Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By HauntedGabe
  • 1 Post By supernova
  • 1 Post By keli7517
  • 1 Post By supernova
Transportation Discuss Disney ME Transportation & My Disney Experience in the Vacation Planning forums; Decided to post this here in transportation too. If you are using the Disney ME, put your magic bands on before you land. That should be stated with the bands ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Disney ME Transportation & My Disney Experience

Decided to post this here in transportation too.

If you are using the Disney ME, put your magic bands on before you land. That should be stated with the bands if you are flying into MCO but at this point in time it isn't mentioned. The ME is now Touch to Enter and they know who has been shipped Magic Bands. The have guests digging through their bags when they reach the beginning of the ME check-in. It is holding up the lines as guest try and fit their Children's Magic Bands, especially if the insert needs to be removed.

When touch to enter at the queue, your itinerary pops up making it a quick check in if the Magic Band isn't in your carry on bag. Another glitch in the My Experience is if guests are resort hopping or going resort/cruise/resort.
    It red-flags as you touch to enter at ME check in as being dropped at Grand Floridian but no pick up at GF for return to MCO. While these are glitches that will be resolved and it is the TEST phase, so there is more work to be done with programming My Disney Experience.

Also you might not to want to take those Magic Bands off when you are departing the World back to MCO. The Disney Store at MCO has been fitted with Touch to Pay. It has not launched yet but coming real soon.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Disney ME Transportation & My Disney Experience

Touch to Pay has never appealed to me. My wallet isn't so far 'behind' that I can't just reach for my wallet. Have we really become that lazy as a society?
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Touch to Pay has never appealed to me. My wallet isn't so far 'behind' that I can't just reach for my wallet. Have we really become that lazy as a society?
    Don't know how they compiled the data but Disney is claiming huge success with Touch to Pay. They were not speaking of the guest satisfaction or lack of but the profits. The financial artificial spoke to guests spending more at WDW over guests not using the touch bands. While good bragging rights to the financial news, guests should take note of that.

I too am not a fan of touch to pay or prior my room card being loaded. The trip before last Disney debited my entire meal instead of just drinks instead of my DP. While I did catch it, it did take 5 days for my bank to receive the credit. They said they voided it but I didn't get a receipt for the void and the funds were out of my account for 5 days. I generally tour with cash and just leave other purchases for either a debit or credit card I carry with me.
    supernova likes this.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

sriddagh is offline A-Ticket holder

We visit WDW a lot because our daughter is a cast member and we live in Va., so we go to the Parks as often as we can when we visit. I am not crazy about the Touch to Pay. As a vast majority of guests probably are, we are on a budget and we are mindful of everything we spend. At the end of the day we want to know where our spending is. I would much rather use my debit card or cash for any purchases for food or souviners. This way I am in complete control of our budget for our vacation. I cannot imagine paying a huge amount that may or may not be expected at the end of the trip. When we were there in April a lot of guests used their resort cards at the food court. At one point in time I handed the cast member at the cash register my debit card, she looked at it then looked at me and asked if I was aware that I gave her my debit card and not the resort key card. To be honest most of the guests in front of me used the resort key card. If anyone surveyed the guests I think they would find that many more guests than they think would rather use their own cards whether credit, debit or even cash. I always paid for as much as I could before the trip and used debit or cash for the rest of our stay and we are perfectly fine with that. I hope that we will always have a choice of whether to use the Touch to Pay or not.

Quote Originally Posted by sriddagh View Post
    We visit WDW a lot because our daughter is a cast member and we live in Va., so we go to the Parks as often as we can when we visit. I am not crazy about the Touch to Pay. As a vast majority of guests probably are, we are on a budget and we are mindful of everything we spend. At the end of the day we want to know where our spending is. I would much rather use my debit card or cash for any purchases for food or souviners. This way I am in complete control of our budget for our vacation. I cannot imagine paying a huge amount that may or may not be expected at the end of the trip. When we were there in April a lot of guests used their resort cards at the food court. At one point in time I handed the cast member at the cash register my debit card, she looked at it then looked at me and asked if I was aware that I gave her my debit card and not the resort key card. To be honest most of the guests in front of me used the resort key card. If anyone surveyed the guests I think they would find that many more guests than they think would rather use their own cards whether credit, debit or even cash. I always paid for as much as I could before the trip and used debit or cash for the rest of our stay and we are perfectly fine with that. I hope that we will always have a choice of whether to use the Touch to Pay or not.
    Welcome to the WDW Radio family. Hope you enjoy your time with us.

