Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Transportation Discuss "Taking the old rattler"..... in the Vacation Planning forums; We'll be off in a few days headed to WDW on the "old rattler" again.....regular Amtrak of course and using our favorite car service for pick up.....be leaving northeast Ohio ...
    grumpy of ohio is offline C-Ticket Holder

"Taking the old rattler".....we're back....

We'll be off in a few days headed to WDW on the "old rattler" again.....regular Amtrak of course and using our favorite car service for pick up.....be leaving northeast Ohio with temps in the teens amd twenties to enjoy some of that wonderful Florida 80's....

Going is alway a treat, leaving the bitter cold of Ohio and arriving in Kissimmee dressed like northerners....coming home is awful....to snow and ice....

We'll be at our all time favorite WL and since we have AP's, be the second use of them with another trip slated for late July...so getting our moneys worth plus we had a voucher from Amtrak (disruption last trip) and wanted to use it up so this trip will be quite cheap.....

Will report on everything when we return.....so need a break away!!
    Last edited by grumpy of ohio; 01-29-2012 at 11:12 AM. Reason: up date...

Thom Morrow is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: "Taking the old rattler".....

Have a blast and enjoy the shorter lines!

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Weather's been somewhat unpredictable down there recently. Hope you find that sweet spot between the (relatively speaking) cold and heat.

Have fun and we'll await a full trip report.

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

So jealous. I also live in NE Ohio and today was so horrible where I am. Have a really fun trip. I can not wait to hear about it
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Yes, the weather has gone downhill rather dramatically over the last few days in this part of the country. Still nowhere near as bad as last winter, though.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Have a wonderful trip. Highs for the next 10 days are predicted to be between 70 and 80. Perfect weather in my opinion.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Any time you get below 90 in Florida is a good day.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Have a great trip.

Just got back last night.....trip was wonderful.....

Old Amtrak, ran 2 hours late picking us up in Alliance.....and I've just about had enough of the 8 hour layover in DC....they have got to shorten that time....it's a long wait and just a waste of time....

As for the vacation...trip 46, Wilderness Lodge again....room location was great, north side...4th floor inner courtyard....couldn't have been happier...

Transportation was great the whole week along with the weather....80's all week, lows in the mid 60's and the pool for us was too cold to go in but oothers were enjoying it and no rain all week....

Parks were the best, no waits, no lines but we're early risers and off to the parks when they open and leave around noon and go back....

MK a little depressing with the construction....Main Street gets a little jammed with the revamp of the Bakery protruding out in the street then the huge wall all along the back of the park from the HM to the Tea Cups, but it's progress with the expansion of Fantasyland...that will open up alot of park back there....

We don't do dining plans, but we ate everywhere we wanted and seen most of the TS restaurants with tons of open tables so popping in and getting a table was no problem (love having no schedules)

All in all, great trip...though the weather was the worrisome part of going in January but it cooperated but missed using the pool (not a winter WDW vacationeer) we still prefer Sept/Oct....any questions....fire away..

Did you venture into the MK when the President was there?

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Did you venture into the MK when the President was there?
    Saw he was going to be there that Thursday...thought he was going to ***** up our vacation with the security and such but we arrived Saturday afternoon after he left...thank goodness...nothing could be worse than the President impacting my Disney time....and I must say..the parks were empty the days we visited.....so nice to cruise around and get on anything you wanted without waiting in a line....never used a FP the whole trip....

Well you missed the backstage of Main Street USA. Some have never seen.

Security was tight I have heard.