Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Transportation Discuss Resort Hopping in the Vacation Planning forums; What is the best way to get from resort to resort? I know some are on the monorail, but what about the ones that are not?...
    Be11e is offline C-Ticket Holder

Resort Hopping

What is the best way to get from resort to resort? I know some are on the monorail, but what about the ones that are not?
    Next Trip: January 2012
    All-Star Sports for Marathon Weekend
    2010 - Saratoga Springs
    2009 - Pop Century
    2004 - All-Star Music
    2004 - Disney Cruise Line, Magic
    2001 - All-Star Music
    1998 - Disneyland
    1990 - Carribean Resort

cindirella13 is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Resort Hopping

Most of the time you have to go to one of the parks to get on a bus to go another resort. There aren't really any buses that go from resort to resort. You used to be able to go to the TTC and take a bus to anywhere, but now its only to the parks and water parks.
    Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas!
    1987 Fort Wilderness 1990 Polynesian
    1992 Fort Wilderness 1993 Disneyland
    1995 Fort Wilderness 1996 All Star Music
    1998 Contemporary 2003 All Star Movies
    2006 All Star Sports 2009 Pop Century

What about after the parks close though, can you still use the parks as a transfer? Or is DTD your only real option?
    2010 - Saratoga Springs
    2009 - Pop Century
    2004 - All-Star Music
    2001 - All-Star Music
    1998 - Disneyland
    1990 - Carribean Resort

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

DTD might work, but back up with a plan for a cab if you don't have your own car.

cindirella13 is offline A-Ticket holder

I would def have a back up plan. The last time we were there, we were at one of the bars at Pop Century and a guy was complaining to a cast member that the night before he had been at DTD til about 1am and got stuck there. I guess the buses had stopped running sooner than they were supposed to and he ended up having to pay for a cab.
    Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas!
    1987 Fort Wilderness 1990 Polynesian
    1992 Fort Wilderness 1993 Disneyland
    1995 Fort Wilderness 1996 All Star Music
    1998 Contemporary 2003 All Star Movies
    2006 All Star Sports 2009 Pop Century

disneyfun55 is offline C-Ticket Holder

To do resort hopping right, you really gotta plan it all out - here is my suggestion:

1) Head to MK and then hit the three that are on the monorail line in this order - Poly, GF, and then the Contemporary.
    2) Catch the boat launch from the Contemporary to Wilderness Lodge. You can then catch a boat launch to Fort Wilderness if you want to go there.
    3)Catch a bus to DTD or take the boat launch back to MK. Then take a bus to Boardwalk, Yacht, or Beach club resorts. Do the loop there. You can also walk to Swan & Dolphin hotels.
    4) Catch the boat launch at any of those 3 resorts to Hollywood Studios and then take a bus to Animal Kingdom Lodge. You can also walk from the Boardwalk to Hollywood Studios, but it is a pretty good walk and takes as long as the boat.
    5) Catch bus to DTD and from there to your home resort.

All of this is contingent on the time frame and park hours. If you are attempting to do any of the steps after 8:00 PM, be aware that you may end up stranded and might have to call a cab. Pay particular attention to MK and HS hours as the boat, monorail, and bus service to those parks will end about 1 hour after park closing.

If you find yourself stranded at a park, you could try contacting the security patrols in that area as I have heard that they might call a bus or some other form of WDW transportation, but I would not count on it.

Have fun!
    Last edited by disneyfun55; 03-17-2010 at 05:07 PM.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

The best way we found is to use your own car, if you are hopping to several resorts it will get very costly to use a cab and it will take forever with the busses.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Does anyone know if you could walk from DTD to OKW?
    2010 - Saratoga Springs
    2009 - Pop Century
    2004 - All-Star Music
    2001 - All-Star Music
    1998 - Disneyland
    1990 - Carribean Resort

disneyfun55 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Be11e View Post
    Is it possible to walk to DTD from OKW - yes, it is physically possible as they are pretty close. Is it recommended, not at all. There are no sidewalks along Buena Vista Dr and the only other way would be to cut across the golf course, which I am sure would be frowned upon.

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfun55 View Post
    To do resort hopping right, you really gotta plan it all out - here is my suggestion:

1) Head to MK and then hit the three that are on the monorail line in this order - Poly, GF, and then the Contemporary.
    2) Catch the boat launch from the Contemporary to Wilderness Lodge. You can then catch a boat launch to Fort Wilderness if you want to go there.
    3)Catch a bus to DTD or take the boat launch back to MK. Then take a bus to Boardwalk, Yacht, or Beach club resorts. Do the loop there. You can also walk to Swan & Dolphin hotels.
    4) Catch the boat launch at any of those 3 resorts to Hollywood Studios and then take a bus to Animal Kingdom Lodge. You can also walk from the Boardwalk to Hollywood Studios, but it is a pretty good walk and takes as long as the boat.
    5) Catch bus to DTD and from there to your home resort.

Have fun!
    This is pretty much what I did on my last trip, except not all on the same day. We took the bus to the MK and then took the monorail around and visited all those resorts, and took the boat over to the Wilderness Lodge. The MK was open until 12 that day and so buses were running till 1am (it was extended an hour due to it being so busy, we wouldn't have known but the boat driver made an announcement).

The next day we had breakfast at Ohana, and so we took the monorail to the MK, and caught a bus to the boardwalk where we visited the boardwalk, yacht and beach club, swan and dolphin.

Those were all we did on that trip, but it took a lot of time, especially with all the travelling time factored in. The only other resort that I thought was worth the bus rides to visit was AK lodge, but we didn't have the time on this trip. I wouldn't plan on visiting them all on one day though.. we always make reservations for a meal at one or two and then visit all the ones around it.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfun55 View Post
    Is it possible to walk to DTD from OKW - yes, it is physically possible as they are pretty close. Is it recommended, not at all. There are no sidewalks along Buena Vista Dr and the only other way would be to cut across the golf course, which I am sure would be frowned upon.
    Good to know. I know you can walk from Saratoga Springs because I've done that before, and I knew that OKW was near DTD so I didn't know if they had a path too, but since they don't, I won't even bother. I'll probably be too tired for walking the parks anyways, haha. Thanks.
    2010 - Saratoga Springs
    2009 - Pop Century
    2004 - All-Star Music
    2001 - All-Star Music
    1998 - Disneyland
    1990 - Carribean Resort

1 small world is offline C-Ticket Holder

Don't forget to check out the car rental codes on mousesavers.com

I got an 8 day rental for $111.00
    totally worth it to go at my own speed and not wait for buses!

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Be11e View Post
    I've only walked from Saratoga to DTD.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

disneyfun55 has it pretty much down... But are you going to try to hit all the resorts in one day...?

if not... why dont you try to hit all the resorts on the monorail, and Wilderness one night...

Boardwalk, beach and yacht club another...

base it on which parks you are at that day... and use it as a relax pt. rather than going all the way back to your hotel...

i mean its real tough these days to go swimming in the other pools... but ... it can be done...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Oh no, I don't plan on hitting them all in one day, and probably won't be able to hit them all at all. We're only going down for a few days and will be so tired after the parks that we'll probably just go back to our resort, but on the day that we arrive and on the day we depart we have some time to hit up DDT and some resorts. We'll probably just take the bus to MK and hop on the monorail, or something. Thanks for all the input.
    2010 - Saratoga Springs
    2009 - Pop Century
    2004 - All-Star Music
    2001 - All-Star Music
    1998 - Disneyland
    1990 - Carribean Resort