Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Transportation Discuss visitor center in the Vacation Planning forums; 2 odd questions.... 1 - Does the Disney travel center/visitor center still exist? If so where? 2 - Is there still a WDW radio station you can listen to in ...
    tmlinz is offline E-Ticket Holder

visitor center

2 odd questions....

1 - Does the Disney travel center/visitor center still exist? If so where?

2 - Is there still a WDW radio station you can listen to in northern FL when driving to the world?
    The happiest place on earth is where my kids are!

Serkazong is offline Keep to the code.

Re: visitor center

I'm going to say no to both questions, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe the visitor center closed down shortly after the park officially opened in '71.

I remember the radio station as a kid riding down with my parents. I'd start pestering Dad to try and find it as soon as we got to Lake City! There have been some threads on these forums about it and some have even transfered their old "jam box" casette tape recordings of the loop to downloadable files.

GUNMETALSCION is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Serkazong View Post
    I'm going to say no to both questions, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe the visitor center closed down shortly after the park officially opened in '71.

I remember the radio station as a kid riding down with my parents. I'd start pestering Dad to try and find it as soon as we got to Lake City! There have been some threads on these forums about it and some have even transfered their old "jam box" casette tape recordings of the loop to downloadable files.
    I live in south GA .....when I was a kid if the weather was right I could pick up the radio station .....I would love a copy of these broadcasts can anyone point me in the right direction

the vistor center was in Ocala just off the interstate don't know if its still there or not

Quote Originally Posted by GUNMETALSCION View Post
    I live in south GA .....when I was a kid if the weather was right I could pick up the radio station .....I would love a copy of these broadcasts can anyone point me in the right direction

the vistor center was in Ocala just off the interstate don't know if its still there or not

Try this:

A special treat- Download links to mp3s of "Disney Radio"- complete loops :)

Hopefully, this gets you there. If not, I'll keep looking.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Closed in the Summer of 2006. Ramada Then.

Few pictures:

Disney World's Welcome Center Located in Ocala Florida is long gone but not forgotten

GUNMETALSCION is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Closed in the Summer of 2006. Ramada Then.

Few pictures:

Disney World's Welcome Center Located in Ocala Florida is long gone but not forgotten
    thats awsome.............we always stopped here on the way down....I never thought to take any pics... but I'm glad someone did ...thanks