Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Transportation Discuss Magical Express/Allegiant Air in the Vacation Planning forums; I thought I would ask my expert Disney friends before I flounder on the phone! I am driving to Orlando on a weekend. My husband is flying to meet the ...
    smith913 is offline Fastpass Holder

Magical Express/Allegiant Air

I thought I would ask my expert Disney friends before I flounder on the phone! I am driving to Orlando on a weekend. My husband is flying to meet the kids and I on a Monday. He has a one-way ticket and will have no luggage. I will take his things with me. With a reservation, can he still use the Magical Express? Should he? Would it be better to just take a cab to the parks? Do you guys know what the taxi's price range is from the Orlando airport to the parks? Again, as always, thank you for your help!!
    Samantha

October 2005 - All Star Movies, October 2006 - Pop Century, October 2008 - Pop Century, October 2009 - Pop Century, October 2011 - Pop Century

SevenSeasLagoon is offline E-Ticket Holder

Re: Magical Express/Allegiant Air

Quote Originally Posted by smith913 View Post
    I thought I would ask my expert Disney friends before I flounder on the phone! I am driving to Orlando on a weekend. My husband is flying to meet the kids and I on a Monday. He has a one-way ticket and will have no luggage. I will take his things with me. With a reservation, can he still use the Magical Express? Should he? Would it be better to just take a cab to the parks? Do you guys know what the taxi's price range is from the Orlando airport to the parks? Again, as always, thank you for your help!!
    Allegiant Air does not fly into OIA. It uses Sanford/Orlando airport and Magical Express doesn't service the Sanford airport. Your choices are a shuttle or a car rental.

Oh! Well . . . that definitely answers my question! Thanks!!
    Samantha

October 2005 - All Star Movies, October 2006 - Pop Century, October 2008 - Pop Century, October 2009 - Pop Century, October 2011 - Pop Century

Are you flying from Knoxville or TRI? We have used Allegiant from both of those airports.

Heading in from Chattanooga! I researched several transportation services from Orlando Sanford to Disney. I think we will use a company that was recommended from a writer on the Passporter site. Some places charge up to $140!! I found 2 for $70 and under. Whew! Didn't want to rent a car, because I will have ours with me. My husband will just meet us at Pop Century or a park. Have you ever used the transportation services from this airport?
    Samantha

You could rent a car and return it the next day. It might be cheaper if you use a code from mousesavers. com. There are hotels on property that you can return a car to, I know the Swan and Dolphin rent cars but I'm not sure which company they have. Alamo can be returned at the Car Care Center near the MK. We had to switch rental cars once. We had rented from Dollar and my DH took it back to one of the DTD resorts.

We have never used any transportation from Sanford except for a rental car. We never go to WDW without a car to use.

The Dolphin has a rental car desk for National and Alamo.

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by SevenSeasLagoon View Post
    Allegiant Air does not fly into OIA. It uses Sanford/Orlando airport and Magical Express doesn't service the Sanford airport. Your choices are a shuttle or a car rental.
    Glad to know that! We were trying to get tickets for Allegiant to Orlando. Kinda changes my plans now.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by firemedic View Post
    Glad to know that! We were trying to get tickets for Allegiant to Orlando. Kinda changes my plans now.
    But the good news was that my husband's ticket was only $39.00 + taxes made it $63ish. We found a shuttle (one way) for seventy. Not too bad considering many of the prices I was quoted. I was disappointed that we could not use the Magical Express, though. We just don't have a ton of flight choices where we live.
    Samantha