Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: How do you the monorail to look?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Transportation Discuss Monorails: They way they are or decorated? in the Vacation Planning forums; With the removal of the tron overlay on the coral monorail i started to think about the way disney decorates the outsides of their monorail. They seem to decorate the ...
    Cortini is offline Annual Passholder

Monorails: They way they are or decorated?

With the removal of the tron overlay on the coral monorail i started to think about the way disney decorates the outsides of their monorail. They seem to decorate the monorails with the theme of that year or something new that has come out. Like the tron wrap, the balloons on the windows orthe year of a million dreams monorails or when they put stitch on them for the open of stitch great escape or when the put those circle logos of what was new in the park during happiest celebration on earth.

It got me thinking about if i like the simple decor or if i just like the monorail being just the monorail with no added decor. I decided that disney just needs to leave the monorail alone it is glory without the added stuff to it. So i was wondering how everyone else felt about the matter.
    D23 Charter Member~Castaway Club Member~DVC Member @ Wilderness Lodge & Saratoga Springs~Pin Trader~Vinylmation Collector

"A wish is a powerful thing especially when it comes from the heart."

Finally figured out most of my travel histoy!
    2012- March- 4 nights at Wilderness Lodge then 3 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2011- March- 5 nights at Treehouse Villas then 2 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2010- March- 6 nights at Saratoga Springs then 1 night at Bay Lake Tower.
    2010- July- 7 nights at Saratoga Springs.
    2009- March- 9 nights at Boardwalk Villas.

2009- October- 2 nigths at Dolphin then
    Disney Wonder- 3-Night Bahamian Cruise (w/ a friend who I met on the Magic cruise)
    2008- March- Disney Magic- 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise (1st cruise ever)
    2008- November- 5 nights at Coronado Springs
    2007- March- 9 nights at Wilderness
    2007- November- 2 nights at Swan
    2006-1998 Yearly Trips sometimes two trips a year at various resorts which are the following(resort (# of times not previously stated))-
    Saratoga Springs (1), Contemporary( Tower (1), Garden Wing (2 i think)), All-Star Movies(1 night then on the another hotel), All- Star Music (1), Wilderness Lodge (Lodge (1), Villas (?)) Coronado Springs (1), Animal Kingdom Lodge (1)

PAdisneygirl is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: Monorails: They way they are or decorated?

Quote Originally Posted by Cortini View Post
    With the removal of the tron overlay on the coral monorail i started to think about the way disney decorates the outsides of their monorail. They seem to decorate the monorails with the theme of that year or something new that has come out. Like the tron wrap, the balloons on the windows orthe year of a million dreams monorails or when they put stitch on them for the open of stitch great escape or when the put those circle logos of what was new in the park during happiest celebration on earth.

It got me thinking about if i like the simple decor or if i just like the monorail being just the monorail with no added decor. I decided that disney just needs to leave the monorail alone it is glory without the added stuff to it. So i was wondering how everyone else felt about the matter.
    I don't mind simple add-ons here and there but I really really don't like the full wraps!!!!
    --------

@kathrynlynch on twitter

always looking for WDW fans to interact with, and if you live in PA/NJ that's even better!

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I'd just prefer the simple plain monorails. The ads on the buses are annoying enough.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

I like the occasional simple decor but not on every single monorail and not every for every event. Like i liked the stitch decor (because stitch is a favorite charater of mine) but i was not a big fan of the mickey ear balloons. and i kinda liked the year of a million year nose jobs but it on only one or two monorails was fine just not on every single one
    D23 Charter Member~Castaway Club Member~DVC Member @ Wilderness Lodge & Saratoga Springs~Pin Trader~Vinylmation Collector

Disney Wonder- 3-Night Bahamian Cruise (w/ a friend who I met on the Magic cruise)
    2006-1998 Yearly Trips sometimes two trips a year at various resorts which are the following(resort (# of times not previously stated))-
    Saratoga Springs (1), Contemporary( Tower (1), Garden Wing (2 i think)), All-Star Movies(1 night then on the another hotel), All- Star Music (1), Wilderness Lodge (Lodge (1), Villas (?)) Coronado Springs (1), Animal Kingdom Lodge (1)

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

i prefer the original style...classic and timeless!!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

I have a mixed opinion over this one. I thought the Tronorails were really fun to look at and were a bit of a novelty, but it's not something I would want to see on EVERY visit. The occasional over-lay on the odd monorail is fine, but as long it's not overdone and used to promote EVERY things that Disney does/releases.
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

Stitchgirl1 is offline B-Ticket Holder

I don't mind either way but I do have one rule, I refuse to ride monorail teal. I know Disney likes to be eco-friendly but I don't think they should have built it from salvaged parts from the accident in which that young man died. It may just be me being weird but I just don't agree with them doing that.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchgirl1 View Post
    I don't mind either way but I do have one rule, I refuse to ride monorail teal. I know Disney likes to be eco-friendly but I don't think they should have built it from salvaged parts from the accident in which that young man died. It may just be me being weird but I just don't agree with them doing that.
    Even more reason to ride it, I'd say. Plus, I'm not going to willingly let a monorail go by and wait another 20 minutes at the end of the night when I'm exhausted and just want to get home.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

I ride monorail teal because teal is one of my favorite colors!! Yes it is sad how teal came to be but Disney needed another monorail and if thats what they have to do then by all means do it.

weepstah is offline C-Ticket Holder

I voted for keeping them as-is, but the occasional small scale overlay is ok with me.