Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Transportation Discuss Disney Buses question in the Vacation Planning forums; When my sister and I go down to WDW we are staying at All-Star Movies. We're getting an ADR for Boma the night we get there and we're not sure ...
    04CP_ Nolan is offline Dole Float + POTC= Good Day

Disney Buses question

When my sister and I go down to WDW we are staying at All-Star Movies. We're getting an ADR for Boma the night we get there and we're not sure about the buses over to AKL and Boma. I know they don't do resort to resort, so I'm curious what would be our quickest route? I was thinking a bus to DTD and then hit the bus to AKL, but I'm not totally sure. Advice please?

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

Re: Disney Buses question

I don't know, exactly, the best route, but if you look at a map of the entire property, DTD is completely on the other side. The All Star's are right next door to DAK, relatively speaking.
    Someone else here should be able to fix you up!
    Or, call Disney.

I'm wondering if we could catch a bus to DAK and catch the AKL bus from there? From AKL that night we're going to play Fantasia Gardens, so we'll catch a bus from AKL to DHS and go to Fantasia Gardens. Then it's a bus ride back to Movies from there, i think. I just hope the don't stop bus service really early or something that night.

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

I would most likely take the AK bus from your resort and then over to AKL since they are right near each other
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

envypeterpan is offline Fastpass Holder

I would take either the bus to AK or Blizzard Beach. Whichever shows up first.
    -Brent
    "It's the time of your life, so live it well" ~ a bug's life

I have a Disney book coming out in the first week of March. Stop by www.fromscreentotheme.com for more details!

Is Blizzard Beach open that time of year? My biggest worry is the trip back from Fantasia Gardens.

newdrama12 is offline D-Ticket Holder

To get from Fantasia Gardens back to your resort, it looks like you are going to want to catch a bus to DTD.
    You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality" - Walt Disney

zima-cheryl is offline C-Ticket Holder

When you check in I'd ask at the desk for the park schedules & hours that evening. I seem to remember that busses to/from the parks would run for 1 1/2 to 2 hours after closing.

Depending on when AK closes & what time your ADR is you may not be able to do the bus to AK then to AKL. Which puts you back to the DTD bus then to AKL.

Same thing w/the Fantasia trip. I see you plan to go to DHS then walk over. Depending on when DHS closes & how long you are at the mini-golf, you may need to grab a bus from one of the Epcot hotels back to DTD then to your resort.

I'm not sure what your budget is, but you may want to consider splurging for a cab for some/all of the trips. At a minimum you may want to stick an extra $20 in your pocket just in case you do end up having to call a cab. Bell services at any hotel can get you one. And at the parks they are usually around the entrance/parking lot at the end of the night.
    Zima-Cheryl

ImaMouser is offline D-Ticket Holder

After dinner take a cab back to your resort. There will be cabs waiting outside AKL. The concierge can get you one if there is not. 15-20 bucks for the ride home. It's worth it. It's a short ride. You will be tired the first night and your belly will be full. Trust me... get the cab.
    Walt is the man, Mickey is the mouse but Minnie is THE WOMAN