We seem to travel the same way. My DS, a 20 something year old CM so we were able to visit a bit more often these days than we could have normally, yet the airfare is a bite right now. That is also why I could not be too annoyed with the billing error, everything was linked back to my DS CM status and they frown upon CMs calling out other CMs errors, it does get back to their supervisors. My DS trainer having ADRs at a steak place was annoyed that his group kept getting passed over and were way past their seating time. He had something to say, politely and quietly. They were seated eventually but not anymore timely. The next day his coordinator said he had a report from the steak place about his off duty behavior. So I am far more tolerant of things that go badly by default.

Oddly that was the first time I used my Debit for food during that vacation, only cause I bought stuff at the gift shop and needed to use my cash for DS discount. When my kids were small I traveled with Travelers Checks, Used one in the morning for breakfast and had cash for the balance of the day and just kept an extra one in my wallet, rest in safe. It was a great system we had back then.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I too am not a fan of touch to pay or prior my room card being loaded. The trip before last Disney debited my entire meal instead of just drinks instead of my DP. While I did catch it, it did take 5 days for my bank to receive the credit. They said they voided it but I didn't get a receipt for the void and the funds were out of my account for 5 days. I generally tour with cash and just leave other purchases for either a debit or credit card I carry with me.
    I'm with you. They always offer to link my room card to my credit card. Either way, I have to take something out of my wallet for them to swipe. No need to connect one to the other. More and more I have workers asking me if I will be using my Key to the World card or if I'm on the dining plan. Haven't ever used either and probably won't.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by sriddagh View Post
    And your statement is exactly what Disney is hoping for with Touch to Pay technology. The less you can keep track of your spendings, the better. Who needs cash when you can just touch your wrist and keep on going. The real Disney fun comes when you check out of your room and are handed a monster bill. The poor folks at the resort gift shops or the stores at the airport might be seeking a spike in merchandise returns once this rolls out.

And as I've said I'm a tad chicken to drive in the Orlando area so I generally take the DME. Yet this ME failed to stop when the car did in front of the bus. RIP, the lady in car passed away at Celebration. 2 from bus taken to hospital with non life threatening injuries. Mears came to pick up balance of stranded passengers.

On a whole those buses can follow close at times. Thinking I just need a George Jetson vehicle to and from MCO.

picture removed by moderator
    passenger and viewrs of channel 13 photo's
    Last edited by tiggerguy; 08-18-2013 at 08:16 PM. Reason: removed gruesome photo

How often to you hear or read that DME is owned and operated by Mears?

"Earlier today a Disney Magical Express bus owned and operated by Mears Transportation Group was involved in an accident with another automobile near Epcot Center Drive and Overpass Road in Orlando just after 3:30 p.m.

The Florida Highway Patrol is on the scene and handling the investigation.
    We have been informed by FHP that one individual in the automobile involved died as a result of the accident and two individuals on board the bus were transported to Celebration Hospital. The extent of their injuries are unknown.

Our deepest sympathies go out to the family of the individual who tragically lost their life in this accident. We are cooperating fully with FHP."

Only when there's an accident, apparently. Way to distance yourselves, Disney. Still, Mears operating Disney's ME bus line is one of the worst kept secrets out there.
    HauntedGabe likes this.

keli7517 is offline A-Ticket holder

Mears is also operating shuttles for people living off-property. I enjoyed the ride 2 days ago, but the thunderstorms and light show seemed to scare me while being in there…Welcome to Florida
    HauntedGabe likes this.

Before I discovered the wonderful world of renting cars, I always used Mears to get to and from the airport. Then Disney started ME.
    HauntedGabe likes this.

Rarely do you see Disney state DME as Mears.

Apparently the person that passed was a CM who worked at a resort. Sad.