Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Transportation Discuss Easing Liquid Restrictions on Flights? in the Vacation Planning forums; From USA Today: TSA likely to ease restrictions on liquids in 2009 - USATODAY.com Maybe now we will be able to carry on luggage and skip the checked luggage fee. ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Easing Liquid Restrictions on Flights?

From USA Today:

TSA likely to ease restrictions on liquids in 2009 - USATODAY.com

Maybe now we will be able to carry on luggage and skip the checked luggage fee.

(hmmm....also wonder if the airlines will lower the luggage cost or eliminate the extra charge now that gas/oil prices are dropping.)

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Great news! I always have to check my bag because of all my cosmetics that I can't travel without.

Air Canada has already removed the surcharge on North American flights up here.

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    It's strange, when my dad flies with Delta he doesn't have to pay for his one checked bag, but this time he flew with US Air and he had to pay 15 bucks for one bag! That's ridiculous. The airlines and airports will never be the same again. I hope they do lift the liquid restrictions, that would be nice.

Some kid at the airport a few weeks ago asked his mom for his juice to drink with his lunch and she told him he couldn't have his juice because it was a threat to national security . My dad told me that when he got back in town. The mom must have taken it with her through security and they stopped her and had to throw it out. She was a little mad I think.
    Last edited by lilo88; 10-28-2008 at 11:06 AM.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post

Maybe now we will be able to carry on luggage and skip the checked luggage fee. (hmmm....also wonder if the airlines will lower the luggage cost or eliminate the extra charge now that gas/oil prices are dropping.)
    For myself, I'm glad to part with my luggage and not have to carry much on the plane with me. The restrictions did me a favor by making me rethink everything that I "need" on the plane. The one carry-on rule forced me to leave room in my rolling backpack for my purse so I have one less bag to worry about. The airlines seem to be having a low initial charge to get you to buy their ticket and then hit you with the add-ons. I don't see that changing unless Southwest takes away too much business from the competitors. Plus, the changes to liquids on planes is coming "sometime" in 2009. It could be several months into 2009 before we see changes.

Quote Originally Posted by lilo88 View Post
    Some kid at the airport a few weeks ago asked his mom for his juice to drink with his lunch and she told him he couldn't have his juice because it was a threat to national security . ... She was a little mad I think.
    Mom should have remembered that it doesn't matter WHO you are, the rules apply to everyone on the plane. I find it more annoying that you are restricted from bringing drinks with you unless you buy them on the other side of the security check-in, and then the airline charges an arm and a leg for something to drink. Mom could have bought Jr. a drink in the airport to replace the confiscated juice box. More money? Yup, but Jr. would have been able to have a drink on the plane.

I still feel sorry for those that flew the day the restrictions were established. They had no warning and probably lost a lot of health & beauty products without the chance to down-size the contents.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    She bought him milk at the restaurant on the other side of security and he asked for his juice. She was being sarcastic.

I thought it was funny. And no alot of people don't think the rules apply to them
    Last edited by lilo88; 10-28-2008 at 01:48 PM.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    For myself, I'm glad to part with my luggage and not have to carry much on the plane with me. The restrictions did me a favor by making me rethink everything that I "need" on the plane. The one carry-on rule forced me to leave room in my rolling backpack for my purse so I have one less bag to worry about. The airlines seem to be having a low initial charge to get you to buy their ticket and then hit you with the add-ons. I don't see that changing unless Southwest takes away too much business from the competitors. Plus, the changes to liquids on planes is coming "sometime" in 2009. It could be several months into 2009 before we see changes.

Mom should have remembered that it doesn't matter WHO you are, the rules apply to everyone on the plane. I find it more annoying that you are restricted from bringing drinks with you unless you buy them on the other side of the security check-in, and then the airline charges an arm and a leg for something to drink. Mom could have bought Jr. a drink in the airport to replace the confiscated juice box. More money? Yup, but Jr. would have been able to have a drink on the plane.

I still feel sorry for those that flew the day the restrictions were established. They had no warning and probably lost a lot of health & beauty products without the chance to down-size the contents.
    After 9/11 we will all do what we have to do. I was happy to check my luggage until we got hit several times this year with $25-$50 per bag, per person. We are a family of four. And this had nothing to do with National
    Security. I had always packed Mary Poppins carry on for my kids when they were young, enough to get us through until we eventually hit the hotel. I feel for the parents that have to purchase all these things in the terminal beyond security. These young families are really getting slammed with charges this year and it is tough on them, and once they reach the World they are slapped by charges for strollers and lockers that are albeit high too.
    I think the families stand a better chance with the airlines rolling back some fees and TSA making it easier for travelers than they do with the odds of
    WDW lowering stroller and locker fees though.

LockShockBarrel is offline C-Ticket Holder
    i have to say buffalo and orlando don't check very well. i had perfume and contact solution in my carryon and nothing was said. they didn't even look extra long in the xray machine. both were bottles over the limit (but not completely full) and not in a ziplock bag. when flying down i completely forgot i had them in my carryon, and on the way back i took them anyway.

interestingly enough, whenever my father flies with his guide dog they always hand search him and yes, they search the dog. harness has to come off and is checked and they scan the dog with the wand.

so apparently liquids are cool, but my dog is a bomb.