Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Transportation Discuss Taxi from CBR to Boardwalk ... in the Vacation Planning forums; Has anyone ever taken a taxi FROM CBR? I need to catch an early morning taxi from CBR to Boardwalk in Dec. for a photowalk meet at 7 a.m. I've ...
    Love That Duck is offline D-Ticket Holder

Taxi from CBR to Boardwalk ...

Has anyone ever taken a taxi FROM CBR? I need to catch an early morning taxi from CBR to Boardwalk in Dec. for a photowalk meet at 7 a.m.

I've taken taxis from the parks and restaurants TO CBR but never the other way around. Do I contact CBR Guest Services the night before to arrange for a taxi, or do I simply head over to the Customs House and catch a taxi?

Any info will be helpful. Thanks in advance.
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept. 3 - Sunrise WEDDING Vow Renewal then Drive to WDW
    Sept. 4-16, 2011 - WDW HONEYMOON:
    Sept 4-9 - Pop Century
    Sept. 10-16 - Caribbean Beach

M5ward is offline C-Ticket Holder
    There is information on using cabs on the following web site:
    MouseSavers.com - Taxi Service at Disney World

We're going down in a couple of days and need a taxi to get to the MK for a character breakfast. I intend to try to request it through the front dest the night before.
    Michele
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on until Morning!
    šoš * ~ ** ~ * šoš

November, 1981 (CR), November, 1983 (CR), December, 1994 (off-site),January, 2005 (BWI), March, 2006 (BWI), January, 2007 (SSR), November, 2007 (SSR), February. 2008 (BWV), October, 2008 (OKW), January, 2009 (BWV)

Love That Duck is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Thanks for the taxi information, M5ward.

I've changed from CBR to POFQ and cancelled attending Photowalk but it's nice to have this info in case I want/need taxi service from POFQ in Dec.

Have a great trip!
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept. 3 - Sunrise WEDDING Vow Renewal then Drive to WDW
    Sept. 4-16, 2011 - WDW HONEYMOON:
    Sept 4-9 - Pop Century
    Sept. 10-16 - Caribbean Beach

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by M5ward View Post
    We're going down in a couple of days and need a taxi to get to the MK for a character breakfast. I intend to try to request it through the front dest the night before.
    If you're staying at a WDW resort, you don't NEED to take a taxi to an early ADR at Magic Kingdom ... some people may prefer to do it that way, but it is not a necessity.

A lot of people don't know that buses begin running for MK and Chef Mickey's character breakfasts at 6:30 a.m. ANyone can make even the earliest (7 a.m.) ADR at MK or Chef Mickey's. Unfortunately, when you call DIsney's Central Reservations office to ask about stuff like this, they typically give very incorrect information. In this case, they usually say something like "Buses begin running one hour before the park opens," and then you see MK opens at 9, so you think buses start running at 8, and you conclude that a taxi is your only hope. UNTRUE.

You can get to the very earliest breakfast ADRs at all 4 theme parks using Disney Transport buses. Buses start running early enough for everyone to do so.

The only people who need a taxi are people who have a very early ADR at a resort, such as in the Boardwalk area ... since there are no resort-to-resort buses, you're outta luck there. The exception to this is Chef Mickey's ... either the MK bus driver will drop you off at COntemporary if you explain you have an ADR at Chef Mickey's, or when you get to the bus stop it's just about a 6 or 7 minute walk to Contemporary from there.
    -- Eric