Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Transportation Discuss Is it time for Disney to Bite the Bullet? in the Vacation Planning forums; Ya, but you can see how many even on the hotel strip, on Disney Property are struggling to stay afloat. Thinking if they still have not sold out a chunk ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Is it time for Disney to Bite the Bullet?

Ya, but you can see how many even on the hotel strip, on Disney Property are struggling to stay afloat.
    Thinking if they still have not sold out a chunk of DVC's at several locations, they might want to ratchet back a bit. The only one I've agreed with lately was finishing Pop Phase 2 and making it for larger families, it was needed.

Any how, the monorail is closed at the moment for its daily shut down. Ya, this works, Noon on a Monday.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...19245901432846
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Yes, I will likely never stay there, but the Art Of Animation Resort was most definitely a great decision. On that we definitely agree.

Right now the lines with the monorail down, even with the buses running is out to the trams, crazy.

Nope, I'm not staying at Animation either, not my kinda thing, neither is the Royal Rooms at POR and I love the Mansion side, just over the top and not at all peaceful.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Must look like it did on Saturday mornings when people actually bought their tickets at the windows.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Ya, but you can see how many even on the hotel strip, on Disney Property are struggling to stay afloat.
    Thinking if they still have not sold out a chunk of DVC's at several locations, they might want to ratchet back a bit. The only one I've agreed with lately was finishing Pop Phase 2 and making it for larger families, it was needed.
    At some point, whether it is on or off property, the hotel industry is going to reach the point of saturation. I know Disney would prefer guests to stay on-property, mainly because they realize that, with the free bus, fewer guests rent cars and will therefore more likely spend more money with the Disney company.

As for DVC, Hilon Head was a disaster. Bay Lake did not sell out as quickly as they anticipated. I realize that there is only so much you can do with that view, but there were times when I was told that everything else was booked but they could offer me a parking lot view and I turned it down. Aulani was clearly meant to be used in tandum with Disneyland. But unless you're doing both CA and HI, it's pretty much a Hawaiian resort that happens to be run by Disney. Same reason HH suffered. If you WANT Disney, GO to Disney. Not to Virginia.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    At some point, whether it is on or off property, the hotel industry is going to reach the point of saturation. I know Disney would prefer guests to stay on-property, mainly because they realize that, with the free bus, fewer guests rent cars and will therefore more likely spend more money with the Disney company.

As for DVC, Hilon Head was a disaster. Bay Lake did not sell out as quickly as they anticipated. I realize that there is only so much you can do with that view, but there were times when I was told that everything else was booked but they could offer me a parking lot view and I turned it down. Aulani was clearly meant to be used in tandum with Disneyland. But unless you're doing both CA and HI, it's pretty much a Hawaiian resort that happens to be run by Disney. Same reason HH suffered. If you WANT Disney, GO to Disney. Not to Virginia.
    you are right... i never understood the point of Hilton Head and even Vero Beach for that matter... Aulani might make a little sense to me at least as i know what I'm getting if i ever decide to go to Hawaii... i know Disney service and Disney flair... but i wouldn't wanna spend extra to stay in Hilton Head... a Holiday Inn would be sufficient...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    you are right... i never understood the point of Hilton Head and even Vero Beach for that matter... Aulani might make a little sense to me at least as i know what I'm getting if i ever decide to go to Hawaii... i know Disney service and Disney flair... but i wouldn't wanna spend extra to stay in Hilton Head... a Holiday Inn would be sufficient...
    Yep you are right. I'm interested to see how Hawaii pans out. Middle of no where and not a whole lot to do at the resort. If you are into sitting on a beach and just chill'n maybe. But Lordie it is so much more expensive than the most upscale resorts in the heart of it all. Hilton a bust and Vero couldn't even be completed. Disney has had their successes and mega failures in their DVC choices. Bay Lake should have been perfect yet they really made some mega mistakes in the units. Oy.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post

As for DVC, Hilon Head/Vero Beach were disasters. Bay Lake did not sell out as quickly as they anticipated. I realize that there is only so much you can do with that view, but there were times when I was told that everything else was booked but they could offer me a parking lot view and I turned it down. Aulani was clearly meant to be used in tandum with Disneyland. But unless you're doing both CA and HI, it's pretty much a Hawaiian resort that happens to be run by Disney. Same reason HH suffered. If you WANT Disney, GO to Disney. Not to Virginia.
    Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Yep you are right. I'm interested to see how Hawaii pans out. Middle of no where and not a whole lot to do at the resort. If you are into sitting on a beach and just chill'n maybe. But Lordie it is so much more expensive than the most upscale resorts in the heart of it all. Hilton a bust and Vero couldn't even be completed. Disney has had their successes and mega failures in their DVC choices. Bay Lake should have been perfect yet they really made some mega mistakes in the units. Oy.
    Sounds like there are a bunch of "right" people 'round here. If we're all so correct, maybe Disney should be calling on us before they make any more bone headed business decisions.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

You're right, they should.

And Dr. Samuel Johnson's right about Olsen Johnson being right.

We will now read from Matthew, Mark, Luke.... And DUCK...!!!
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

Thank you, Joe. Was starting to feel a bit lonely here. Glad someone else gets quality humor when they read it. Good choice - one of my favorite lines from the film, right along with "... fought Dix."
    Last edited by supernova; 03-18-2012 at 08:34 PM.

Mike,
    Always will be a classic film... Just remember to always give your harumph to the mayor...

"This thing is warped...!"
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

Still don't get how that movie is a classic.

In all fairness, I also don't get how Monty Python and the Holy Grail is a classic either. And I love that film. Like most guys my age I can still quote at least 50% of it and likely do no less than once a week.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

We usually quote Blazin' Saddles at least once a month. Usually right before our monthly supervosor's meeting someone, usually me, uses the "save our phoney-baloney jobs" line since our monthly meeting is mostly a "this is how you disappointed us" last month meeting.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345