Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Transportation Discuss So, what's Disney's Magical Express like? in the Vacation Planning forums; Just curious, in case we actually get to use it during our upcoming trip (see my other post in this area). What is the ME like? Do they show cartoons ...
    AllieBee is offline D-Ticket Holder

So, what's Disney's Magical Express like?

Just curious, in case we actually get to use it during our upcoming trip (see my other post in this area). What is the ME like? Do they show cartoons or movies? Is there a CM on the bus who talks and answers questions? Is a tip acceptable to give? Sorry, it will be our first time on the ME.

Thanks!
    October, 2003 - Wilderness Lodge
    January, 2006 - Disney Magic
    January, 2007 - Windsor Hills Resort
    October, 2007 - Bonnet Creek Resort
    January, 2008 - Disney Magic
    January, 2010 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28-February 5, 2011 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 12-January 15, 2012 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28 -January 31, 2012 - Pop Century

Read my pre-trip report!
    http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: So, what's Disney's Magical Express like?

Tips are expected. There is signs up front, not very Disney. CMs put you on bus but the bus and driver belong to Mears. The movie is a Disney infomercial that can be cute or annoying depending on your trip to that point.

We have had good drivers and horrible. We have had excellent ME trips and horrid. There isnt an additional charge, built into your room price so I use it.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I always prefer the ones who are quiet. I don't want a bunch of nutty midwestern families who are already annoying to sit next to getting riled up by a psycho bus driver who tries to start sing-alongs.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

I enjoyed it, for my wife and I walking up to ME at the airport was almost euphoric, it made us feel like we had already arrived at Disney right out of the gate.

The buses are typical charter buses and there really is nothing special about the ride other than watching the promotional video on your trip, but it really helps to build up the anticipation I think.

Quote Originally Posted by StewbotTalborg View Post
    The buses are typical charter buses and there really is nothing special about the ride other than watching the promotional video on your trip, but it really helps to build up the anticipation I think.
    I guess Disney just painted over the "Mears" on the side of the bus.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I always prefer the ones who are quiet. I don't want a bunch of nutty midwestern families who are already annoying to sit next to getting riled up by a psycho bus driver who tries to start sing-alongs.
    Wow!

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

minnietoo is offline Loving wife of Disney Store CM!!

I love the magical express service - we have used it several times already - there is usually not a long wait for the buses. It is wonderful knowing that you don't have to worry about how are you getting to the resort.

Disney05 is online now Premium Annual Passholder

We always use it. As soon as the video starts, that's our arrived moment. On occasion, we've had to sit on the bus for at least 30 minutes before we get going to the resort. We don't rent a car while there so it's the cheapest way to get back and forth to the airport. Be advised, when going home, the bus picks you up about 3hrs prior to your flights departure. So if you have an early flight home, the bus will come to the resort in the wee hours of the morning.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Wow!
    Wow nothing. Have you ridden before? You can't tell me I'm wrong.

I don't want a bunch of nutty midwestern families who are already annoying to sit next to getting riled up by a psycho bus driver who tries to start sing-alongs.
    Wow nothing. Have you ridden before? You can't tell me I'm wrong.
    You want me, a Midwesterner, to validate your inflammatory characterization of an entire geographic demographic of the United States?

Wow, again.

Thank you for making my point

flutter is offline Moderator

Thank you for making my point
    your point was how rude you are?

I_am_back is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

No, and I was never trying to be rude. Just saying that the bus ride can be a bit hectic and frazzling. You spend countless hours at the airport, the flight, then getting over to get your luggage. I just want to relax on my way to the resort, not have to be surrounded by riled up children. Chances are there were a few screaming behind me and in front of me on the flight, whether it's out out of bordom or their little ears hurting.

N.J.boy@N.C.St. is offline Fastpass Holder

Going to ignore the above and give my ME experience...

I have only been on the ME once, and that was for my cousin's wedding in Disney World, which was a year ago this past weekend. First...I had sprained my ankle the previous day of flying from Raleigh to Orlando (I was flying out late Friday afternoon, wedding Saturday, back to Raleigh sunday afternoon). They were having a dessert party in Epcot that night, and unfortunately I made it at 9:15, with it ending at 9:30 (did get to go through the employee back entrance in Italy, though ); I was literally in Epcot for 15 minutes. Anyway...flight was delayed 45 minutes, the difference of me missing IllumiNations; if it wasn't for them speeding things up, I would probably just had to have waited for my family back at the Contemporary (I also had to wait for a bus designated for the wedding party to bring me into the employee lot at Epcot). I asked if there was any way I could leave immediately so I could drop my bags off at the Contemporary and get to Epcot ASAP. After checking other reservations, about 20 minutes of waiting and I was off...and the ONLY one on that ME. Maybe they felt bad since I had to hobble on a sprained ankle, only in an ace bandage ALL the way from the Southwest Terminal to the ME desks. The driver had some type of hispanic accent, but he was very nice. Let me still watch the video on the way. We got there extremely fast, in like a half hour, which is far less than the ME usually takes to get there, apparently. Either he must've drove faster than normal or took a different route. Rather than slipping him a couple bucks I had prepared, I slipped him a $10...even though all I had was my backpack and a duffle bag, which I had carried on the plane and onto the ME myself.

Just a bit of commentary there...going back to MCO that Sunday afternoon (that sunday which actually was a year ago today) was about a half full ME. Kind of quiet, driver was nice, no problems. Hope my story here helps a bit.
    Follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/NJboyatNCstate

June 1997, July 2002, August 2005, August 2006, February 2008, July 2008, August 2008, June 2009, July 2010, November 2010, July 2011

2011 Trip Report:
    Part 1: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...nto-parks.html
    Part 2: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...7-23-11-a.html
    Part 3: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...24-7-26-a.html
    Part 4: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...e-already.html

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder

its a bus ride ride from the airport to resort, they show a welcome video BUT no castmember on board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast