Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Transportation Discuss Wilderness Lodge to Poly in the Vacation Planning forums; I'm hoping to make an ADR for Ohana's character breakfast. Ideally, I'd like an early ADR to get to Epcot at opening. We will not have a rental car so ...
    CKrup is offline B-Ticket Holder

Exclamation Wilderness Lodge to Poly

I'm hoping to make an ADR for Ohana's character breakfast. Ideally, I'd like an early ADR to get to Epcot at opening. We will not have a rental car so transportation will be tricky. I read on a few sites that WL has a bus to the TTC, but I couldn't gauge when the info was posted. Are they still running a bus from WL to the TTC? If that's the case does anyone know what time they start running? My thought is that we could bus to the TTC and walk to the Poly from there. Than grab a monorail to Epcot after breakfast. Are there any other options from WL? Thanks.

Not sure about the bus, but there is a boat that goes from the WL to the Contemporary. Then all you would have to do is hop on the monorail over to the Poly for breakfast!

BTW....you would want to take the blue flag boat and it starts running at 6:45 AM.

Stitch's buddy is offline Hakuna Matata
    I agree with disneydreamer98 that a boat over to Contemporary then Monorail. I can't remember if there is a bus to the TTC.

I FINISHED my first ever race, ToT 13Kand running it again in '09

** Please, Please excuse my grammatical and spelling errors. Correct me if I'm wrong.**

Go Ask Alice is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I'm sure that all hotels have transportation to the TTC. So you shouldn't have any problem.
    Not going to Disney World any time soon...

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Actually, they generally don't have buses to the TTC from Disney Resorts anymore. The bus station is now outside the gates of the MK, so there is no need for resort guests to go to the TTC.

Wilderness Lodge was running their bus to the TTC for a time because of some construction going on; I believe that has ended and the bus goes directly to MK.

The off-property resorts and the Downtown Disney resorts on Hotel Blvd. if they offer bus service would go to the TTC for the Magic Kingdom.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

CKrup is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98 View Post
    BTW....you would want to take the blue flag boat and it starts running at 6:45 AM.
    Thanks for the help. I have searched high and low for boat times. This seems like the best option.

Eric is offline A-Ticket holder
    Take a cab.
    Eric,
    co-host, Mouse Guest Weekly podcast
    MouseGuest.com

faeremoon is offline A-Ticket holder
    We tried on two separate trips to get to Poly from WL for Ohana's, and both times we did not get there. The boats don't run early enough, so you would have to schedule a LATE breakfast, or as Eric suggested, take a cab if you want an early ADR.

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    The other way to do it is bus from Wilderness Lodge to MK (the buses begin around 6:30 a.m., or 6:45 a.m. at the very very latest), and then resort monorail to Poly.

You could mention to the driver that you have an ADR at 'Ohana ... he/she can choose to drop you off there directly (on those early buses, it is up to the driver's discretion). Even if the driver might not want to divert to Poly, most early morning MK-bound drivers WILL drop off guests at Contemporary (Chef Mickey's breakfast). And it will save you time to take the monorail from Contemporary as opposed to taking it from MK).

The good news is that at Poly, the monorail lets you off into the 2nd floor of the lobby, and 'Ohana is just across the lobby on that same floor, so you have less than a 1 minute walk from monorail to 'Ohana.
    -- Eric

Quote Originally Posted by faeremoon View Post
    We tried on two separate trips to get to Poly from WL for Ohana's, and both times we did not get there. The boats don't run early enough, so you would have to schedule a LATE breakfast, or as Eric suggested, take a cab if you want an early ADR.
    The boats start running at 6:45 as long as you are down there to catch the very first boat, you shouldn't have a problem. It's less than a 10 minute boat ride over to the Contemporary and then about a 5 minute walk up the walkway to get inside the Contemporary to catch the monorail over to the Poly. They would be perfectly fine making a 7:20/7:30 ADR at Ohana.