Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Transportation Discuss Walking from Caribbean Beach Resort to Epcot or DHS in the Vacation Planning forums; Is it possible to walk from the Caribbean Beach Resort to Epcot (the International Gateway entrance), or to DHS? From the looks of it on Google Earth, it looks theoretically ...
    Kiliki is offline A-Ticket holder

Walking from Caribbean Beach Resort to Epcot or DHS

Is it possible to walk from the Caribbean Beach Resort to Epcot (the International Gateway entrance), or to DHS?

From the looks of it on Google Earth, it looks theoretically possible by cutting across the grass behind Aruba to the intersection of Victory and Buena Vista, then taking the sidewalk over to the Boardwalk area. I'm wondering anyone has done it and can tell me about it and how long it took.

Other research seems to indicate that it's "possible" but everyone has pretty much recommended against it, but I don't really know why. I walk all the time, and would prefer this to taking the buses if at all possible (i.e. if it's under an hour or so).

Thanks for any help!

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!

Re: Walking from Caribbean Beach Resort to Epcot or DHS

Me personally, I wouldn't recommend it
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

nicholas is offline Lost in my house

i havent done it but it probaly can be done if you looked on google earth and research shows that. and i wouldent do it but if you like to walk then go ahead. and your Canadain a.
    Last edited by nicholas; 05-26-2012 at 10:01 PM.

Yep, I'm Canadian... so walking in WDW should be a piece of cake after all the snow and ice here, eh?
    The only reason I'm asking is because so many people on other boards have strongly recommended not doing it, but didn't really explain why. So I didn't know if it was a super long walk, or really unpleasant traffic or something.

prickle is offline Fastpass Holder

I wouldn't. Disney offers so much free transportation . The walking and activities while in the park must be taken into consideration, while still having to make the walk all the way back, after dark.

UBMICK35000 is offline B-Ticket Holder

When I stayed at the Boardwalk, it was about a 15 minute walk to the International Gateway. That was on a nice day, walking briskly, by myself, only stopping once or twice to take some pictures, so a lot will depend on how many people are in your party, how fast they can walk, and the kind of weather.

The same was true when I stayed across Crescent Lake at the Yacht Club. About 15 minutes to the International Gateway and about 20 minutes to Hollywood Studios.

Of course, if you do make it to the Boardwalk, you can always take one of the FriendShips to either Epcot or DHS and save yourself the walk.
    [indent]Who says you have to grow up? - Walt Disney

07 / 1990 off property
    09 / 1992 off property
    06 / 1997 Wilderness Lodge
    07 / 2000 Port Orleans
    06 / 2002 Wilderness Lodge
    12 / 2003 Grand Floridian
    09 / 2005 Disneyland Hotel
    09 / 2006 Boardwalk
    06 / 2007 Contemporary
    06 / 2008 Riverside
    03 / 2009 Caribbean Beach
    10 / 2010 Yacht Club
    05 / 2011 Polynesian
    12 / 2011 Disneyland Hotel
    06 / 2012 Disney Magic
    05 / 2013 'Grand' Californian
    12 / 2013 'Grand' Floridian

2009 D23 Charter Member

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

15 minutes from the Yacht Club?! It's not 15 minutes from the Swan and Dolphin.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

This excerpt is from WDW Magic:

All times and distances were recorded on a pedometer, worn by the same person, walking at an average-to-brisk pace.

Boardwalk Inn Resort entrance to Swan and Dolphin Resort
    5 mins - 0.2 miles

Epcot International Gateway to Epcot monorail station
    15 mins - 0.53 miles

Swan and Dolphin Resort to Disney-MGM Studios entrance
    18 mins - 0.83 miles

Swan and Dolphin Resort to Yacht and Beach Club Resort lighthouse area
    7 mins - 0.28 miles

Swan and Dolphin Resort to Epcot International Gateway (via Yacht and Beach club)
    12.5 mins - 0.52 miles

Swan and Dolphin Resort to Epcot International Gateway (via the Boardwalk)
    11.5 mins - 0.49 miles

Yacht and Beach Club Resort to Epcot International Gateway
    5.5 mins - 0.24 miles
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Hmmmmm, I'd have never guessed it was a shorter trip to the IG from the Swan/Dolphin via the Boardwalk. Seems like that's a longer way around.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliki View Post
    The only reason I'm asking is because so many people on other boards have strongly recommended not doing it, but didn't really explain why. So I didn't know if it was a super long walk, or really unpleasant traffic or something.
    Because other boards are run by light-weights. I got scolded by a moderator on one board because I mentioned that I always walk over to the TTC from Wilderness Lodge. You aren't allowed to do that, what's wrong with you, there are no sidewalks, there are buses, etc. Me, if I don't see a bus and the stop is crowded, or perhaps I just missed one, I walk over. Until Disney's rent-a-cops stop me, and they never have, I'll keep doing it.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

I've walked the Poly TTC but never WL, never actually thought of it. I have a poor sense of direction. Is it an obvious path to TTC or do you follow a road out of WL?

How long of a walk is it?

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Have either of you ever walked from CBR?

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I've walked the Poly TTC but never WL, never actually thought of it. I have a poor sense of direction. Is it an obvious path to TTC or do you follow a road out of WL?

How long of a walk is it?
    Half the trek seems to be getting to the guard post and then to the main road. From there, you just cross straight over at the light, and walk past the bus area, past where the kennel used to be, and then right into the TTC. Ten minutes tops, if that. Not many sidewalks, but I walk in the grass or walk the shoulder against the traffic, not with. Seems safer that way.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliki View Post
    Have either of you ever walked from CBR?
    I have not. CBR is really weird hike to Epcot. CBR is also a massive resort, so depending on where you are actually starting from in the sea of resort buildings to the main road, just not worth it to me. It is one mile to Epcot and 2 miles to DHS entrance point. Factor the temperature in when deciding.

You might have a better time of it with DHS if my memory is serving me correctly, a gamble. I am thinking that is the road where all of the off property bus queues maybe???? If that is the case at least there is a path to follow.

Are you also noting the the property map is not to scale? AKL and AK seem close yet is 2 miles. Even the Contemporary from the MK is almost a mile to the entrance to entrance. At park closing I had always walked back to the Contemporary. Also from TTC to the Poly. If you are going to venture off I would do it in daylight.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Are you also noting the the property map is not to scale? AKL and AK seem close yet is 2 miles. Even the Contemporary from the MK is almost a mile to the entrance to entrance. At park closing I had always walked back to the Contemporary. Also from TTC to the Poly. If you are going to venture off I would do it in daylight.
    I have done the Poly/TTC walk and it wasn't bad. I was staying closer to the main lobby, from what I remember (this was over ten years ago and I the only thing I really remember about it is not being overly impressed with the hotel so I haven't stayed there since). But the walk was a nice one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast