Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes
Transportation Discuss New Monster University Monorail in the Vacation Planning forums; Wow. Projection mapping on Spaceship Earth. What a grievous and heinous act!! What's next?! Cinderella's castle?! Good god, people...Can you be any more ridiculous....
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: New Monster University Monorail

Wow. Projection mapping on Spaceship Earth. What a grievous and heinous act!!

What's next?! Cinderella's castle?!

Good god, people...Can you be any more ridiculous.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Of all the awful monorail wraps they've applied, I actually hate this one least. It makes more sense than all the others... sort of like a class bus trip for the monsters.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    And I made the well now understatement about nothing is sacred with Disney anymore and then today, Disney's announcement about Monstrous Summer...well...

Isn't that special?
    I didn't see the Sully projection, but the Mike one was cute. Not sure I'd want it every day, but as a one time announcement thing, at least Mike is round like the ball. They did a nice job there.
    nicholas likes this.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Of all the awful monorail wraps they've applied, I actually hate this one least. It makes more sense than all the others... sort of like a class bus trip for the monsters.
    Monsters is by far my favorite themed monorail to date. Whimsical.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Wow. Projection mapping on Spaceship Earth. What a grievous and heinous act!!

What's next?! Cinderella's castle?!

Good god, people...Can you be any more ridiculous.

Good God, learn to self filter yourself. If you don't agree learn to let your facts support your posts, the weak fall back/go to, posting ignorant comments about members, is a never ending cycle that defines your character more than the members you attempt to belittle with petty, immature insults.

Apples and Oranges comparison. A Fantasy Castle, in Fantasyland, with Fantasy cartoons plastered on it, well it fits the the theming of that land in the Magic Kingdom.

I view Epcot differently than you obviously do, I never viewed Epcot, Future World or World Showcase as a park where animation or animation characters blended well into the theming. I wasn't a fan either of the Wand atop SSE either for all those years. I find SSE beautiful at night surrounded by the fountains and the lighting accents to be stunning. I find the interuption of the tranquil night feel of that area by the need to project Monstor University animation on SSE a minus verses a plus to Epcot theming and a continuation of the dumbing down of Future World with the need to bring animation into the parks.

I was equally as glad to see this version of Illuminations go away quickly. Illuminations was strong enough on its own and didn't need to infuse characters. The castle in Fantasyland, very fitting.
    i-neighborhood likes this.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

There is nothing "sacred" about SSE. I'd be willing to bet most visitors, kids especially, get a kick out of it.

Heck, even Mike enjoyed it and he hates everything!

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I didn't see the Sully projection, but the Mike one was cute. Not sure I'd want it every day, but as a one time announcement thing, at least Mike is round like the ball. They did a nice job there.
    Yeah, I saw some pics of Mike this morning when Estelle Hallick posted them on Facebook. Looked really cool.

As for the monorail wrap, I should clarify my earlier statement. My problem with the school banners wasn't that they were banners, it's just that they make it look incomplete. Should have either just stuck with the monsters in the windows, or at least come up with a little more for the sides of the cars.

I'm pretty agnostic when it comes to monorail wraps, but I do have to admit The Avengers wrap looked really nice in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Yeah, I saw some pics of Mike this morning when Estelle Hallick posted them on Facebook. Looked really cool.

As for the monorail wrap, I should clarify my earlier statement. My problem with the school banners wasn't that they were banners, it's just that they make it look incomplete. Should have either just stuck with the monsters in the windows, or at least come up with a little more for the sides of the cars.

I'm pretty agnostic when it comes to monorail wraps, but I do have to admit The Avengers wrap looked really nice in person.
    I just found your email again with the links to the videos for ambient sounds, and that started me off searching for a lot of new video to add to my collection. I came across one of the Mike projection in action (along with the brief Sulley roar segment) from the press conference. It thought the Wazowski one was cleverly done. Even his horns are visible, which was neat. The projection isn't the full ball, which allowed them to give his head shape and definition.

Did you not get my incomplete version of Illuminations? Somehow the Dropbox software has changed. By the end, I wasn't entirely sure what, if anything, I had sent you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12