Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Transportation Discuss bus lights in the Vacation Planning forums; who else thinks that they should not turn off the lights on the buses at night it makes me realy tired....
    DISNEYmania96 is offline A-Ticket holder

bus lights

who else thinks that they should not turn off the lights on the buses at night it makes me realy tired.
    A dream is a
    wish that will come true!

BarnicleBaron is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have to say I love that they turn off the lights. At the end of a long day at the park, I find it comforting since I feel disheveled and am glad I don't have to sit avoiding eyes with others that are feeling the same way. Also, on my last trip staying at Port Orleans Riverside, I loved sitting in the dark on the way home listening to the crickets chirping. It was soothing after a long day.
    Jen

"Can you stand on your head?"

D23 Charter Member

Serkazong is offline Keep to the code.
    I'm going to agree with BarnicleBaron- especially on very crowded rides back to the resort.

I always give my seat up to a lady or elderly person and its much easier to see outside the bus and anticipate the stops and turns without crashing into the other standing passengers around me.

envypeterpan is offline Fastpass Holder
    I love having the lights turned off on the bus. It makes the bus feel more calm and is kind of a relaxing way to end the day.
    -Brent
    "It's the time of your life, so live it well" ~ a bug's life

I have a Disney book coming out in the first week of March. Stop by www.fromscreentotheme.com for more details!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by BarnicleBaron View Post
    I have to say I love that they turn off the lights. At the end of a long day at the park, I find it comforting since I feel disheveled and am glad I don't have to sit avoiding eyes with others that are feeling the same way. Also, on my last trip staying at Port Orleans Riverside, I loved sitting in the dark on the way home listening to the crickets chirping. It was soothing after a long day.
    Quote Originally Posted by envypeterpan View Post
    I love having the lights turned off on the bus. It makes the bus feel more calm and is kind of a relaxing way to end the day.
    I like having the lights off too. It's a good way to start that "winding down" feeling to get ready to end the day. Besides, if it's safer for the driver, then turn those lights off!
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    I'll pipe in on lights out too. When you have young kids in tow, lights out usually makes them crash. Good for parents and fellow riders at the end of a long day. If you are lucky they fall asleep and they plop right in bed.

The downside is when they come to your stop and flip those bright lights on.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    The downside is when they come to your stop and flip those bright lights on.
    Exactly!! However, it is really nice to be able to wind down, like people have said. But when the bus gets back and the lights come on, you have to come out of your relaxed state and walk back to your room. I wish I was still a kid so someone could carry me back!!
    ~Ashleigh

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I also like having the lights off. I like to look out the window and with the lights on it's hard. And I find it more relaxing at the end of a very long day.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

BarnicleBaron is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Serkazong View Post
    I'm going to agree with BarnicleBaron- especially on very crowded rides back to the resort.

I always give my seat up to a lady or elderly person and its much easier to see outside the bus and anticipate the stops and turns without crashing into the other standing passengers around me.
    Serkazong - We REALLY appreciated people like you who were willing to give up their seats to the elderly, etc. My mom, who has severe arthritis and uses a wheelchair in the parks, was with us on our last trip. She didn't have a ecv or wheelchair on the buses so we always appreciated when someone was courteous enough to see her unsteadyness and give her their seat....especially at night when the lights were off!
    Jen

"Can you stand on your head?"

D23 Charter Member

dsnyqwn1 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I love having the lights off. Like everyone said it helps you relax and unwind from the long day at the park. I also like being able to see out, i like seeing the parks at night when we are leaving. Also it helps the bus driver see better.

Stitch's buddy is offline Hakuna Matata
    Quote Originally Posted by Serkazong View Post

I too give my seat off to elderly and those with babys the only down side Im shorter than Lou and those straps are hard to grab reach of but they need the seat more than I

I like the lights off I relaxes you and you can get a mini-nap

I FINISHED my first ever race, ToT 13Kand running it again in '09

** Please, Please excuse my grammatical and spelling errors. Correct me if I'm wrong.**

iheartdisney01 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: bus lights

Sorry, but I'll have to agree with everyone else. It feels nice to be able to fall asleep on the bus!
    Last edited by iheartdisney01; 07-06-2010 at 05:51 PM. Reason: wrong spelling
    Just Keep Swimming

My Disney Vacations...
    2001-Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2002-Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2003-Beach Club
    2004-Beach Club
    2005-Beach Club
    2006-Beach Club
    2006(again)-Beach Club
    2007-Beach Club
    2008-Beach Club
    2009-Port Orleans Riverside Magnolia Bend
    2010(next vacation!)-Port Orleans Riverside Magnolia Bend

iheartdisney01

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

Lights off=Yes. No other way I can think to put it. After standing in line (probably) for your bus for a while, in addition to a long day at the park, there's no other place i'd want to be than in a calm, quiet, bus. It reminds me of being little, and falling asleep and being taken to wherever you want to/need to go. It just gives your eyes and rest and give you time to think... something you might not be able to do with the lights on.
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

rosworms is offline The Harry Potter fandom's little Disney Freak

I haven't been on the busses yet, but I have to say that the lights being off inside is also safer. It's hard to see out the window to drive when you have the lights from inside glaring off the glass.
    Disney Trips
    May 1994- WDW (off property)
    May 1997- WDW (off property)
    March 2001- WDW (off property)
    May 2006- Disneyland (off property)
    September 2010- WDW (POFQ)
    October 2012 - Wedding and Honeymoon! - WDW (POR)

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

"Boom, Boom, Out Go the Lights"
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast