Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Transportation Discuss Trouble booking Flight to Mousefest in the Vacation Planning forums; Anyone else from the West Coast flying to Mousefest? With the high gas prices, I can't find any kind of good rates. I live in the L.A. area and it ...
    FigmentMushu is offline Chuck & Leigh

Unhappy Trouble booking Flight to Mousefest

Anyone else from the West Coast flying to Mousefest? With the high gas prices, I can't find any kind of good rates.

I live in the L.A. area and it seems that the usual discount places like Orbitz, Expedia, Kayak, Priceline etc. are no different than buying from the airlines directly.

Also, there doesn't seem to be as many options as far as departure times. (There's hardly any overnight flights available.)

Am I looking too soon? I always heard the sooner you book the better, but it feels like the airlines haven't put out their full schedules yet.
    Dreams Never Die!

Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by FigmentMushu View Post
    Anyone else from the West Coast flying to Mousefest? With the high gas prices, I can't find any kind of good rates.

I live in the L.A. area and it seems that the usual discount places like Orbitz, Expedia, Kayak, Priceline etc. are no different than buying from the airlines directly.

Also, there doesn't seem to be as many options as far as departure times. (There's hardly any overnight flights available.)

Am I looking too soon? I always heard the sooner you book the better, but it feels like the airlines haven't put out their full schedules yet.
    Did you try Southwest.com??? I don't know what airport your flying out of. For me where i live I don't even look anywhere else because Southwest is always cheapest where I fly out of.

Thanks for the reminder. Gives me hope. Southwest hasn't gotten to December yet.
    Dreams Never Die!

Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder
    Thanks for the reminder. Gives me hope. Southwest hasn't gotten to December yet.
    Yeah I'm waiting for January myself.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

I saw several news reports last week that indicate all airlines are cutting back flights and consolidating other flights, so there is a minimizing of availability so that the airlines can still fly. You might try a trick called "breaking" a flight, this is where instead of a nice straight flight LAX to MCO, you try LAX to ATL to MCO or something along those lines- or call the carriers directly and ask them to so you can get a route, then shop from home for pricing and flight times in your schedule. Also, a one day shift in either direction could make a difference in price and availability. Days heavy with business travelers are harder to get and more expensive then days with less, so changing those times a little may help.

Good Luck
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Southwest flights will be out on June 26th.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by lorilovestigger View Post
    Southwest flights will be out on June 26th.
    Love that piece of info. Thanks so much.
    Dreams Never Die!