Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Transportation Discuss Walking from Caribbean Beach Resort to Epcot or DHS in the Vacation Planning forums; Poly -> TTC is a piece of cake. I used to walk all over the resort back in the 80's - from Polynesian over to the then Golf Resort, MK ...
    weepstah is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Walking from Caribbean Beach Resort to Epcot or DHS

Poly -> TTC is a piece of cake. I used to walk all over the resort back in the 80's - from Polynesian over to the then Golf Resort, MK to Contemporary before they put in a path, etc. Mike, it's awesome that you walk between WL and TTC, I don't think I've ever done that walk but certainly will consider it if I get the chance.

I don't know enough about CBR and the general layout in that area to say if walking to Epcot is feasible. Part of it will be time of year, if it's in the mid 90's and 90% humidity, it's not going to be a pleasant walk - especially if you are planning on circling World Showcase on arrival! But the bigger concern I think would be hitting an area that's tough to get through - a surprise fence, a major roadway to cross with no safe way to do so, or other unexpected obstacles.

Interesting question.

ajwiseman09 is offline C-Ticket Holder

One thing I would mention about this is that Disney frowns on people walking along the roads that have no sidewalks. I have actually been on a disney bus and the driver saw a woman walking in the grass along the road and called it into security. Just another thing to keep in mind. I think they are more worried about the safety of their guests and that is why they don't have sidewalks along most of the roads.
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." Walt Disney

Prior to 1998-Offsite (2 trips)
    2000-Fort Wilderness (5)
    2001-Fort Wilderness (5)
    2006-Offsite (3)
    10/10/09-10/17-Coronado Springs (Honeymoon) (6)
    12/31/09-1/4/10-All Star Movies (New Years) (3)
    10/7/10-10/16-Wilderness Lodge (1st Ann.) (8)
    11/24/10-11/28-Lighthouse Keys (2)
    3/9/11-3/15/11-LK & PO Riverside (5)
    7/29/11-8/6/11- LK and Disney Dream (3)
    9/2/11-9/6/11- LK (4)
    12/31-1/6/12 - LK and Carribbean Beach (7)
    3/29-4/2 - Pop Century (3)
    7/27-7/30 - LK (4)
    11/1-11/11 - Poly, Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Dream (5)
    5/23/13-5/27 - LK (5)
    8/3-811 - Disneyland (4)

Total Days in Disney Parks: 72

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder

no sidewalks

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Rules are for quitters.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Speaking-of-which from All Ears this week:

A WDW Bus Driver suggests: It would be very helpful if you included in your tips for joggers/runners that they should stay off the perimeter roads at the resorts and the roads outside the resorts. I can't tell you how many times I've come way too close to a jogger in these situations. The perimeter roads are all very curvy and we travel all of them counter-clockwise. So, our field of view can sometimes be very limited. If a jogger is also going counter-clockwise, we don't see them soon enough. Add to this a delivery truck coming the other direction and you have a potential disaster. Additionally, the roads outside the resorts have little or no provision for joggers/walkers. Few sidewalks, tall grass, sprinkler heads, rough shoulders, very high rates of traffic,etc. make jogging, even walking along the roads quite dangerous. Thank you.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Imagineer Mel is offline B-Ticket Holder

What about walking from the Caribbean Resort to the Art of Animation Resort? Would it be worth it or just take a bus to EPCOT and then to the Art of Animation?
    “You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
    ― Dr. Seuss

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Speaking-of-which from All Ears this week:

A WDW Bus Driver suggests: It would be very helpful if you included in your tips for joggers/runners that they should stay off the perimeter roads at the resorts and the roads outside the resorts. I can't tell you how many times I've come way too close to a jogger in these situations. The perimeter roads are all very curvy and we travel all of them counter-clockwise. So, our field of view can sometimes be very limited. If a jogger is also going counter-clockwise, we don't see them soon enough. Add to this a delivery truck coming the other direction and you have a potential disaster. Additionally, the roads outside the resorts have little or no provision for joggers/walkers. Few sidewalks, tall grass, sprinkler heads, rough shoulders, very high rates of traffic,etc. make jogging, even walking along the roads quite dangerous. Thank you.
    If I can navigate Manhttan on a daily basis, I can certainly navigate the mean grassy areas of WDW. Those Disney bus drivers and their 'recommendations'.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    If I can navigate Manhttan on a daily basis, I can certainly navigate the mean grassy areas of WDW. Those Disney bus drivers and their 'recommendations'.
    I don't know about Manhattan but having worked in the loop in Chicago you take your life into your hands with the bus drivers and taxi cabs every time you cross the street. I'm sure I'm well vetted for the challenge.

In my little Hamlet, my children grew up without sidewalks or curbs. They hoofed it to the bus stop in snow storms with all the vehicles sharing the same road. When they were in elementary school they did the same all the way to the primary school. We didn't have any of those "walk" signs or fancy count down timed crosswalks either. I guess it is all what you are seasoned for.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12