Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Transportation Discuss Transportation from Sanford Airport to WDW in the Vacation Planning forums; We are planning a possible trip in April to WDW. We have found great prices on flights into Sanford airport. Are there any recomendations on shuttles/limos or car rentals from ...
    Joker67 is offline A-Ticket holder

Transportation from Sanford Airport to WDW

We are planning a possible trip in April to WDW. We have found great prices on flights into Sanford airport. Are there any recomendations on shuttles/limos or car rentals from there? As much as I would like Magical Express, the price to Sanford is just too good to pass up.
    I don't think we will need a rental once at WDW, but will take it if no reasonable priced alternative is available...........

Many Thanks

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    This may not help you, because I don't know if they serve that particular route or not, but I've had good luck with Executive Shuttle Service. I use them when I need a ride from Melbourne to OAI, and have found that they have the prices and provide reliable service. However, they say on their web site that they serve the Brevard County area and a route from Sanford to WDW does not pass anywhere near Brevard, so they may not be able to help you. However they don't say that they serve Brevard exclusively, so they're probably worth a phone call.

Alternatively, there are (naturally) plenty of other operators serving that area, but I don't have any experience with any of them.

Executive Shuttle Service
    Last edited by tizzo; 09-23-2008 at 04:03 PM.

Thanks for the info. At this point, we will check all possibilities. I have to get out maps when discussing the Orlando area. I'm a real country boy, so cities, sub cities and burroughs etc. leave me scatchin' my head I am only slightly familier with the Apopka area. Used to get plants for my old business there........

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    If you do decide to rent a car, it is so easy to pick it up at Sanford and drive to WDW. You don't have to drive through Orlando (made that mistake once!). Last time we made it from landing to Epcot in just over two hours - including checking in at our resort!

Oh, and welcome to DWT!
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

Tash,
    Thanks for the info and the welcome. Not so smoothly moving off topic, I have to tell you that Ariel is my daughter absolute "favwit" princess. She wants to grow up to be a mermaid like her....

Quote Originally Posted by Joker67 View Post
    Tash,
    Thanks for the info and the welcome. Not so smoothly moving off topic, I have to tell you that Ariel is my daughter absolute "favwit" princess. She wants to grow up to be a mermaid like her....

LOL - so do I, but I'm 35 and it hasn't happened yet!!
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs

Well, shes only four, so I guess there's time. She likes to try to give Daddy a stroke by unexpectedly jumping into Grandaddys swimming pool and staying underwater. And staying. And staying..AND STAYING....

Sounds like a proper mermaid in training. 4 is a lovely age to go to WDW - well, any aged is, but at just 4 you don't understand what's real and what's make believe. Have you decided how to get from Sanford yet?
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs

We are still in discussions. My wife would like shuttle service. She likes the idea of a vacation where someone else does all the driving. I have issues of relying on someone else having control of transportation. (Not too much of a control freak, eh?) So I want a car. It will probably come down to cost.

lexitoad is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I flew in to Sandford for the same reason back in May. There were 4 adults and the price was again too good to pass up. For $45 and a coupon for a free upgrade on the size car from costco we got to the resort in about an 1... add a little more money in for 1/2 tank of gas and we saved tons. We turned in our car at the car care center and took the bus to the nearest park (MK). We ended up flying out of Orlando do to Skybus going under so we got to take the Magical Express on the way out. But for as cheap as you can fly into Sanford it is almost too hard to pass up. Only thing is, make sure you rent a car from the same companies they have on property if you donít want to pay for the car for your entire stay.
    alexis

biblioadonis is offline B-Ticket Holder
    We rented form a company at Sanford and kept the car the whole week. We stayed at Old Key West and we were able to park right in front of the building.

The drive did take about an hour and taking I-4 drove you through Orlando...no tolls, though.

Sanford was easy to get in and out of and the security line was very quick.
    George
    http://www.imaginerding.com

Jeff did our logo...do you like it?

Personally, I would rather pay the tolls than drive through Orlando - did that once and the journey took twice as long. Maybe the traffic was just bad that day?
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by tasha36 View Post
    Personally, I would rather pay the tolls than drive through Orlando - did that once and the journey took twice as long. Maybe the traffic was just bad that day?
    No, that's pretty much how traffic is on I-4. Everything for tourists is clustered around that road, and it's the only free route through the area. And for various reasons it has a reputation for being a fairly dangerous road in terms of there being a lot of traffic accidents.

Personally I like 417. Yes, it's a toll road, and a pricey one at that. I'm only really familiar with the stretch from 528 South to Disney, which is only about 10-15 miles, and it has two $1 tolls plus a $0.25 to get off at Osceola Parkway right outside the gate. I assume you're looking at at least another $2 in tolls from 528 up to where the airport is.

But it seems like no one uses it, and the speed limit is 65. Between the extra gas you're going to use sitting in traffic on I-4, and depending on what value you place on your time, I have to agree with your assessment that it's better to pay the tolls.