8 day trip...it cost us $106.76 for those days for a compact car. I got that rate by shopping around and playing with various coupon code combinations.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Sharpays Mom is offline A-Ticket holder
    We haven't rented a car in a while. The Disney Magical Express makes it so easy and you don't need to worry about finding your way around. But when we used to rent a car, I didn't have any one provider that I liked. I called all of the companies and asked for their best price for the vehicle I wanted - it varied based on which one had a special running and the availability of the vehicle I wanted. The last time we rented was when we were at Disney's Vero Beach. We used "National" out of Palm Beach and it was good.

How can you submit more than one coupon code?

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Lori,
    I've always used Budget at MCO, they are right at the airport, have a FastBreak program, and have never had a problem with them. I also use the coupon codes from MouseSavers or through Costco or Southwest for them.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page