Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Transportation Discuss JetBlue Nonstop or Connecting Flights fr Maximum WDW Time? in the Vacation Planning forums; Beginning May 1st Jet Blue will offer one nonstop flight each day between Orlando and Austin. For the first time I'm stumped on which airline to use for my WDW ...
    Love That Duck is offline D-Ticket Holder

JetBlue Nonstop or Connecting Flights fr Maximum WDW Time?

Beginning May 1st Jet Blue will offer one nonstop flight each day between Orlando and Austin. For the first time I'm stumped on which airline to use for my WDW trip

I've always taken Continental's 5:50 a.m. flight through Houston arriving MCO at 11 a.m. and returned on the 3 p.m. or 6 p.m. flight out of MCO through Houston for maximum WDW time out of my vacation.

JetBlue (lower fare than Continental) departs Austin at 3:55 p.m. arriving MCO 7:23 p.m. and departs MCO at 3:17 p.m. arriving Austin 5:10 p.m. My sticking point is not arriving at MCO until 7:25 p.m. The 3:17 p.m. departure time is perfect.

I'm heavily leaning toward JetBlue but Continental still gives me maximum WDW time. If I fly JetBlue should I have my TA change my hopper from 8-day to 7-day? Or, leave it an 8-day (about $2 more than 7-day) and try to hit a late night EMH (or would I arrive to late for an EHM)?

I have always used Quicksilver and will probably follow that tradition this trip to MouseFest so doubt I'll have DME baggage worries.

I would appreciate reading any experience you've had arriving late evening, suggestions, do you avoid parks on arrival day, etc.

Thanks in advance.
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept. 3 - Sunrise WEDDING Vow Renewal then Drive to WDW
    Sept. 4-16, 2011 - WDW HONEYMOON:
    Sept 4-9 - Pop Century
    Sept. 10-16 - Caribbean Beach

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Looking at the EMH calendar on disneyworld.com, the pattern (subject to change of course) seems to be that the Evening EMH on a Wednesday (your arrival day) is at Animal Kingdom. Since AK is the earliest closing park, an EMH there still means closing the park by 9 p.m. Not sure what the regular park hours would be at that time, but my notes from last year show dates around then as closing relatively early (9 p.m. MK, 8 p.m. DHS, 9:30 p.m. Epcot)

I would say leave it, and see what the final hours turn out to be. Most you'll do is lose $2 if you don't use the 8th day.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    I'd say change it anyway. If you decide to go to a park that first night afterall, it's a simple matter to go to Guest Services and add the 8th day, for that $2 difference.

BriBri1984 is offline A-Ticket holder

Jet Blue

Since I Work for JetBlue, I am sorry I must say Please Fly Jet Blue

Don't forget about our TV's and unlimited Snacks and Drinks, and great customer service.

But in all Honesty. Jet Blue Tries for the best on time Departures, I can not speak for Continental, but how are there on time arrivals? I know you are concerned about Max WDW Time.. Just something else to think about, if you do get delayed for some reason, whats the next Continental Flight, if your is too delayed or overbooked. ( JB does not Over book at all as well...

I am not putting any airline down, just helping people make a good decision, if Continental is Good, go with them, if we are, go with us..

Also I will post a link. I went to Aquatica today, I have taken some pictures.

Bri

Love That Duck is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Thanks everyone! Decision made...JETBLUE IT IS!

I can wait until December park/EMH calendar is posted to make final decision on what to do upon arrival.

Thanks again!
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept. 3 - Sunrise WEDDING Vow Renewal then Drive to WDW
    Sept. 4-16, 2011 - WDW HONEYMOON:
    Sept 4-9 - Pop Century
    Sept. 10-16 - Caribbean Beach