Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Transportation Discuss Fewer guests using Disney’s Magical Express in the Vacation Planning forums; Also, more and more people are driving there as well...when I was there in November for my cousin's wedding, my parents stayed at Bonnet Creek (like usual, timeshare owners) and ...
    N.J.boy@N.C.St. is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Fewer guests using Disney’s Magical Express

Also, more and more people are driving there as well...when I was there in November for my cousin's wedding, my parents stayed at Bonnet Creek (like usual, timeshare owners) and only moved over to the Contemporary for the night before and night of the wedding since the reception was there...so they rented a car obviously...I used the Magical Express because I was only there that Friday night to Sunday afternoon, and I was literally the only one on it that night heading to the Contemporary (and very few others going to other resorts)...but the moral is that the lot was filled with just as many out-of-state cars as well as Florida plates and rentals...and it just so happened to be N.J.'s teachers convention weekend so they were quite a number of people from N.J. who did drive

It really is worth it, though, if you're flying...but many more people are now just driving
    Last edited by N.J.boy@N.C.St.; 01-03-2011 at 12:12 PM.
    Follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/NJboyatNCstate

June 1997, July 2002, August 2005, August 2006, February 2008, July 2008, August 2008, June 2009, July 2010, November 2010, July 2011

2011 Trip Report:
    Part 1: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...nto-parks.html
    Part 2: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...7-23-11-a.html
    Part 3: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...24-7-26-a.html
    Part 4: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...e-already.html

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

we took mears to universal when we went and it was included in my universal ticket.. and i hated it.. would have much rather took a taxi or rented a car.. because of the time we spent waitin on the mears bus. it was late that morning and we wasted 1 hour waiting on a bus to show up. then when you get ready to go home you have to call a hr ahead and sch a pick up and then again you have to wait on a bus to go back to your resort. and we seen a buffalo wild wings and wanted it so bad.. but didnt wanna chance taking a taxi and it being super high. we will be renting a car next time for sure
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Cortini is offline Annual Passholder

My Family and I go every year to WDW over spring break. Now that everything is a lot of $$$ for flying we now drive to WDW. We drive for OK city, OK we drive it in 2 days and we save $$ so that means we can spend more in the parks. The one down side is that we lose almost 3 days time in the parks and it seems like i take forever to get there and back home. However i have used the magical express and one problem we had with it is that we got in late like midnight or later and we did not receive our luggage that night because they said they do not deliver it after a certain time we did not now that so that night we were without our luggage.
    D23 Charter Member~Castaway Club Member~DVC Member @ Wilderness Lodge & Saratoga Springs~Pin Trader~Vinylmation Collector

"A wish is a powerful thing especially when it comes from the heart."

Finally figured out most of my travel histoy!
    2012- March- 4 nights at Wilderness Lodge then 3 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2011- March- 5 nights at Treehouse Villas then 2 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2010- March- 6 nights at Saratoga Springs then 1 night at Bay Lake Tower.
    2010- July- 7 nights at Saratoga Springs.
    2009- March- 9 nights at Boardwalk Villas.

2009- October- 2 nigths at Dolphin then
    Disney Wonder- 3-Night Bahamian Cruise (w/ a friend who I met on the Magic cruise)
    2008- March- Disney Magic- 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise (1st cruise ever)
    2008- November- 5 nights at Coronado Springs
    2007- March- 9 nights at Wilderness
    2007- November- 2 nights at Swan
    2006-1998 Yearly Trips sometimes two trips a year at various resorts which are the following(resort (# of times not previously stated))-
    Saratoga Springs (1), Contemporary( Tower (1), Garden Wing (2 i think)), All-Star Movies(1 night then on the another hotel), All- Star Music (1), Wilderness Lodge (Lodge (1), Villas (?)) Coronado Springs (1), Animal Kingdom Lodge (1)

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Know that feeling...late flight & then delayed. ME running late too.

430 AM I had a bell hop knocking on my door with our luggage.

Fortunately we travel with a change of clothes, jammies, bathing suit and toiletries in our backpacks. I worked for the airlines in my early life...always carry-on stuff.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

bater8slater is offline Annual Passholder

If I were to go to Disney anytime soon I would definitely rent a car... I don't mind the bus themselves or the drivers..... but sometimes you could be waiting either 5 minutes or 20 minutes... and other times you could have loud kids.... I think renting a car would be a lot easier... And I think I would drive from the airport to Disney with the luggage in the rental car

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12