Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Transportation Discuss Taxi or Car Service for going off resort in the Vacation Planning forums; On our next trip to Walt Disney World, we'll be going off-site 1 day and are weighing our transportation options. We'd rather not rent a car for the day because ...
    fazdevils is offline A-Ticket holder

Taxi or Car Service for going off resort

On our next trip to Walt Disney World, we'll be going off-site 1 day and are weighing our transportation options. We'd rather not rent a car for the day because of the time and hassle involved in heading over to the Dolphin/Car Care to get and then drop off the vehicle.

Looking around it looks like a taxi and a car service will cost about the same. We're leaning toward a taxi, simply because of the flexibility we gain by not having to schedule pickup times.

Any thoughts on the pros/cons of this approach? Do you know if the cabs generally have a booster seat/car seat for kids or if one is even required in Florida?

Thanks!
    Last edited by fazdevils; 09-02-2008 at 03:16 PM.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Between School Board conventions at the Orlando Convention Center and my son being in the Disney College Program we have used taxi's over our last 4 trips where we didn't prior to that. The single most important thing I've learned is to know the Taxi Co. that you are using. It is worth paying the Disney Head Bellman a tip to call a taxi to the stand for you. You can on your return trip phone that same Taxi company to pick you up again vs. getting in the Taxi line and getting whoever is up next. Or say you are a day visitor to Universal, it is only a couple minute walk to two of the Universal hotels or a very quick ferry ride. Their bellhop too will call a taxi forward for you also.

Disney College housing is off-site, a couple miles the other side of of DTD.
    It cost me $l3-$l4, & tip when I shuttled my DS from POR. Gypsy cabs are known to take longer routes to rack up those charges so beware.

I've also have used Mears Towncars to transfer Resorts between Universal and Disney mid vacation. Shoot me a PM if you need info.