Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Transportation Discuss The dreaded buses... in the Vacation Planning forums; boardwalk!!!!!!!!!...
    wdwkid32 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Unhappy Re: The dreaded buses...

boardwalk!!!!!!!!!

wdwkid32 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: The dreaded buses...

The worst bus is the wilderness lodge, poly, and contemperary bus.

johnatthebar is offline C-Ticket Holder

I concur with a few past posters, if you can swing a monorail line resort that's the way to go, though I realize it's not the cheapest of options. If you have Tables In Wonderland you can also valet at the Poly for free, walk up one flight of stairs to the monorail, and at the end up the day, when tired, call ahead to the Poly and have your car ready for you just below the platform. It's a nice way to roll.

Yeah you can't take the monorail to DHS or AK, but if you plan your days out you can conveniently take the boats between epcot and DHS. I'm not big on the buses.

Did you know that the buses are among the fastest vehicles in the parks for guests? They are only outrun by Rockin Roller Coaster. The monorail can go faster but generally stays under 45mph. The buses must obey the 55mph speed limit. Some of the buses have over one million miles on them as depending on the day of the year, bus service may only cease for 6 hours at night.

LILYCOOL is offline B-Ticket Holder

I learned a lot of info fro this.
    In winter,if you never owned even one pair of elephant paws ,it's really a pity.
    I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -- Confucius

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

We stayed on property for the first time on our last trip. One of the selling points for us, besides free dining, was Disney Transportation. We bussed to DD our first night and decided to not ever do that again. We'll see where we stay next time. I do like the idea of the Contemporary and walking to MK. I really hate the monorail ride out at closing!
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Serkazong is offline Keep to the code.

Polynesian or Contemporary would be my picks. The two resorts often share buses, but the crowds don't seem as heavy for bus transport as other resorts we have stayed at.

tmgsjv is offline B-Ticket Holder

It's been my experience that the All Star Busses actually run pretty smooth, and will have shorter wait time between busses at park close. If you stay at Music, get one of the back rooms closest to Movies - then you can hop on either bus at night when the park is closing. I actually think All Stars is the best bus system yet, except Kidani Village. Avoid Port Orleans!!! Good Luck!
    -TMGSJV
    August 2008 - SSR
    September 2009 - All Star Movies
    November 2009 - AKL Kidani Village
    March 2010 - FWC / Boardwalk Villas
    August 2010 - BLT
    March 2011 - AKL Jambo / BLT
    May 2011 - AKL Kidani / POFQ
    August 2011 - Boardwalk Villas

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by tmgsjv View Post
    It's been my experience that the All Star Busses actually run pretty smooth, and will have shorter wait time between busses at park close.......... I actually think All Stars is the best bus system yet, except Kidani Village..

I stayed at All Star Movies in early December and we did the busses once because the kids thought it would be "fun". It only took one trip, standing all the way back from EPCOT between folded strollers and crying toddlers for my kids to realize how wrong they were. We happily drove our van to and from the parks for the rest of our trip.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

And When we did drive to the parks, we either stood on the Monorail, stood in line for the tram, or the big boat. Then we were stuck in the sea of cars trying to exit the parks.

I take the bus. We actually have had far more problems with the Magical Express than the Resort buses.

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

We found our vehicle to be faster. We consistently beat our relatives back to the All Star when leaving at the same time; they took the bus & we took our van. To each his own, I guess.

NICKY MOUSE is offline B-Ticket Holder

I learned on my first trip after about 2 bus trips this was not for me.

We always rent a car. If you know you are going to Disney look for a car as soon as you can to get the best rate and check often before your trip. In June i got a economy car for $200 with tax from avis for 10 days.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    Walt Disney

WDW visits
    75 April Contemporary
    76 April Contemporary
    02 June Cabins Fort Wilderness
    05 Easter Fort Wilderness Camping
    06-07 New Years Riverside
    07-08 New Years Pop
    09 June Riverside
    09 18-23 Dec Pop
    10 5-9 Apr Pop
    10 11-20 June Camping Fort Wilderness
    10 Dec Polynesian
    11 Disney Dream Lou Cruise
    11 June Fort Wilderness
    11 Oct Bay Lake Tower
    12 Jan Pop
    12 June Bay Lake
    12 July Cruise to Canada On Magic
    12 Nov Lou's Cruise on Dream

GUNMETALSCION is offline B-Ticket Holder

buses are hard to figure...... in 04 my wife and i had one to ourselves from MK to CBR but last year I had to give up my seat to an old lady with a cane because all the other seats were taken some by her family ???? (I guess no one else on the buss ever had a grandmother)

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards

I don't normally stay on site too often, and even when I have have often used a car just because we always drive down, but for various reasons on the trip we took to WDW this last December I took the bus every day, in fact, I spent the better part of one day "resort hopping" with LOTS of time spent on the bus all in all my bus experiences were positive, BUT a LOT of that is based on expectations, if I am going to a park first thing in the morning, or leaving at its close I EXPECT there to be a wait for a bus I am likely to end up standing up on, in fact when I saw other folks reluctant to "Squeeze on" or their party size was too large I was quick to volunteer to take one of the last "standing spots" on a bus a couple of time. I will say this it seems quite odd to me that the deluxe resorts will at times "share buses" I understand that it is because there are so few rooms at a deluxe resort as compared to a Value or even a moderate, but for what those folks are paying and with what gas costs, I think it would be a win-win for Disney to invest in some high capacity passenger vans and instead of sharing a bus between a couple of deluxe resorts just run the vans if the crowds don't justify bus loads. I imagine it is easier to find full size buses with the handicapped accessibility they are looking for though rather than vans, so I suppose that may be part of the reason that they don't do that, but it does just blow my mind a bit that folks who are paying 3, 5 , or even 10 times what I paid for a value resort room (that came with free counter service dining too for that matter) have WORSE bus service than i did staying at Pop Century. Though I will say getting back to the original question that you are more likely to get a seat riding a bus to a deluxe resort, just because of that fact that there are so few rooms at each deluxe resort as compared to a moderate or value resort. I would imagine that since Animal Kingdom Lodge is so FAR from other deluxe resorts that they would NOT share a bus ever and so MIGHT be the best bet for always getting a seat.

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Quote Originally Posted by elvistelth View Post
    I stayed at All Star Movies in early December and we did the busses once because the kids thought it would be "fun". It only took one trip, standing all the way back from EPCOT between folded strollers and crying toddlers for my kids to realize how wrong they were. We happily drove our van to and from the parks for the rest of our trip.
    My thoughts exactly, that way the only crying toddler is the one I'm holding.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

1 small world is offline C-Ticket Holder

Okay... all these replies are talking about taking buses...
    how about saving your pennies and just stay at the Polynesian?
    I know it's pricey, but for convenience, you can't beat a bus free trip to MK and Epcot!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast