Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Transportation Discuss Magic Express Addition in the Vacation Planning forums; We're adding an adult midway through our stay at the Contemporary. The additional fees for hotel, tickets & meals will be paid seperately as we cannot add to the main ...
    VivaWDW.com is offline B-Ticket Holder

Magic Express Addition

We're adding an adult midway through our stay at the Contemporary. The additional fees for hotel, tickets & meals will be paid seperately as we cannot add to the main package. However, is it possible to arrange DME transport for the additional adult to the airport to catch the same flight?
    Mario P.
    o VivaWDW.com : My Personal/Random WDW Musings o

5/'11 :9 Days @ Contemporary Tower - TPV | Star Wars Weekends
    6/'10 :8 Days @ Contemporary Tower - TPV | Star Wars Weekends
    8/'09 :7 Days @ All Star Movies - Toy Story
    10/'07 :6 Days @ All Star Movies - Fantasia | MNSSHP
    10/'06 :5 Days @ All Star Movies - Dalmations | MNSSHP

Re: Magic Express Addition

Wow 65 views and no stabs at this one... Very elusive, that is why I posted it. The good news is that around 40 views (and no responses) I realized I need to be more proactive.

I found the hotline (Disney Magical Express Guest Services, (866) 599-0951) and was on hold for about 15 minutes.

The telephone rep was very courteous and super helpful. I explained the situation and she informed me that once I notify the front desk of the arrival of the additional adult (ASAP), they will assist me in making arrangements for not only the trip to the hotel back the return trip as well.

The fact that the adult will be checking into the hotel and paying for the additional room rate ($25.00/night) makes her eligible for the magical express regardless if she is not on the full vacation package... Joy.

I hope this helps others and is highly coincidental that Lou's show last week was about DME.
    Mario P.

Carolla is offline C-Ticket Holder

Sorry I didn't notice this because from my past expereince if you have added the guest to your room is the key. Then you can give them DME. Also remember they need at least 24 hours notice so since it sounds like you aren't adding the extra adult until you arrive make sure you call DME within the window. They will give you a "reservation" code since there won't be time for the packet to be mailed. Make sure your traveler has that. (They couldn't find my boyfriend once, but when he pulled out the code they let him on the bus )

(And sadly this was the ONLY WDWRadio I was a little disappointed in. They made more "errors" then Lou usually does, so don't depend competely on the show but do some reasearch.)

Just got back and here is how it went down: I went to the front desk 2 days early (before my addition's arrival) after some discussion with the front desk clerk, I was informed that I needed to add her the day of her arrival and that there would not be provided a confirmation/reservation number. The reasoning was that as soon as the guest is added to the room the co$t start to incur, so it's better to wait until the "day of arrival". Secondarily, the guest is added to the 'system' so DME was able to perform a look up when she checked in at the airport. The DME information left on the door right before our stay was completed was updated with the addition... it was all smooth sailing.
    Mario P.