Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Transportation Discuss Does WDW Still Run Buses Between Parks? in the Vacation Planning forums; I read multiple posts on a thread in another forum that WDW no long provides buses between parks, they provide only buses from resorts to parks. I'm doubting the validity ...
    Love That Duck is offline D-Ticket Holder

Does WDW Still Run Buses Between Parks?

I read multiple posts on a thread in another forum that WDW no long provides buses between parks, they provide only buses from resorts to parks.

I'm doubting the validity since several of the posters said those buses never existed. And because I have never rented a car at WDW. I've done ALL of my daily park hopping using the buses from AK to EPCOT, Studios to MK, etc. However, it could be that WDW has discontinued this type of bus service since my last visit which would make things a bit more difficult without a rental car for my next trip.

Can anyone confirm or deny the demise of the WDW park-to-park buses?

Thanks in advance!
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept. 3 - Sunrise WEDDING Vow Renewal then Drive to WDW
    Sept. 4-16, 2011 - WDW HONEYMOON:
    Sept 4-9 - Pop Century
    Sept. 10-16 - Caribbean Beach

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Yes, Disney runs busses from each park to each resort, from each park to each other park, from each resort to each park, from each resort to each water park, and from each resort to downtown disney.

The only busses that don't exist are between two resorts, and between Downtown Disney and a park.

You can get from any park to any other park directly, with the exception of the Magic Kingdom. To get to MK from another park, you have to take a bus or monorail to the TTC first. To travel between Epcot and DHS, you actually have two options - bus or boat.

It's more likely the confusion arose from a post about busses from Downtown Disney to the parks. Those are the busses that used to exist, but no longer do.

Thanks so much, MRitty! I knew I'd been on those park-to-park buses many times so I was a bit confused myself. I think you're right about the confusion stemming from there being no park to DTD buses and no resort to resort buses.

(Lol, my friend just texted me that she was pretty sure it wasn't a magic carpet she rode today from EPCOTto AK, lol.)

My best friends live in Orlando and happened to be in EPCOT when I text messaged them to see if these buses were still running. They responded that they'd driven to EPCOT had taken the bus from EPCOT to AK and back this afternoon.

I sure wish I was there right now! But, I'll be back at Disneyland on Saturday morning
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept 4-9 - Pop Century

One of my favorite trick is when I'm at DTD and want to get to MK I just hop the GF, Poly or WL bus and then head over from there.
    Or if you are at one of the parks and want to get to DTD just get on the SSR bus and walk over. It's a nice walk. Just make sure to get off at the Congress Park station in SSR.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Nancy Ann,
    I first thought you had an error in your signature, but someone told me Disneyland does have a F&W Festival. Just another reason why I need to think about visiting Disneyland to find out what I've been missing for 35 years.
    Last edited by mini-V; 04-29-2008 at 03:12 AM. Reason: corrected thoughts
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

tigger_03 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by lorilovestigger View Post
    Or if you are at one of the parks and want to get to DTD just get on the SSR bus and walk over. It's a nice walk. Just make sure to get off at the Congress Park station in SSR.
    I never thought of getting off there and just walking. Just might have to do that. Thanks for the tip.

We had considered going to PO and then taking the boat (we wanted to look around PO anyway so we thought that would work) to DTD.

Staying on site this year

Previous trips 1986 & 2003

Going through SSR to travel between DTD and the parks is works well! I also use Yacht Club and Beach Club buses to travel between DTD and the Studios and/or EPCOT. Wow, I wish I was at WDW right now.
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept 4-9 - Pop Century