Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Transportation Discuss Route Maps for Buses on Property in the Vacation Planning forums; Are there any available route maps showing To and From and stops in between? I am trying to get from Pop Century to Boma at AKL for breakfast at 8 ...
    Moosmama09 is offline A-Ticket holder

Route Maps for Buses on Property

Are there any available route maps showing To and From and stops in between? I am trying to get from Pop Century to Boma at AKL for breakfast at 8 in the morning.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Route Maps for Buses on Property

Best bet (usually) is to take a bus to the nearest park, or to the TTC (though to Boma, that's a bit far). Buses do not usually make stops (most resorts have their own dedicated bus lines, though some share, if they are close enough). Otherwise, each has their own bus. Problem is, there are no resort-to-resort buses. The OTHER problem is that buses do not begin running back to the resorts until mid morning, as no one is leaving the park at such an early hour. You might want to call your hotel now and ask what the possibilities are. Overall, this isn't Manhattan, with lots of stops between hotels and parks. You won't be the first person to ask that question, and they should have a solution readily available for you. Good luck.
    Last edited by supernova; 02-12-2012 at 04:56 PM.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

JoeWDW is offline A-Ticket holder

I had a similar issue on one of my trips. The easiest thing to do is go to concierge and have them get you a taxi. It shouldn't cost more than 20 bucks.
    www.wdwtraveler.com - A website dedicated to WDW travel for adults.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWDW View Post
    I had a similar issue on one of my trips. The easiest thing to do is go to concierge and have them get you a taxi. It shouldn't cost more than 20 bucks.
    I wasn't going to suggest the taxi bit, but now that someone has, it's always an option. Plus, you would probably only need to take it one way, if you're planning on hitting the parks afterwards. Just have your stuff with you so you can head right out.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I'd take a taxi at that time of the morning rather than transferring all around the world. It is only 6 miles between the Pop and AKL. It should be a relatively cheap taxi ride and think of how much later you can sleep.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Moosmama09 is offline A-Ticket holder

Would it be possible to just wait at the bus stop for the bus coming from AKL to drop off at AK, surly that bus is going back to the resort to pick up the next group of guests.

The drop-off point is different from the pick-up point, so find out before you are waiting in the wrong spot. It also depends on what time the park opens that day.
    Last edited by supernova; 02-13-2012 at 03:19 PM.

He is correct. And You are going to have to be up early. If it is EMH's that day at AK it would potentially work out better. If it a 9am opening at AK park you'll be really pushing it. While the Resort and Park are not connected, they are not far. At that time of day one bus would likely be running and that would go through not only the park but through the AK-DVC and hotel. So it is a bigger loop.

I never rent a car but it is a big misconception that Disney Transportation is good beyond the parks, water parks and DTD, especially in early and late hours. Just try and get to Winter/Summer Mini Golf at night using Disney Transportation. The transferring around is very time consuming. The money I spend in a Taxi when needed for jaunts like Boma early morning is still far cheaper than me renting a car and gas.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I'd take a taxi at that time of the morning rather than transferring all around the world. It is only 6 miles between the Pop and AKL. It should be a relatively cheap taxi ride and think of how much later you can sleep.
    Holy cow. Is it really six miles away? I didn't realize anything was that far apart from each other on property. I guess it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Holy cow. Is it really six miles away? I didn't realize anything was that far apart from each other on property. I guess it's possible.
    This may help you gain some perspective on distance. AK or AKL is just a haul. That is one of the main downside to staying at the lodge. I also didn't like all the tourists wandering around the property, through the pool. Felt the same with the Contemporary.

Distances from Disney World Resorts to the Disney Theme Parks

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Interesting topic. So can recommend the best way to get from Pop to The Poly? We have dinner scheduled at O'Hana at 5p on our first night at WDW and since we are flying we are at the mercy of Disney transportation for our whole trip. Magical Express is going to be a new experience for us too. I was planning on letting our luggage go back to the resort via ME and us heading out to resort hop or shop at DTD before eating.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

grumpy of ohio is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    Interesting topic. So can recommend the best way to get from Pop to The Poly? We have dinner scheduled at O'Hana at 5p on our first night at WDW and since we are flying we are at the mercy of Disney transportation for our whole trip. Magical Express is going to be a new experience for us too. I was planning on letting our luggage go back to the resort via ME and us heading out to resort hop or shop at DTD before eating.

Best bet would be to bus to the MK, then you can either monorail to the Poly, motor launch or ferry....few options.....we only use Disney transportation and find it convenient.....no resort to resort transportation....you have to make connections via a theme park bus depot....

emabee is offline Not too much longer til I'm in the World again!!!

Are there buses that run from Downtown Disney to the parks or will I have to take a bus from the parks (and vice versa) to the TTC and then to Downtown Disney? I know that last year, when we were at DHS, we walked over to the Boardwalk and caught the bus from that resort to DTD but if it's late in the day when we want to head over there, I know we're not going to want to walk.
    http://pinefrog.com/DWT/vana.htm

Disney things I love:

The Capt'n:
    Pirates:
    Magic Kingdom:
    All things Alice:

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Quote Originally Posted by emabee View Post
    Are there buses that run from Downtown Disney to the parks or will I have to take a bus from the parks (and vice versa) to the TTC and then to Downtown Disney? I know that last year, when we were at DHS, we walked over to the Boardwalk and caught the bus from that resort to DTD but if it's late in the day when we want to head over there, I know we're not going to want to walk.
    Yes there are buses that will take you to DTD from your resort. I've only stayed at Pop Century so my experience comes from there. There are designated bus stops outside the main Pop Building that will take you to the parks and DTD.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

emabee is offline Not too much longer til I'm in the World again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    Yes there are buses that will take you to DTD from your resort. I've only stayed at Pop Century so my experience comes from there. There are designated bus stops outside the main Pop Building that will take you to the parks and DTD.
    Hi, thanks for your response but I was looking for information on if I can take a bus from the PARKS to DTD and vice versa and/or if I need to first take a bus to the TTC from the parks to DTD. I don't think that there's a bus that goes direct from Epcot to DTD. But if a bus can take me from the TTC to DTD, then that would be helpful.
    http://pinefrog.com/DWT/vana.htm

Disney things I love:

The Capt'n:
    Pirates:
    Magic Kingdom:
    All things Alice:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast