Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Transportation Discuss Bus Question - Magic Kingdom to Downtown Disney? in the Vacation Planning forums; Just trying to figure out something for our upcoming vacation. One day we have tickets to Cirque at Downtown Disney but we are meeting up with some family that day ...
    brentbrit is offline A-Ticket holder

Bus Question - Magic Kingdom to Downtown Disney?

Just trying to figure out something for our upcoming vacation. One day we have tickets to Cirque at Downtown Disney but we are meeting up with some family that day at the Magic Kingdom. I'm just trying to figure out if we have to go back to the resort to get a bus to Downtown or if there is a bus that runs there from the MK?

Obviously based on how hot it is we may want to go back to the resort to clean up/change clothes. Just trying to figure out our different options for that day.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    No, you can't go from the parks to DTD anymore. If you have a car you may want to think about bringing it to the parks that day, if your a resort guest the parking is free at the parks.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    ... You beat me too it! (I was uploading photos!)

A suggestion would be to get a bus to either The Contemporary and wlk round to MK or even The Poly and get the monorail to MK!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

brentbrit is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks guys! Not a big deal as I figured we'd want to go back to the resort and change anyway. But was just trying to get an idea of what all our options were. Thanks again!

flutter is offline Moderator
    I would take the monorail to the Poly and get a bus from there

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by flutter View Post
    I would take the monorail to the Poly and get a bus from there
    The Downtown Disney bus stops at Contemporary before Polynesian. Therefore, my opinion is that it would make more sense to catch that bus at Contemporary ... the walk from MK isn't far.

You could take the monorail from MK if you really want, but it's a minor hike from the monorail platform to the bus stops at both Contemporary and Poly, which again leads me to say just walk to Contemporary; the combination of the walk from MK to the resort monorail plus the wait for the monorail plus the ride itself plus the walk from the monorail platform down to the bus area ... all of that would likely take more time than the walk from the MK exit to the Contemporary bus stop.
    -- Eric

DarGoku368 is offline Fastpass Holder
    My favorite way of getting from Magic Kingdom to Downtown Disney is catching a bus from Magic Kingdom to Saratoga Springs. Theres a short path in Saratoga Springs that leads you right into Downtown Disney, its a nice peaceful walk
    4 8 15 16 23 42

"Rat, schmat, besides...they're tourists...what do they know?"

thepurplefoldercp.blogspot.com

J&J
    J&J is offline E-Ticket Holder

Re: Bus Question - Magic Kingdom to Downtown Disney?

the bus that says downtown will stop near the show for pickup and dropoff. you will not have to go to downtown which is a nice walk to the show.
    J&J

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by J&J View Post
    the bus that says downtown will stop near the show for pickup and dropoff. you will not have to go to downtown which is a nice walk to the show.
    Huh? The Cirque show is located inside Downtown Disney. I think what you are trying to say is that the show is located in the West Side area of DTD, and that there is a bus stop there as well as a bus stop at the Marketplace area of DTD.

To tell someone they don't have to go to DTD will confuse people because it is untrue.
    -- Eric

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

So you're saying,that you can't take a bus from a park to DD anymore? Why? What are these nuts thinking?Inconvienence I say.
    Park Hopper Dad!

tiggerguy is offline WDWRadio.com Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Park Hopper Dad View Post
    So you're saying,that you can't take a bus from a park to DD anymore? Why? What are these nuts thinking?Inconvienence I say.
    reason being, too many people (non Disney hotels) were parking at DtD and taking the buses to the parks.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

Well then.That makes perfect sense to me.Because one of the fringe benefits for staying on property is the free use of the bus transportation if guests choose to use it.So we don't need then non-property guests coming to DD and park and ruin it for those of us that choose to stay on property.Way to go Disney officials,at least this time.
    Park Hopper Dad!