Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Transportation Discuss Ground Transportation - parks and cruise in the Vacation Planning forums; Hello All, I am taking a cruise on the Disney Dream in September. Very excited for my first Disney Cruise! In the interest of going low budget, I am trying ...
    redshoz999 is offline A-Ticket holder

Ground Transportation - parks and cruise

Hello All,

I am taking a cruise on the Disney Dream in September. Very excited for my first Disney Cruise! In the interest of going low budget, I am trying to arrange my hotel and ground transportation outside of the Disney Cruise website.

The Cruise is Sunday afternoon through Thursday morning. I'll need transportation from an airport (Orlando International) hotel to Port Canaveral on Sunday. After the cruise on Thursday, I'd like transportation from Port Canaveral to a Hotel on Hotel Plaza Blvd in Disney World. (Using loyalty program points to stay for free rather than staying at a Disney Hotel.) After a day in the parks, we'll depart Friday morning and need transportation from the hotel back to the Airport.

Any thoughts about the most efficient and cost effective way to do this?

Thanks,
    Matt

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Ground Transportation - parks and cruise

We used happy limo: Orlando Florida limousine service-Happy Limousine

There were 6 of us, and on the way there we got a limo and it was the same price as the Disney transfer... and they upgraded us to a Lincoln Navigator limo for free! Then on the way home we just had a van which was MUCH cheaper than the Disney transfer bus... and they upgraded us to the same limo for free again! I highly recommend happy limo!! Plus there was water and soda provided to us, and they had Toy Story 3 playing for us when we got in and then Despicable Me for the way home. They also picked us up nice and early and we ended up being the 3rd group to board the ship

There were a few coupons around the internet for them as well...

"MouseSavers readers can use Code MS5569 and receive $5 off roundtrip luxury sedan or van service or $10 off roundtrip stretch limo service between MCO and Orlando/WDW area hotels from Happy Limo. You can give the code when calling to reserve at (877) 642-7791 or (407) 856-1280, or put it in the comments section when booking online at HappyLimo.com.

MouseSavers readers can also get a discount of $10.00 off the roundtrip rates for a Hummerzine transfer between MCO and Orlando/WDW area hotels. To get the discount, use Code MS5569 when calling to reserve at (877) 642-7791 or (407) 856-1280, or put it in the comments section when booking online at HappyLimo.com."

The limo was awesome, but you can certainly take a van or car instead. I'm not sure how many people are in your party, so it could be that with only one or two people it's cheaper to rent a car? I do recommend happy limo though... plus they pick you up and drop you off so there's no dealing with getting a car and parking it while you're on the cruise.

monorailbob is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Ground Transportation - parks and cruise

We are taking Happy Limo for our trip next month from Disney to the Port and then to the airport when the cruise is done. There are 6 of us and it was a good savings over taking Disney transportation. We took Happy Limo in 2004 before Magical Express and had excellent service.