Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Transportation Discuss Can't use Magical Express?!? in the Vacation Planning forums; Ugh, I'm so frustrated. I had read on several websites that Disney's Magical Express was available to all guests staying at a WDW resort. I just booked a trip for ...
    AllieBee is offline D-Ticket Holder

Can't use Magical Express?!?

Ugh, I'm so frustrated. I had read on several websites that Disney's Magical Express was available to all guests staying at a WDW resort. I just booked a trip for my daughter and me in late January. Because we already have non-expiring tickets, we opted to book only a hotel room and found a too-amazing-to-pass-up price for Pop Century at hotels.com.

I booked the hotel and airfare independently and then called WDW-INFO and was told that we can not use the Magical Express because we did not purchase a vacation package. That's not what I had read, although the places I read this information was not an official Disney site. But it's still very disappointing!

I was planning on using Disney transportation during our stay so I don't see any reason to rent a car, plus I don't want to pay for parking. But what options do I have now to get to and from the airport? Should I consider a car-rental? Can I get a great price on Priceline.com or somewhere similar?

I would really appreciate your thoughts on this. I have this trip planned on a SUPER-tight budget and this is throwing a wrench into my plans. I had not planned on paying for transportation.

Thanks, everyone!
    October, 2003 - Wilderness Lodge
    January, 2006 - Disney Magic
    January, 2007 - Windsor Hills Resort
    October, 2007 - Bonnet Creek Resort
    January, 2008 - Disney Magic
    January, 2010 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28-February 5, 2011 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 12-January 15, 2012 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28 -January 31, 2012 - Pop Century

Read my pre-trip report!
    http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html

2tinners is offline Mike Wazowski

Re: Can't use Magical Express?!?

Good morning would you consider a Mears bus to and from the airport, not sure of the cost but I am sure it would be cheaper than a rental car. The you could use Disney transportation on your stay
    Love Disney. I hope to go next spring with the whole family.

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder

I have booked room only reservations and used ME. I'm not sure if this is a change or what. I thought anyone staying on WDW property was allowed to use ME. I would call disney back and give them your reservation number and ask why you can't use ME.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder

For fun. I just got a quote on a room only reservation for pop century with ME on Disney.com so I don't know if it has something to do with how you
    booked your reservation. I would definitely call disney.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

I've used ME on room only reservations. In fact, I just booked ME on a room that a friend booked and added me to. I would call Disney and double check it.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

This doesn't sound right. My family flew down to WDW in March with a room only reservation and used ME with no problems. My best friend did the same thing about two weeks before my family. I would call back.

When you log into disneyworld.com and retrieve your reservations isn't there an option to edit them right there? I could be wrong, but I believe you can add ground transportation right there...you may not even have to call.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Thom Morrow is offline B-Ticket Holder

It sounds like you got a special rate through hotels.com that would leave you ineligible for ME since you did not book it at the WDW package price. That would be my first thought given the information you provided.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I booked my DS room, room only and heavily discounted. Disney Res gave me the number to book and confirm his ME reservation.

I booked him at the WDW hotel specifically because of the ME.

The direct number to the CM's for ME is 866-599-0951. They told me because I booked very last minute if he didn't show up on the roster (which he did) the CM at the ME would take his WDW Hotel reservation number, so keep that with you.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

tmlinz is offline E-Ticket Holder

It might depend upon your airline. Not all airlines are eligible for ME.
    The happiest place on earth is where my kids are!

Yeah, I mentioned in my original post that I booked the hotel room at Pop Century at Hotels.com. Is that why I can't use ME? Is it because I don't have a Disney reservation number?

I do appreciate everyone's help, though! The price of the hotel room only through hotels.com was almost $100 less expensive than to book directly through Disney reservations, so I couldn't pass it up. Although if it's going to cost me almost $100 to rent a car or take a shuttle, it's hardly worth it.

Ah well, I'll keep searching. Thanks, everyone!

Read my pre-trip report!

OK, now I'm confused. I just looked at my hotels.com confirmation and the "fine print" underneath the reservation says:

"Guests must pre-book Disney's Magical Express, a complimentary transfer from the Orlando airport to the hotel. Visit Walt Disney World Resort - Detecting Browser Properties . . . for registration. This service picks up and delivers luggage directly to guestrooms for those arriving between 5 AM - 10 PM. Guests must claim their own bags after hours."

So then I went to the link to register and it allowed me to enter my hotels.com reservation number and continue all the way through the process. So I guess that maybe I can use the Magical Express even though I didn't book through WDW Reservations.

Perhaps the CM I spoke with last night didn't have the correct information? I'm so confused now!

Read my pre-trip report!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by AllieBee View Post
    OK, now I'm confused. I just looked at my hotels.com confirmation and the "fine print" underneath the reservation says:

"Guests must pre-book Disney's Magical Express, a complimentary transfer from the Orlando airport to the hotel. Visit Walt Disney World Resort - Detecting Browser Properties . . . for registration. This service picks up and delivers luggage directly to guestrooms for those arriving between 5 AM - 10 PM. Guests must claim their own bags after hours."

So then I went to the link to register and it allowed me to enter my hotels.com reservation number and continue all the way through the process. So I guess that maybe I can use the Magical Express even though I didn't book through WDW Reservations. !
    Im really think the booking person was clueless.

Take your reservation number with you but with your final paperwork will be magic express luggage tags. I dont use them anymore, I like claiming my luggage from airline and off bus so I have it when I check in. In 2007 the last time I used bellhop ME room delivery, they knocked on my door at 4am. They dont do that anymore but then after hours you have to wait until morning for your luggage. Mine has wheels so no biggie to put it under bus myself.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

There was a time when they wouldn't allow guests at Swan/Dolphin to use ME, either. But now that Disney has more say in the operation (the installations of gift shops was the first clue), they are part of the service.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

OK, got my final answer, I called the number that HauntedGabe provided - THANK YOU!! - and was told that the person who told me I couldn't use the service was incorrect. She verified all my information and we are set to go! Hooray!!

Read my pre-trip report!